The "Blue Ezreal" Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FalconPawwwwnch

04-24-2013

What conditions does this work in? I don't wanna say this works in every game situations, but which cases would it actually work under?

Poisonpowder

04-24-2013

Works if you can farm well/get ahead early.
Doesn't work well if you're behind.

Nightlivia

04-24-2013

Poke/disengage comps.

Jayce top, Lux mid, Janna/Ez bot lane. that'd be perfect for this build.

Minishmaster

04-24-2013

The build relies on the enemy team having absolutely no gap closers, because once an actual fight starts your damage is minimal.

Jynxed

04-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minishmaster View Post
The build relies on the enemy team having absolutely no gap closers, because once an actual fight starts your damage is minimal.
This isn't actually true... I've played this build extensively, to the point where it's given me a pentakill and the ability to 1v5 the entire enemy team. With 40% CDR and spamming Q you can E about every 4 seconds, meaning gap closers do little to you.

It's not an auto attack build, you have to know how to play it. With muramana activated I could kill the enemy ADC in 3 Qs, which is about 1 Q a second. Add in ult + E and it's more ridiculous than that.

The late game power of this build is completely absurd and it doesn't matter how many gap closers they have at all.

Raistyn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncendiaCarnifex View Post
This isn't actually true... I've played this build extensively, to the point where it's given me a pentakill and the ability to 1v5 the entire enemy team. With 40% CDR and spamming Q you can E about every 4 seconds, meaning gap closers do little to you.

It's not an auto attack build, you have to know how to play it. With muramana activated I could kill the enemy ADC in 3 Qs, which is about 1 Q a second. Add in ult + E and it's more ridiculous than that.

The late game power of this build is completely absurd and it doesn't matter how many gap closers they have at all.

I'm gonna agree, I haven't brought to ranked yet (to be solved in the next day or so) but I have quite a lot of fortune with this build

Sir Grendel

04-25-2013

It works best for poke teams with good disengage so teams with jayce, trundle, lux, nidalee, etc etc can make a lot of use from Blue build ez. But its not a bad build in general just be mindful of your team comp, sometimes its better to go with a earlier damage build.

But yeah late game this build has obscene power to work with.

Jynxed

04-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistyn View Post
I'm gonna agree, I haven't brought to ranked yet (to be solved in the next day or so) but I have quite a lot of fortune with this build
I've been having a lot of success with the following build path:

Start Longsword + 2 Pots
Rush Sotel (It's laning advantage is huge.)
Next buy Boots + Tear
CDR Boots
Stattik Shiv (I know it's not blue.. but it's absolutely amazing in this build)
Manamune
Iceborn Gauntlet
Last Whisper

So far, I haven't had to build and defensive items other than Iceborn because no one can catch you. Sometimes I will also build the Sheen from IBG before I finish manamune depending on if I need the extra damage from Manamune or not.

BigBananaBoat

04-25-2013

You dont need to have a poke comp to make this build work, its more about survivability for yourself only with the CD on your E and the slows from AAs/Qs. It wont put out as much raw DPS as a full build vayne, but it gives you incredible survivability and still high damage. Thats really the strength of it, simply the fact that after a few items you become pretty much untouchable.

aKa Bad BoY

04-25-2013

Did it in ranked, amazing results

the sad thing is you have to deal with teammates flaming you for nontradiitonal build -> even though u r 7-1