Choose Your Path - Into a World Unkown

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Virotoxic

Member

04-25-2013

A.
something about the creature stirs a rage in you're soul. it reminds you of something you hate but you can't remember what.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Birdy51

Senior Member

04-26-2013

"You shall feel the full measure of my wrath!" you cry, taking a combative stance. Power rises in your breast, lifting you beyond yourself. As you look into the eyes of your attacker, a pure form of rage envelops your soul. You are now beyond reasoning and logic. No one knocks you down and gets away with it. NO ONE.

Bill and his Eevee likewise take position. A dopey grin slides onto his face. "Hah! I knew it. There was something off about you." His brown eyes catch your own. "It is time to get to the bottom of this mystery... Eevee, use Take Down!"

His little friend obeys immediately. Fortunately, you are ready this time. You thrust out your hand, and a shockwave of pure arcane energy pulsates from your body, propelling the Eevee away from you and knocking Bill onto the ground. The Eevee sails through the air before striking the wall on the far end by the door. It struggles for a moment to get back up, only to slump back onto the ground.

You have remembered the ability to generate an Arcane Pulse, the simplest of all magical abilities. But at what cost?

The room is now wrecked due to the shockwave. The bed is overturned and the all the panes of glass on the window are now shattered. The machinery next to your bed are now entirely destroyed from being dashed against the wall behind you. A scorch mark has been formed in a circle around your body. In your weakened state, the spell has drained you of nearly all your power. There is no way you could muster another shockwave anytime soon.

However, the worst part of this all is the look you see on Bill's face. It is one of absolute terror. He edges back toward the door, cradling the Eevee in his arms. "What have you done?"

You feel sick. Nothing about this situation seems right. The world is so very, very dizzy. You have to get out of there. You do not know how, but you find yourself rushing out into the hallway. You brush past the nurse, who makes no attempts to stop you. She simply begins to attend to Bill's Eevee immediately. The pink blob creature is no longer laughing. It just stares at you with sad, confused eyes and runs to assist the nurse.

The next thing you remember is standing outside of the building. The sun is setting in the west. It is a cold night. An autumn leaf floats by. Right there in front of you, there is a path that leads into the woods. To your left, you see a house, the design of which seems strangely familiar. You can see no light source emanating from windows. From far off, you hear music being played…

Just then, you hear the sounds of violent footfalls coming from your right. You panic. They have sent for aid. The authority of this land is coming for you! In your current condition, you are in no condition to fight anyone else. Luckily, it is getting late enough that there is still enough time to run and hide before they can catch you. The darkness will cover your retreat.

How shall you respond?

A. Run into the woods. Be free amongst the fauna!
B. Break into the house. You've already committed assault and battery, so…
C. Surrender. They will find you regardless. May as well just give yourself up...

Inventory:
Unflattering Hospital Clothes

Abilities:
No mana remaining.

Arcane Pulse – Generates a forceful shockwave, using your body as a focal point. Everything in the nearby vicinity is flung outwards and away from you. Heavier things however might not move at all. This spell uses all your mana to cast.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-26-2013

B. Break into the house, and find a place to hide, sleep, and recover. If discovered by house owners, properly apologise for using their house as shelter - a fit of rage is unfortunate and temporary, but we still have class and manners.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Colonel qt

Senior Member

04-26-2013

hmm eenee meene miny - C


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shinozaki Ayumi

Senior Member

04-26-2013

B.


B is for breaking into a house, resting and eating and being comfortable and kind of reminds me of the Underground Railroad, except pokemon and LoL.. and sort of unwelcome.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ă€sk Kayle

Senior Member

04-26-2013

B

This adventure isn't going to be ending now and the woods is a dangerous place!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Birdy51

Senior Member

04-27-2013

You make your decision. The woods are not safe, and you have absolutely no intention of giving yourself up just yet. The house is the only option. It takes you only a few seconds to reach the front door. Someone had left in unlocked, so slip inside quietly. For a few anxious minutes, you listen. Nothing.

You are safe. For now.

The grey orb of the moon has taken the place of the sun in the sky. By the light of the moon, you are able to examine the surroundings. Your eyes perform a quick sweep of the room. It is the epitome of Spartan living conditions. The only pieces of furniture you see is a dining set, a few bookshelves, and a small radio in the corner. On the table, there is a small dish of rice balls. It is at this time, you realize that have not ate anything for a particularly long period of time.

You make your way to the table and remove one from the dish. Rolling it softly in your hands, you close your eyes and take deep breaths. The calm of the night eases your racing mind. You are no longer on Runterra. Creatures here are called Pokémon. Your memory is spotty at best. You have but one consolation. At least you have food. The rice balls look delicious. Taking up the one in your hand, you prepare to make take a bite. Then you hear it.

“Drea-hoo…”

The sound makes you hit the deck. You crouch low, clutching the rice ball close to your chest. The beating of your heart pounds in your head as your strained ears tries to find the source of the noise. You perform a quick scan of the room. All is quiet. All is calm. Just the same old dining set, bookshelves, and the small radio in the corner. Nothing more, nothing less. However, there is the unmistakable feeling of dread. You are being watched.

“DREAAAAAA!!”

Something is pulling at your hair! You lunge forward, ramming your head into the table on accident and hurting yourself. The rice ball in your hand flies into the darkness. You turn yourself around to face your assailant. In the dead of the night, a pair of yellow and red eyes watches you, the rest of its form disguised by shadows. It takes all of your effort not to scream in terror. You swipe at these eyes, but to your horror, your hand passes straight through. The creature looms above you, screeching with dark joy.

“Drea! DREAAAA!!!”

Fear grips your heart. You attempt to escape from the creature, but it backs into the corner by the radio, blocking your escape. The eyes glow a light-blue in the night, their gaze pinning you down. There is no escape. You close your eyes. The journey ends here. It’s all over…IT’S ALL OVER!

“Amoline, leave that woman alone! That is no way to treat our honored guest.” A voice calls out. Out of the corner of you eye, you spy the figure of an elderly man wearing a robe of blue and black. He is bald, but he has a scraggly white beard that stretches down to the middle of his chest. His face and hands are visibly wrinkled, even from your position at the far end of the room. You hear a soft *click*. The room is immediately bathed in light.

In the light, you are now able to see your tormenter. Hovering in the air is what appears to be a dark, floating head with a necklace of red spheres. It giggles and flies through the wall above you, wandering off into the night.

“I hope my Misdreavus didn’t frighten you too much… She can be quite a naughty one when she wants to be!” the old man says. You rise slowly. The old man looks in your direction, but does not quite focus upon you. His eyes are a pure white. The man is blind. “Sit down my dear! Join me at my table. Have some rice, my son made them for me!”

“T-thank you…” You mutter. You are still very shaken by the turn of events. The presence of the old man is unnerving. He gives off an aura of wisdom and respect. With a shaking hand, you eat one of the rice balls. It tastes like home… Wherever that is.

The old man fumbles for a chair, most of which were knocked over in your panic. Out of politeness, you grab one for him and present it to him. He smiles, revealing a set of broken and aging teeth. “I was not expecting any guests tonight, but it is a hollowed tradition of this land that we welcome anyone into our homes.” He reaches out to the table, his hands searching for the rice balls. You push the dish closer to assist his search. “Ah! There they are!”

However, before you can move your hand away, he snatches your hand with a grip of iron. His face goes dark. You dare not resist or try to pull away. After a few moments, he releases your hand. Reclining, he strokes his beard ominously. “I see… You have suffered much in your life. Your spirit is that of one that has been tempered in fire. But now you are lost and confused, and in a foreign land…” He shakes his head rapidly, breaking from his trance. “Forgive me my dear. I have forgotten to introduce myself. My name is Mortimer.”

“My name is Alaka.” You reply. The food is doing wonders for you, giving you energy. Outside, you hear the fluttering of birds on rooftops.

“For now it is. Alaka is the name you have given yourself, but you will remember your own name in good time. Right now you are lost and confused, so I will do my best I can to help you.” The old man laughs, taking up a rice ball and plunking into his mouth. “I am a both a sage and a seer. I know certain things from experience my dear. You are also not the first to have visited me today. The first was a young man, a blonde headed fool in search of adventure. The second was much older had the aspect of a leader. He had a bit of a limp if I recall. They both left this town some time ago, each heading in different directions. They might be able to help your remember who you are if you can find them.” He folds his hands across his chest, and he goes into deep thought.

“Then again, there are some things a person should discover on their own… While they might be able to tell you who you are, there might be more worth in remembering who you are through a more… personal experience. If I may recommend something my dear, I suggest waking up early so that that you climb the Bell Tower here in Ecruteak and watch the sunrise. The decision is yours. I’ll go over to the Pokémon Center tomorrow morning and clear up any trouble you may have caused. For tonight, I insist that you stay here.”

“Thank you…” You reply. Your eyes are growing heavier by the minute. You need sleep. Without a word or request, Mortimer draws out a pair bedrolls from a compartment beneath his bookshelves.

“One of these rolls used to be my son’s, but he’s all grown up now and doesn’t live here. You can keep it if you like. I’ll wake up before the sun rises so you can make your decision.” Handing you the bed roll, make a spot for yourself on the ground. The sage feels his way across to the door and switches off the light. As darkness returns to the house, you spy the yellow and red eyes of Amoline. They scrutinize you intently before disappearing into the night.

As you close your eyes, you wonder what is to be your fate… Tomorrow the adventure will continue in earnest.

What to do…

A.Ask the sage about the blonde young man. He sounds familiar to you…
B.Ask the sage about the man with the limp, and try to track him down. He has to know something.
C.Climb the Bell Tower and watch the sunrise. You could use something to calm yourself down anways…
D.Other ideas?

Inventory:
Unflattering Hospital Clothes
A bedroll

Abilities:
You will be refreshed in the morning with full mana.

Arcane Pulse – Generates a forceful shockwave, using your body as a focal point. Everything in the nearby vicinity is flung outwards and away from you. Heavier things however might not move at all. This spell uses all your mana to cast.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-27-2013

A. We ask the sage about that blonde person, BUT since that person is also a young man, we should first find better clothes than... well, whatever that is. If that counts as a separate choice, then it's D.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ă€sk Kayle

Senior Member

04-27-2013

D

Ask the man for information about this land and these Pokemon.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shinozaki Ayumi

Senior Member

04-27-2013

D...and B?

D is for asking the guy if anything else is going on in this world, because you came in here from a malfunction, there is possibly some malfunctions in the world going on from what happened too. *Shrug*

If not, B. That guy could tell you where you're going.