How do I survive a Vayne vs. Caitlyn lane?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knightmahre

04-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Crusaire View Post
everyone is having a hard time vs cait atm....
Varus.
'Nuff said

Smcl

04-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxiere View Post
I have played against various adc's with Vayne- but it seems I'm always having a hard time beating a Caitlyn and Draven.

I know bot lane is support driven and jungle- but I really don't like being a sitting duck doing nothing but farm and get poked to death. When I duobot with my friend, he usually goes Nami, Sona, and maybe Taric. Which support is best against them and for Vayne too?

Any tip would be lovely.
Get a Taric support. Leona would be better if your friend is actually good at her. The second she goes by a wall have Taric stun her, then condemn her into a wall. You basically have to 1. Not take harass.
2. Get into range without her getting free hits.
3. Use your cc advantage.

I've also found that I like taking barrier against Cait.

Riot Uracan

Player Support Manager - Latin America

04-24-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smcl View Post
Get a Taric support. Leona would be better if your friend is actually good at her. The second she goes by a wall have Taric stun her, then condemn her into a wall. You basically have to 1. Not take harass.
2. Get into range without her getting free hits.
3. Use your cc advantage.

I've also found that I like taking barrier against Cait.
Seconded. All in supports to help set up condemns make this lane. Granted enemy support will make a big difference as well. If you can time it to a point where you burn Cait's Q cooldown you'll have an edge.

I dig grabbing an early Cutlass into Blade, but that's just me.

anding

04-24-2013

i do play cait and i'd think any support with cc could beat her, like Leona, Blitz, etc etc

Takerial

04-24-2013

You're not going to win the lane against a Cait that knows what they are doing without some serious jungle support or a lot of outplaying.

But that doesn't mean you have to lose the lane completely either.

As Vayne against a Cait, you just need to keep your farm up. As long as you make sure you don't outright fall behind Cait you will start to outdamage her as the game goes on.

Dragonease

04-24-2013

Go ham at level 6

NorDicUn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2013

farm and destroy her at mid/late game

TommydaBoss

04-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorDicUn View Post
farm and destroy her at mid/late game
this is one of the dumbest things ive ever heard.

Lets be honest here if you are of equal skill lets say doublelifts vayne playing doublelifts cait, the cait stomps vayne its how counters work, only other thing to do is hope they take ur tower and ur team is strong enough to hold out 4v5 as they roam lol

Vanist

04-24-2013

you dont

Nick Crusaire

04-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Uracan View Post
Seconded. All in supports to help set up condemns make this lane. Granted enemy support will make a big difference as well. If you can time it to a point where you burn Cait's Q cooldown you'll have an edge.

I dig grabbing an early Cutlass into Blade, but that's just me.
early blade is so bad, you do no damage compared to someone who went BT or cutlass to IE.