LeBlanc's viability

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MpPrime

04-24-2013

Since LeBlanc's skills are basically a single-target insta-gib, how viable is LeBlanc late game, or disregarding your teamcomp, would it be better to favor a mid with more utility such as Orianna?

Trrees

04-24-2013

I guess by picking her you're counting on the fact that you'll be fed and have roamed enough to give you and your team an advantage by mid game. But I mean, people have always disregarded as useless after she blows her combo to turn a team fight into a 5v4. It just depends on how well you can land your chains.

Even though she falls off late game in terms of contributing to team fights compared to other champions, she is viable imo. Shutting down other team's mid + roaming can win you games.

doomed2death

04-24-2013

She's really only viable in a rushed game. Her immense burst and ability to shut down most mids means that she's reliant on gaining momentum and ganking other lanes.

Afterwards, her team needs to hurry up and end the game. If they don't, her team will be met with what is essentially a 4.5 v 5. So yes, she's viable, but reliant on the ability to end a game fast by gaining momentum.

(Which means if your top is Nasus and your ADC is Vayne, you can't run this)

The Lord Mayor

04-24-2013

Leblanc is usually picked as a counterpick, meaning instead of carrying your game you are shutting down their carries. Most of the time Leblanc must get very fed mid game to be effective late game where she can safely one-shot the enemy carry.
However, hyper-late game(full builds), Leblanc is too weak since she is severely countered by warmogs/zhonyas. if leblanc can't instakill someone she becomes useless

RedHawk Shade

04-24-2013

Useless? warmogs/zhonyas counters all mages i can think of off the top of my head other than Elise and maybe Eve. She still has a decent amount of CC which includes silences and or roots. Yes her primary function is to burst people away but even if she does not she will probably still at least insta-half them or force ur carry to shift their builds.

Danica1708

04-24-2013

Warmog's/Zhonya's doesn't counter Syndra. She's got such a low cooldown Q (that does 15% more damage to champions max rank) that as long as she plays intelligently, Warmog's/Zhonya's won't counter her at all. Max CDR, her Q is on a 2.4 second cooldown. Besides, if built properly, Syndra can 1v1 almost anyone. So much cc and damage if she's played right. Warmog's isn't a counter for very high damage output mages like her.

Yes, LeBlanc is viable, I've seen her in ranked and she's always done pretty well. She is very single target focused, but because she's got such a low cooldown ult, while it is just copying one of the other abilities, helps a lot surprisingly. 16 seconds max CDR, and it's pretty useful. She's definitely a niche champion though. she's really only super useful until early late game, however, past that point, she's not useLESS. There are champions who are more useful late game, but it's not like she's nothing but a burden.