Choose Your Path - Into a World Unkown

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Birdy51

Senior Member

04-24-2013

Quote:
Hello! It is I, Birdy51!

It is has been quite sometime since I have been in this forum, but I wanted to try something different and this seems to be the best place to go! This is my first "Choose Your Path" style adventure, and I plan on making it as interesting as possible.

The concept is simple: You will walk in the footsteps of a champion as he or she traverses a world that of which the likes Runeterra has never seen... A different world.

Our dear champion suffer from amnesia and delusional episodes, their abilities either lost or forgotten. It is your duty to guide our dear champion to victory over any challenges that await and eventually find a way back to Runeterra where you belong.

At the end of each post, you shall be given a series choices. Choose whichever choice that you want our champion to take. If none of the choices there satisfy you, feel free to suggest any other ideas at any time. If the idea is popular enough, it will supercede the choices I have given you. The only thing I ask is that you bear the Summoner's Code in mind and keep it PG.

Beyond that, let the adventure begin!
"Victory!"

The sounds of celebration in the summoning chambers strike the summoner's ear like a mallet, but he eeks out a smile. Complete and utter victory. It is a sweet and beautiful delight.

"Thank you for aid. I'll be sending you back shortly." One of the summoner say, holding both of his palms over his summoning sphere. Closing his eyes, he intones a simple incantation, one that he had rehearsed over and over for almost his entire life. Then all hell breaks loose.

His summoning sphere contracts and contorts violently. A hissing, crackling noise fills the air, akin to the sounds of fire works. The summoner tears his hands away and falls backwards, but not before his fingers are singed terribly by coursing arcane energy. He cries out in pain, as does the champion he had summoned. His incantation of recalling has taken a horrifying turn for the worse. Other summoners quickly abandon their stations to control the malfunctioning spell, but it is far to late.

The magical singularity sparks a chain reaction, as the other four spheres begin to react violently in turn. Ten voices cry out, their voices echoing into silence. At once, the summoning spheres explode, shattering the link of summoner and champion. On the Fields of Justice, several miles away from the summoning chambers, only scorch marks remain where champions once stood.





You have a migraine. A terrible, terrible migraine. Your eyes flutter violently, as they attempt to make sense of a very bright, warm, and fuzzy world.

"Bill, get the nurse! She's coming to!" A hand reachs out and grabs your hand, squeezing it tightly. Even in your dazed and confused state, you make out the vague outline of a man's face. His eyes seems to stare into your soul as he asks you a deep and profound question.


"Are you a boy or a girl?"

How shall you respond?

A. Boy. You are a manly fellow.
B. Girl. You are a pretty princess.
C. Neither. You are Voidborn. This man just needs new glasses and is obviously delusional.


Inventory:


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aya Shameimaruu

Senior Member

04-24-2013

B

im a pretty pretty princess!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-25-2013

B. How rude of him not noticing that, clearly he needs new glasses and is obviously delusional.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Birdy51

Senior Member

04-25-2013

You quickly become justly offended by this man's commnent. How dare he insult you by implying that you are anything but a woman! A very pretty woman to boot! You lunge forward to give this person a piece of your mind, only to forget your terrifying migraines. After letting out a groan, you slide into the back of your bed. Wait, there is bed? The world suddenly seems a bit more fuzzy as you fade in and out.

"Professor... Please allow me to handle this kind of situation. This woman needs time to recover before we start asking her questions." She hands you a small cup of what smells like tea."It is for the pain." She says. Reluctanctly, you drink it down. It tastes bitter, but you begin to see and hear the world with more clarity as the migraine subsides.

The man mutters something intelligible under his breath and turns away from you. "Bill will join me outside for a second?" As he walks away, grabbing a nearby figure with him. While they are all distracted, you attempt a quick to get a better look of your surroundings. You are in a hospital room, and to make matters worse you are clothed in an unflattering cotten dress. You will never look like a pretty princess wearing that!

Staring off to the right, you spy a young pink-headed woman in a white. She hums silently as she goes about her paper work, adjusting dials on various fancy looking machines. A bulbous and obnoxiously pink thing stands next to her, staring intently at you with beady eyes. To your left, there is a soft, crisp breeze wafting in.

Too bad you cannot enjoy it. From across the room, your headache briefly irritated by the outburst of conversation. "Bill... Run this by me one more time... How did she end up in the Link machine?" The first voice said, speaking in a vaguely annoyed tone. You recognize it to be that of your mysterious, yet obviously delusional "Professor".

"We've been through this several times now... I was working on improving the speed of the transfer system over the global link. There was an unexpected power surge, which overloaded the machine. I passed out after that... When I came to, we found her sprawled out unconcious in the middle of the wreckage. A few small birds were pecking at her but we shooed them off."

"Are you certain?"

"Yes! "

" Hmm... the link system is not designed to transfer women-"

"I realize that Professor..."

"-and she is obviously not a Pokemon. That places her out of my jurisdiction as a professor. Bill, I want you to get your system up and running again and get this woman back to where she belongs. You caused this problem, and you are going to fix it."

"Understood..."

"Good. Nurse, keep an eye on her. Now, if you will excuse me, I have to pay a visit to the Pokemon League. The Champion needs to know what exactly is going on here." The Professor glances over at the bed one last time, before handing Bill a brown paper package.

"When she's ready, give this to her. I have a feeling she'll need it."

Bill nods solemnly. "I will."

"Good. Now, Spearow use fly!" In a flash the professor produces a red-white sphere, which in turn produces a small chicken sized bird with a sharp litle beak. Much to your immediate alarm, they rush out together by the left side of your bed and soar out the open window. He cackles gleefully, grabbing the bird by the talons while it somehow manages to stay completely airborne. Together they fly off into the distance, before fading from view entirely.

"Forgive him..." Bill said. His form becomes clearer. His figure reminds of someone who might be well suited for life in Piltover. "The professor has been getting more and more senile as he gets older. He's still an expert on the subject of Pokemon though." He shakes his head rapidly.

"Anyways, my name is Bill. I am the creator the Pokemon Storage and the designer of the Global Link system? What is your name?

...A good question. You struggle to recall your name. For expedience, you decide to make up a name on the spot.

What is it?

Your name is...


Inventory:
Unflattering Hospital Clothes


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-25-2013

Alaka.

Alaka Zam.




...What? It's a fitting name for a girl from Valoran...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Birdy51

Senior Member

04-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Eredale View Post
Alaka.

Alaka Zam.




...What? It's a fitting name for a girl from Valoran...
I can dig it. O.o


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ricci15

Senior Member

04-25-2013

O.o pokemon world huh....oh this should be interesting....no name vote for me


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Birdy51

Senior Member

04-25-2013

"Call me Alaka. Alaka Zam." You say, sitting up in your bed. "Now tell me where I am."

Both the nurse and Bill take nervous steps backwards. The pink blob-like creature seems to be giggling at your bravado. In return, you shoot give it a dark piercing glare. Unfortunately, this only amuses the creature further.

Meanwhile the nurse edges over to Bill, nudging him gently, pushing him back toward the foot of your bed. "I'll leave you two in private..." She turns upon her heels and head towards the door. The pink blob monster follows her out excitedly, its rotund form wobbling.

"Don't leave me here. Don't leave me with this woman!" Bill says, obviously beginning to panic. The pink creature laughs at this as well, and slams the door shut. Having seen enough of this clown show, you get out of the bed. The tea that the nurse had given you was quite effective at restoring your senses.


You are now free to wander the world with your newfound abilities to walk again! Congratulations!


Bill on the other hand is less than impressed. He paces back and forth, rolling his fingers through his hair. After a few moments of this he stops, jabbing his finger at you. "Wait… So if you are a Pokémon... How would you react if I do THIS?"

He thrusts his hands into his pockets, retrieving a shiny red and white sphere, the same kind the Professor used. "Go! Eevee!" A shining white light blinds you as a tiny animal slams into you, throwing you both onto the ground. The migraines return.

"That’s good, come back!" The creature bounces off of your stomach, bounding back toward Bill, nuzzling its face against his leg. It is a small brown creature, with a fluffy little mane of cream-colored fur. It's tiny little eyes would look adorable if the creature wasn't hell-bent on destroying you. Both Bill and his tiny friend stare menacingly at you, as you struggle to get back up.

Glancing about the room, you see that the window beside you is still wide open. You are on the third story. Jumping from such a height would hurt, but it is unlikely to hurt you badly. The only other exit is blocked by Bill and his strange little friend. You could try reasoning with him...

Then, from deep within, you begin to feel a power, a force stirring. The source of this power is foreign to you... You've never known this kind of sensation for as long as you remember. Then again, you've only just woken up and are possibly suffering from amnesia. You could have had this power your entire life, but you have just now conveniently forgotten about it. However, you have no idea what form this "power" will take...

Regardless Bill isn't going to wait. How do you react?

A. Fight! You've faced worse. Bill shall not defeat you!
B. Flee! Discretion is the better part of valor!
C. Reason! Because talking to people is underated!

Inventory
Unflattering Hospital Clothes


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Colonel qt

Senior Member

04-25-2013

C obviously


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aya Shameimaruu

Senior Member

04-25-2013

A.

A woman dont need no Reason. Reasoning is for little children.


12345 ... 6