Petetion Riot for this mode?

YES! It sounds awesome. 21 72.41%
.....No.....I'm a sad panda. 8 27.59%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

New Game Mode! War!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZenithPredator

04-25-2013

I was thinking of having a new game mode where instead of banning 3 champs you elect a place of origin for your team and they can only use champs from that place of origin. So it would be like Shadow Isles vs. Piltover.

Now I realize there are a lot of issues with this mode of play, the 3 primary ones being that there may not be enough champs, be a poor team comp, or people on the team don't have the right champs. So based on my original idea I have a few solutions.

1. Is that instead of electing just one location you select 2, 3, or more locations since to form an alliance for this fight. There are technically 10 places of origin Noxus, Demacia, Shadow Isles, Ionia, Zaun, Piltover, Icathia(void), The wilds (NIdalee/Rengar...etc.), Freljord, and random (Kayle/Nasus come from other planets.) I may have left one or 2 out but essetially you could pick until there are none or 1 left if it an odd number. So you could have Demacia, Zaun, Shadow Isles, Icathia vs. Noxus, Piltover, Random, and Ionia.

2. The main issues with that one is how to do the elector process. So instead of any electing the teams are compromised of a set alliance already in place. For example Noxus and Demacia are already at war and I believe through recent skins its shown that Zaun is aligned with Noxus and Piltover is aligned with Demacia. Following a little more we could say the Shadow Isles would align with Noxus and Ionia with Demacia.
The obvious separation is morality so Noxus, Shadow Isles, Icathia, Zaun, Wilds vs Demacia, Ionia, Piltover, Frieljord, Random.

So this is just an idea I've been throwing around I wanna hear about any suggestions you might have or any issues you see. I haven't gotten in-depth enough to really count the champions but I do realize that some places have more than others
Also what do you think? Do you think its good enough to petition riot to make this mode?

LSA

04-25-2013

Champ balance is a problem.

But yeah sure why not.

Proxin84

04-25-2013

umm a lil late to the party http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3215351

ZenithPredator

04-25-2013

Nice I hadn't seen that.

jkgaspar4994

04-25-2013

...you forgot Freljord.

ZenithPredator

04-25-2013

Damn it! I knew it Thanks I'll edit for it.

Proxin84

04-25-2013

Quote:
Nice I hadn't seen that.
cupcake trap does a nice job of running it, and is alot of fun atleast 100+ in chatroom everynight
also https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=1 <---scoreboard if u want to c how the factions are doing before u declare for one

ZenithPredator

04-25-2013

Appreciate it Proxin.

ZenithPredator

04-25-2013

I'll check on this later.

Delimon

04-25-2013

Just make each team get like 20 picks. And they should probably be random to prevent abuse.

Also selected from the pool of camps owned. 4 From each player.