"Attempting to Reconnect" constantly during games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qsu

10-21-2013

Could we please get some sort of acknowledgement or red post in this?

I really don't want to reboot to Windows just to play LoL and since LoL is the only game I play right now I'd love it to work with my platform of choice...

Thanks!

Qsu

10-22-2013

For the record, upgrading to 10.9 Mavericks didn't fix anything.

Mcgreggor

10-23-2013

Hello all I briefly experienced this problem a long time ago!

Some option for quick fixes to this problem is make sure that the league of legends file is located IN the applications folder! Not next to it!

Make sure that the league icon is not on the dock but rather on your desktop. ( I know these sound dumb and pointless but some of these work)

Try reinstalling the new Mac client as some issues are smoothed out by repatching.

Verify and repair your disk permissions with disk utility and download IDefrag to defragment your hard drive ( might resolve conflicts with the client)

Lastly control click ( right click) on the league of legends icon located within your applications folder not the one on the dock.

Select the show package contents option then select the LoL folder inside there is another icon Play League of legends option use this to launch your game.

These are just some solutions that have worked but personally verifying and repairing disk permissions as well as defragmenting your HD should do the trick

Let me know of this helps

Mcgreggor

10-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsu View Post
Could we please get some sort of acknowledgement or red post in this?

I really don't want to reboot to Windows just to play LoL and since LoL is the only game I play right now I'd love it to work with my platform of choice...

Thanks!
Hey man I just thought of a random fix that might help !

remember when you had to spam the league launcher in order for the client to open ?

the fix is as follows.

re download the league of legends dmg
in the dmg there is the league icon DONT CLICK just control click or right click then go to show package contents!

contents>LoL>RADS copy all the files in this folder and sstroe them safely in an untitled folder

then go to you league icon in your applications folder and follow same steps

replace the RADS file of your old league application with the RADS contents of the new league of legends icon

(note) you will want to back up the original RADS file content just incase

hope this helps!

KuchiyosexKage

10-24-2013

Just adding on to the fact that I get huge lag spikes and sometimes disconnects.

AussieMark96

10-25-2013

I am having the same problem, playing with 30 ping on wireless then every 10 seconds it jumps to 1000 ping then says re connecting for 30 seconds and rinse repeat.

There is clearly a problem and RIOT is ignoring it by not even acknowledging this post. Frustrating!!!

Boooobs

12-23-2013

Exactly same issue, but happening on a 2013 13" Haswell Macbook Air.
Worked perfectly fine until yesterday, reinstalled client, rebooted computer and modem to no avail.

Game is unplayable.

'bump.

Rainbows111

12-23-2013

Pretty much the same issue, can't get through the ban phase, client will freeze every 20 seconds can't do much, does this for all game mode. Reinstalled, I've never had LoL pin'd to my dock, Iunno.

Little Snoopy

12-24-2013

Also, the client sometimes just goes to a black screen after champ select.

Riot, this isn't a "beta". It's an "alpha".

TheHobbes

12-28-2013

Same thing happening to me on my 6 month old MBP with 10.9. Have had 10.9 since it released but suddenly started having "Attempting to Reconnect" problems every game.