Shyvana's Path of Life

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fateborn

04-25-2013

Edit: Chapter 1 through 7 has been updated. More to come.

Seeing as I want to continue my lore behind Shyvana after doing that fanfiction update to the Factions
This is the same chapter as in the fan fiction link provided earlier. Second chapter will be arriving shortly.

Fanfiction Site

Table of Contents
Chapter 1 - The Usurping
Chapter 2 - The Pursue
Chapter 3 - The Frejlord
Chapter 4 - Outcast
Chapter 5 - New Home
Chapter 6 - The Ruthless King
Chapter 7 - Rude Awakening
Chapter 8 - The Dark Side
Chapter 9 - The Twisted Truth

Chapter 1 - The Usurping

I walks down the hall wearing my battle worn crimson armor with rusted golden trims with hint of bloods from long battles and absenting my standard helm and claws due to me being a half-dragon. As you might be aware, my skin is dust blue from being a daughter of an Earth dragon with a human mother, my eyes are shining yellow like a bumblebee that would make anybody of noble jealous of me, and my hairs, due to lack of a helm, are let down and bloody in color, and I twisted it into a ponytail that looks like it's a tail.
I spots a familiar figure, I jogs toward him.
"Lord Jarvan!" I waves as the noble figure grows closer and closer. "Hello Shyvana, how was your day?" He ask. "Excellent! I improved my ability to control the flame breathe from my hand to not harm those innocent. I also found a suspicious massing in the nearby town and confirmed them to be Noxian, and crushed them. I missed a few unfortunately." "That's a good girl." He pats my head gently.
I smiles as if I was given a reward. I glance up to Jarvan, he is wearing his golden crown, with a special brand of powder to make it shine. His shoulder armors are all jagged with black tipped spikes. Two flawless emerald inserted in his crown, and his chest plate that would make even the nobles envious. He is also carrying a sealed scroll in his left hand. He is without his favorite spear however; but that only brings him more nobility of security within the palace.
"I am needed with an affair, I shall see you later, Shyvana." He stated. "Okay! Good day then, Prince." Before turning to leave, I notices Jarvan's smirk, wondering for a bit about it, but I shrug it off.
Later, with a lucky guess I finds my ally and rival at the shooting gallery, and looks around for the sky pest.
Unable to find him, I stare back to Quinn who is practicing her crossbow skill. She's showing her back to me, full of openings and at the same time she well guarded, one could describe such very easily... a blue feather style cape, a silver deattached plate pant, her ash brown hair, which seems longer than usual flow with each shot of a bolt. One could assumes it's because she's not wearing her hawk helm.
I calls to her. "Hey Quinn." My voice was of a girl you might expect from two girlfriends rivalry. "Hello Dragon-girl." She reply with no emotion still shooting at dummy targets.
"Where's that bird of your?" I asked. "Finding his food."
Awkward silence floods the area. Broken with, "I've been meaning to ask you... but were you meeting Lord Jarvan?" "That's a private matter for his ears only." "Is it something important?"
"Yes, regarding a traitor within our ranks." She gives a quick glance at me and I notices it. Why did she just look at me? I thoughts it over and presumed it to be nothing, but lately stranger things happens. One time I saw something different when seeing Jarvan IV fixing his face up in front of a mirror... the reflection in the mirror wasn't Jarvan. Thinking train aside, I asked Quinn, "You know about the rumor between you and Lord Jarvan?" "Which ones?" She responded crudely. "The one where you and...Lord Jarvan... are an item?" I asked with hestitation. "No."
Relieved knowing Jarvan isn't going with this birdbrain, "Then I'll be seeing you later." "Adios..."
I exits the gallery and heads toward my room, but not before noticing Valor has been watching me from a nearby fence post outside the gallery before flying back inside.
As I arrives to my room's door, I finds a note on the door with a dagger stabbing into it.
I reads it carefully...

"Upon the third day, the Dragon Girl is hereby condemned by plucking scale off one by one, followed by gallows.
So ordered by King Jarvan the Third.
Reasoning of suspicious activities and found guility."

The note brought a shock to me, I had done nothing wrong or suspicious... then I felt a presence behind me, but I didn't have my gauntlets. A hand is placed on my shoulder from the behind... I recognizes the platings on the hand as the first human I met. "Lord Jarvan..."
With a voice unlike to the earlier that I remember, "I know... you are to flee as of now. Take your weapons, take your belongings, take your feelings. Flee with them all away from here. I will serve them a double and provide you more time to hide. No one are to find you. No one are to harm you. I will buy you as much time as possible, you are my prize. You are my possession, you are to not be ruined."

That speech, it's not Jarvan, I thought to myself, but he was right, I has to flee if the note is real, I can't just stand by and wait to see if it's fake.

"Yes... Jarvan. I will begone by the end of day..." I said while turning to face his prince.

He's still the same from earlier, but he has his favorite spear now.
I then notices a split second smirk from Jarvan the Fourth. That SAME damned smile... He's behind this whole thing, isn't he? If it is the same Lord Jarvan that I knows... then he must wants me gone and be free of a sore. So the rumor about Quinn and him was correct then?
I took off in a swift motion and Jarvan IV drew out his spear and aims for my left hind leg, and threw it, but it barely scratchs me, but the wound cripples my power to use heat to speed forward.
"I wonders how long will it be for you to be captured eh?! Shyvana?" He laughed mockingly, it definitely wasn't the Jarvan I knows. I manages to flee the palace, and the guards recognizes me and shouts for me to stop, and took off chasing after me. My tail-like hairs sway with the wind as I create a great distance between her and the pursuing guards from city of Demacia. I presumes the guards have given up for now and retreated and I sets off on my way.

Few hours later... on an abandoned farmhouse close to the border between Demacia and Noxus. I sits away in stealth unseen from any point in the building but the pathway.
Tending to my wounds, I quietly and briefly mumbles to myself, thinking about what had happened to the old Jarvan I knew. Sniffing an unfamilar smell, I stood up battle-ready.
When I recognize it as an enemy, I leapt for the incoming person prepared for the worse.
"Whoa! WHOA! Cool it there dragon girl!" yelled a hooded man. I stops short before him and recognize him as Talon, The Blade's Shadow of Du Couteau family. He is dressed to kill, but his guard is down, perhaps to convince me he is not an enemy. "...Is that you Talon? Why have you come here? This is none of your personal business." I snaps while holding up my fists preparing to fight.
He empties a bag at my feet... it's my tools of trade... my helm, my battle gauntlets, and some of my personal belongings in a small sack.
"Listen to me, Demacia is in disarray because of a man ploying to overthrow the noble bloodlines and give Noxus more power." ...? What is he talking about? I thought he was crazy, but he is known to be the dark assassin of Noxus's noble, Du Couteau, does this means he's on order from a daughter of their?
"Why are you and Katarina helping me?" "Because She and Garen were working together to find the cause of renegades. Seems you're the next target for their overthrow, I am simply on order from Miss Katarina
to help you escape and in hiding for a while." "Hide? Why should I hide if something is out there trying to kill me? I should stand up and face it like Lord Jarvan would!" "And what has happened to this 'Lord Jarvan'?"
I freeze for a second. Knowing something had happened to my noble protector. Why did he change so suddenly? That is the question that haunts me now. "The details are not important, what's important is that you flee for now. I've managed to find a good hideout for you in Frejlord controlled by Ashe's tribe, she is trustworthy as you must know." He then looks up to the doorway, "I hears someone coming, you must depart immediately." I nods and recovers my bag belongings, and put on my helm and claws. I whispers a thank to the man, and leave. Darkness shroud around Talon, as I escapes outside and toward north.

Ananda

04-25-2013

lol what a nerd.

Fateborn

04-25-2013

Chapter 2 - The Pursue

Huff of cold white air appears around my cold blue lips. Rushing icy wind brush through the dry red hairs as I pace up the rocky path toward the frozen plain. My eyes are tiring me out from continuous running to the point where I could collapse from potentially broken legs. I'm hungry, and thirsty, but I have no time. Pursuers are behind me. Men shrouded in black, carrying poisonous swords, I can see the toxins dripping with my sharp pupils.
I wants to fight back, but I can't hope to face so many foes...
Thinking fast, I peeks into my bag of belongings Talon had given her. There it was. Really, there it was... my flame stone. I grasp at it pulling it out and aiming it behind her, bringing out its power the stone spews flame out forming a trail. The black men panic as they avoids the fiery fire. Still hot on my pace, failing to notice the thick fallen tree branch in front of me as I trips over it. My claws slip off, and my helm knocks off, I looks up. They're right over me. Sinister glare from them. Red eyes on all of them. One raise his blade preparing to slash at me.
I couldn't help but fear the death. I closes my eyes and clenchs my teeth preparing for the end.
Thunk.
No pain? No rushing memory of my history? Nothing?
I peeks open one of my eyes, I see a pair of leg standing a short distance from my fallen body, I feels something drips on me. It's red. It appears to be blood, but it's not mine.
I fully opens my eyes, and looks up. A large sword stabbing into the man's stomach.
The black man slowly grips at the blade coughing out blood and looks up to his killer cursing.
He slips off the blade collapsing onto ground like a pile of clothes. The other assassins stare in debelief and with fear.
I slowly turns my body behind me looking back. Large black hairs flowing gracefully with the wind. Golden crown dazzling with a sapphire in the center. White winter coat fit for a king, and a large great sword. It's him... The Barbarian King Tryndamere.
Unable to help but look in astonish. He whispered something and dashed off to face the rest of the assassins. What did he says? That's when I notices the other barbarians following up behind.
Five blue lightnings bolts across the sky above my head, each accurately hitting the dark men. Those looks like arrows, can it be...?
I looks down and see Ashe approaching me, she greets me while dotting in a violet dress with the bottom half being white and trimming of gold. She's wearing a crown too, but it has more gems than the king does. She's holding her frost bow professionally that one has to but admires her skill in archery.
"Seems it'll be over soon, Miss Shyvana." Ashe calmly said. Now that she mentions it, the sound of fighting has been halt. I looks toward the battle. All assassins dead, with some of the barbarians laying on the ground dead. The terrifying effect of toxic...
Tryndamere walks over to us with his now bloody sword in haul. "You're safe now, Dragon Girl." He said.
Shivering with cold, "H-h-how d-di-" Ashe stops me there with a finger on my lips. "Come along my dear, we should get you warmed up." Such a kindness in her words, I wonders if it's even possible to be this nice. I picks myself up from the freezing ground. Tryndamere toss a bear fur around my shoulders and offers a chance to carry me. I respectfully declines it, I have my ego after all, and Ashe gesture me to walks with her. Tryndamere moves to picks up my scattered belongings putting them in the sack, and follows the girls from behind with his men in tow.

MathMage

Fateborn

04-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
Thank you! Linking it below the image.

Fateborn

04-26-2013

Chapter 3 - The Frejlord

A jaw dropping sight. An organized camp, with the huts neatly placed in line layered with moss-grass made to provide soft foothold to prevent leg cramps. I am led to an identical hut though bit fancier from the animal hide mounting. Here, I'm given a warm drink of cocoa bean boiled to melting point. Ashe leads me to a rugged chair where I takes a seat. Tryndamere then hands me the belongings including the flame stone and the armors.Taking a chance to ask him. "What did you whisper to me earlier mister?"
"I said it twas alright we are here." What a weird accent. "Oh... Well, how did you know where I was?" She asks bluntly.
"Garen sent us a notice." The Frost Archer reply. Did he? But didn't he pledge his loyalty to Jarvan IV? Unless...
Tryndamere breaks my thoughts, "Garen?! I thunk it twas the shady man, Claw or sumthing?" To whom Ashe decline, politely stating that Talon is only a deliveryman. All of this makes the Barbarian King very confused which causes him to exit the hut for a breather. Perhaps to go hunt or make his right arm even stronger than before. Alone with the archer in the housing I, still sitting and sipping my cup of chocolate, glances at the wall full of hunting trophies which I assumes to be by Tryndamere as Ashe probably does not want to boast much.
Silence breaks when Ashe noisily tidy the place up. Carrying around bowls from one place to another, moving the chairs further away from the center.
Ashe then brings a chair of her own and sits across from me reminding her of a game Jarvan used to play with me all the time, 'War of the King', a game where you battle on an arena with pieces to try and take over territories and capture the opposing king. Ever since Jarvan IV's return from his near-execution, he hadn't been the same... Did something...? "What do you think... happened to Prince Jarvan the Fourth?" I asked.
"I don't know, I was not there to know all the details." Frowning at her answer, I sighs.
"So, where will I be staying?" "I already prepared a hidden coven nearby armed with a True Ice Sensor Crystal allowing you and me to feels for the dangers coming to your area."
I am relieved with her reply, but I comes up with a terrible cramp in my stomach, I excuses myself and asks to be shown the way to her new shelter.
Ashe smiles, seemingly happy that I wants to be out. Perhaps she felt discomfort in the presence of a half-dragon that could literally burn their huts down if I sneezed. Calling out to her husband who walked in briefly after.
"Bring Miss. Shyvana to her new home please, Honey." "Aye, t'at I will do." Tryndamere then holds the hut curtains open for me to walk through, to which I politely accepts and we both departs for an adventure toward the central frozen mountain close to Ashe's sister's, Lissandra, terrority.

AerithRayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2013

I'll read this soon(TM) but ignore the troll. He's been everywhere. You're not singled out <3

Fateborn

04-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerithRayne View Post
I'll read this soon(TM) but ignore the troll. He's been everywhere. You're not singled out <3
Have been. :)

Fateborn

04-28-2013

Chapter 4 - Outcast

Empty...
The view of Frejlord is very empty. White, blue, and obstructions. You barely can see anything, you'd be lucky to be able to see your feet. Of all the days, it had to be today for a blizzard. Poked from many directions and angles, I endures the deadly needles from sky. Tryndamere seems to be ignoring it, perhaps from living it day to day.
I, like a cat, could not resist asking, "How do you survive things like this...?""Tick Fats." The accent replied" "What?" "Tick Fats. You know? Fats we produc' wih our body? I ain't all muscles, girlie." The Dragon-Girl seems confused by this asked another question. "How does Thick Fats helps exactly?" "I din't think they helps rally, it's moreover heats from fats." The deep voice answered.
Understanding it more, she ask, "What do I do to get Thick Fats?"
Tryndamere attempts to answer when something blew out of the snow covered freezing ground. White fur covered beast, fangs too many to count, leering eyes glowing with violet color, claws shaped like three nail in a wood for each finger. Legs as thick as a hammerhead shark's body.
"Ah! A Snow Devourer!" Did his grammar just improve? Thinking too much of this, I prepares for the combat.
"Shyvana, we'll do the pincer attack!" I nods in agreement to the king's shout and dash off to my left toward the gigantic beast's right arm. Flame erupts from my claws and slams on the arm. It seems undaunted, perhaps the furs are too thick, and the cold is draining out the flame's life too much to keep it burning. I feels conflicted, then I hears the beast roars with pain as blood flow out of its left shoulder. Tryndamere had wounded it. He held on to his sword like a demon fused to a cursed blade, he screams as he ruthlessly slash at the beast's side. I closes my eyes in shame, I felt weak, too weak to be always protected, Talon, Garen, Katarina, Ashe, and Tryndamere had always protected her since her escape from the Gold Palace.
A bloodcurdling scream then pierces my mind. I opens my eyes again and look toward Tryndamere. He's been caught by the beast's right arm, I was suppose to keep the very arm busy... it's my fault. The nails are digging into Tryndamere's flesh, his mouth wide as a coconut, his eyes as large as his hand, I can see his veins popping on his neck...he's in a critical condition. I have no choice, be it life or death, I have to draw out more flames.
I focused intensely on my powers and the flame danced around me. I leaps up and grabs on the right arm of the beast, the furs begins to sizzle then torched. The beast roared, releasing the wounded king from its grasp and tries to shake the clinging salamander from the arm. Realizing the futile of his attempt, he decides to picks me up with the other arm wounded from Tryndamere's attacks. I notices what it's trying to do and throw a stream of flame with my right claw toward the danger closing in. Ignoring the pain of heat, it grabs at me, missing his target, but managed to grab hold of my ponytail. Shrieking from the pain many would know from having hairs pulled I grabs at my hairs to keep it from being torn apart. The beast brings me close to its face, I glance with fierceness and pain. The beast growls at me hungrily, and I could see the whiteness of its fangs, it kept them nice and tidy, as there are no gaping between each, and the beast unlatch its jaw to prepare to devour me. Eternal blackness inside the mouth, I fears the worst. Staring at the death in its face, the end grows closer and closer. I glances for a moment toward Tryndamere's body. He's unconscious from all of the blood loss... I sighs and laughs at my futility of life. The beast release me into its mouth, the entrance seals as soon as I enters.
Gulps. No chewing... what a beast with appetites. I laughs again at foolishness of not dying from being eaten, instead I'm going to die from being boil inside its stomach. Blackness everywhere. Being wet from the stomach fluid make me unable to generates flame. Quite a pleasing and roomy place, I would loves to sleep here if it wasn't going to kill me. I sits waiting for my eventual demise. Not a moment later, I hears the beast crash onto the ground, groaning with crackling noise outside. A fade sound of nothingness, then a quick cutting noise. Soon... light appears from the stomach wall, a cut was made in its gut. Did Tryndamere save me was my thought as I climbs through the opening, greeted by nothingness. I then looks toward where Tryndamere was before I was swallowed...he's still unconscious on the snowy ground, with his wounds frozen over. I looks around, and spots a split second sight of a boomerang shaped headgear disappearing behind a frozen pillar...

Fiestaware

04-28-2013

You are consistently mixing up your past and present tenses. I think you want to write in the present tense?