How do I survive a Vayne vs. Caitlyn lane?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MigeruX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2013

Get a Leona

Setrack

04-24-2013

swap with your top laner

Smeckledorf

04-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Crusaire View Post
early blade is so bad, you do no damage compared to someone who went BT or cutlass to IE.
I don't necessarily agree, cutlass+IE is quite a bit more expensive than BotRK on its own.
You are comparing 5200 gold in items to 3200. You are ignoring a solid 2k gold in this scenario. Let's also look at the fact that early blade gives you nice usable and a lot of sustain. I would think that BotRK+BF Sword is a tiny bit closer to comparison in terms of gold, and I don't know if it's black and white that IE+cutlass is better.
You need to keep a bit more of an open mind, IMO.

Irisaurus Rex

04-24-2013

caitlyn is the worst champ in the game now

Terrornaut

04-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerglingOne View Post
If you're blue, take golems -every- time they're up.

Anyone that says "have your jungle gank" does not understand how difficult it really is to gank even an overextended Caitlyn if she knows what she's doing.

If she's using her headshot on you every time it's up, treat it like Annie's stun. Her hands glow and it plays a very obvious animation when it comes up.

Every time she goes to farm a CS and your Tumble is up, Tumble and peg her with it. This can get dangerous sometimes, but if you do it right, you'll get minimal retaliation, and you should gain her respect rather quickly.

Learn how to farm effectively under your turret if you can't already. Vayne is actually pretty good at this with Tumble and Condemn, assuming you have around +25 AD from items, runes, and masteries.

If you have similar health, Cleanse, Flash, all of your abilities off CD and enough mana to use them, do not be afraid to all-in her at level 6 (or 7 for the level 4 tumble). That +25 AD and what...60? move speed more than makes up for the range difference, and if you have a hard CC support, she should likely die.

Playing against Caitlyn as Vayne -REALLY- does suck, and you're probably going to at best break even in lane in an even skill match up, but you will romp her late game as long as you manage to get there.
I normally wouldn't quote something this long but...thanks for this. Didn't actually realize her hands glowed also.

zona12

05-19-2013

im having alot of trouble and i cant beat her
i must know how to crush her, outlane her and out play her without relying on support in ranked.

regularguy3

03-16-2014

I completely failed so I switched with top lane who was doing well ( I was desperate as hell)

epicz753

03-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Article View Post
Against Draven? Play Ashe.

Her slows wreck the **** out of him.
naw urgot
Once u get tear use e wherever his axe will land and u get some lock on missiles

Aumador

03-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Crusaire View Post
everyone is having a hard time vs cait atm....
i never have a problem tbh but it comes down to skill level and practice to know the match ups and trades at each level as well as having a good set up honestly.

Zeusy x Rias

03-16-2014

basically gotta learn to manage wave with your support and get autos in when she has to cs, also need support to make sure they push with you to keep you off the tower. If you get under tower itll be hard to get out. Traps/peacemakers/autos is too much while csing.. Tumble to dodge peacemakers and NEVER take free harass. If you take free harass for no reason you are throwing lane hard. You have to play on point vs cait and draven.