Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Attempting to Reconnect" constantly during games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mimars

Recruiter

04-25-2013

Hey forums!

I've been using the Mac client since its release (and even previously via iLOL), but I've run into some issues today that haven't occurred before. During all 3 of my PVP matches I would constantly disconnect and get an "Attempting to Reconnect" message on my screen. It was consistent during all 3 matches, happening at random times. I know it's not my internet as my PC client works fine, so I'm not sure what's causing it. Is anyone else getting this issue? Currently the game is unplayable like this.

Da Batmon

04-26-2013

I have been experiencing the exact same issue and my ping has been in the low 30's on 60 fps. This is an issue that has cost me many wins...

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-26-2013

Without even the most basic of information, there's not much we can do to help you guys. This isn't a problem that everybody is experiencing, just you

Try posting your system specs and logs (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3222596), and checking out the support site (https://support.leagueoflegends.com/) for some easy solutions related to the network or the network setup on your mac.

Mimars

Recruiter

04-27-2013

Hi Dataslave! I'll post my specs and try to find some logs for the events.

Model: Macbook Pro 6,2
Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Software: Mac OS X 10.6.8 Build 10K549

I'm a little confused about my own graphics. It lists two different ones, and I'm not sure which League utilizes.

Intel HD Graphics:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 288 MB

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB

As I played multiple games that day, I am unsure of which network log I should post. I'm just gonna attach most of them to this post as I have no idea which may be of use to you guys.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-27-2013

Since your issue isn't related to graphics, it doesn't really matter, but for future reference, LoL uses the discrete graphics card (nvidia/ati) rather than the integrated one (intel). Sometimes it uses the wrong one, but you can force it (https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/23240493-Mac-FPS-Troubleshooting)to use the correct one.

---

Some of the netlogs look fine, and some look like they're from games that never actually got started, and crashed immediately. Can you post the rest of your logs along with this?

Do the usual restart your router/modem/computer dance, just to be sure. I'd advise avoiding ranked games, and doing your tests on single player custom games until you get this figured out. Since this is a laptop, definitely bring it to somebody else's house, preferably on a different internet provider, and see if you can replicate the issue there.

A few other random questions:
1) Are you on wireless or wired?
2) What does your speedtest (http://speedtest.net/) look like?
3) Is anybody on your network doing high bandwidth tasks? (steam downloads, hulu/netflix/youtube streaming, bittorrent)
4) Do you have any security software installed (little snitch, virus checkers, third party firewalls)?
5) Is the OS firewall turned on?
6) Are you using your internet provider's default DNS settings, or have you customized them?

Katamaroll

04-30-2013

I am having the same problem in two separate locations and with two separate ISP's (Teksavvy and Shaw). I don't have this problem when I play on bootcamp with a Windows client, only on the Mac beta. Here's my logs and files from the last game I played. This has pretty much been keeping me from playing anything but custom ARAM games or bot games as the issue is so frequent that it prevents me from playing normal and ranked games.

Model: MacBookPro 10.1 (Retina, Early 2013)
Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Software: OS X 10.8.3

Graphics:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0166
Revision ID: 0x0009
gMux Version: 3.2.19 [3.2.8]

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0fd5
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3688
gMux Version: 3.2.19 [3.2.8]

Log files of last game. (https://www.dropbox.com/s/qaej0numxhu3cpq/League%20Logs.zip)
Logs from the rest of my games (https://www.dropbox.com/s/9eond6w17dv19jf/League%20Total%20Logs.zip) (happened in those too)

And to answer the questions in your most recent post,
1) Wireless (works fine on Windows and for friends using the same connection)
2) Speedtests are average for both, basically speeds are as ISP advertises
3) No
4) No
5) No
6) Default

I did see someone mention having a similar problem on Windows a while ago, and it was a result of IPV6 being enabled. No idea if that has any relevance to the problem with the Mac client right now.

Thanks.

Katamaroll

04-30-2013

New patch didn't seem to fix the issues, they still persist in all PvP games

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-30-2013

Quote:
Katamaroll:
New patch didn't seem to fix the issues, they still persist in all PvP games

There's a lot of things that could be causing it, so I'm going to try to save some time and just mention a bunch of probable issues and hope one of them helps. Sorry if some of these are obvious

While I know you've probably already done this, you may want to reboot your router/modem/computer anyways.

Since you've tried two locations, we can probably rule out your ISP blocking specific ports. Changing your DNS servers to google's (https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/23294862-Mac-Changing-to-Public-DNS-Servers) (and rebooting) couldn't hurt though.

It is remotely possible that both locations have their routers set up to open specific ports for LoL to a specific IP/MAC address. This is handled automatically lately, but some people still do it manually. If so, it means that while LoL may work ok for your bootcamp partition at home, or for your friend's lol at his house, it might not work for your mac; It could be interfering with your mac copy of LoL being able to maintain a connection. Double check this in your router's setup. Update the firmware while you're at it.

Your ping looks to be around the 90s, which (for me) is a bit high. I usually get around 10 plugged in, and 30 over wifi, quite far from the base station. Granted your ISP and physical location will affect this, but I was just curious if this means your wifi is a little weak where you're playing.

Its possible that its just failing to maintain a consistent internet connection while you're playing, and its dropping out occasionally. It working for other people or when booted into windows has little bearing on this, as the software behind the hardware is different. Simple things like a different wifi channel or mixed mode can sometimes cause an issue.

See if you can replicate the issue when wired in directly, or at the very, very least playing wirelessly next to the router. Assuming it works fine wired in directly, there are some things we can try.

Katamaroll

04-30-2013

Unfortunately I don't have a wired connection for my MacBook but a ping of 90 is pretty much average for League of Legends where I live (Southern Ontario). I have a full strength wireless connection in both locations and I have all League of Legends related ports forwarded to my Mac specifically. I haven't made any special exceptions for my friends or for when I run it in bootcamp.

I've changed my DNS settings as per that link you posted, I'll update this post with my results after a few ARAM games.

Edit: Absolutely no change, still being forced to "Attempting to Reconnect" every 5 minutes or so making PvP unplayable.

nurdles

07-28-2013

I have the same issue. I can play arams just fine, but as soon as i jump into solo Q ranked it lags out by like 3-5 seconds. i have fiber optic internet, the fastest you can buy. I am running on a laptop temporarily i7 processor with 40" samsung monitor. it is very odd because it will happen randomly. Normally I would have the client up and running playing a game + streaming 1080p twitch.tv no problems.