Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AD Thresh OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tropic

04-23-2013

Thresh needs to be nerfed, this recent game past he was 1-2 shotting everyone, he was AD adc

Shockforce

04-23-2013

So fun.

I had him with 300 base ad doing ~700 extra magic damage.

Alternately you can give him ap and give him a lichbane and he still hits hard.

Best Karma Ionia

04-23-2013

Interestingly, a thresh with JUST a BOTRK and Dorans blade killed our fed Vi in under 3 seconds at her tower. No idea how it happened.

Kiss The Wounded

04-24-2013

:-> I'm not really sure I agree with the concept of a pseudo-ADC being over-powered. Don't get me wrong, if Thresh gets strong early he can deal some very good damage.. but from my experience that damage is a one-trick pony deal. He gets a great big burst, perhaps even CCs you a little bit so his support can get some free damage in, but after that initial burst his damage falls off. My best advice if you are having problems is to communicate with your team and get your jungler to camp the lane. Personally, I've tried ADC Thresh a few times, he seems intimidating and running away after that first hit is EXACTLY what an ADC Thresh wants you to do.

SunshineAndSpite

04-24-2013

ADC Thresh is really more of a gimmick than a threat. It's really fun, but he has too many weaknesses to be really viable. He has a shorter range than any adc, he gains no MR per level, and his Death Sentence takes long enough to charge that only the first hit does major damage. He doesn't get really dangerous until he collects 150+ souls and that can take a while.

He can still chunk the **** out of people and out-duel most squishies, but his team fight presence is weak and he's not that hard to shut down.

67chrome

04-24-2013

Any champion that builds ADC can more or less 2-3 shot squishies given enough items, you can also solo Baron Nashor. Consider Ashe has no attack-damage steroids outside of her questionably useful passive and terrible base AD and she's still considered a carry.

The ability to kill things fast isn't impressive when you itemize to kill things fast.

Quote:
First Eradicator:
ADC Thresh is really more of a gimmick than a threat. It's really fun, but he has too many weaknesses to be really viable. He has a shorter range than any adc, he gains no MR per level, and his Death Sentence takes long enough to charge that only the first hit does major damage. He doesn't get really dangerous until he collects 150+ souls and that can take a while.

He can still chunk the **** out of people and out-duel most squishies, but his team fight presence is weak and he's not that hard to shut down.

Tryndamere, Fiora, Master Yi, and Gangplank actually have shorter range.

And most ranged units don't get MR per level. I'm pretty sure none of them actually get MR per level now - Nidalee and Kayle used to be it. So the only ADCs that get MR per level are Tryndamere, Fiora, Master Yi, and Gangplank again.

With how unviable Tryndamere, Fiora, Master Yi, and Gangplank are the "short range is bad" point still stands though. Also, with how amazing of a support Thresh can be playing him as a sub-optimal carry seems like kind of a waste.

SunshineAndSpite

04-24-2013

Quote:
67chrome:

Tryndamere, Fiora, Master Yi, and Gangplank actually have shorter range.

And most ranged units don't get MR per level. I'm pretty sure none of them actually get MR per level now - Nidalee and Kayle used to be it. So the only ADCs that get MR per level are Tryndamere, Fiora, Master Yi, and Gangplank again.

With how unviable Tryndamere, Fiora, Master Yi, and Gangplank are the "short range is bad" point still stands though. Also, with how amazing of a support Thresh can be playing him as a sub-optimal carry seems like kind of a waste.

I guess I should have specified "ranged adc". Pretty much all of the standard picks have 550+ range, where Thresh has 475.

You are right about the MR per level though, that was my mistake.

3mptylord

04-24-2013

I'm glad he's getting more recognition as an ADC, although fear the nerf hammer that usually follows popularity. Assuming I can get better at landing Flay, next patches changes are gonna buff ADC Thresh. ^_^

Also, people need to get over attack range differences between AD carries. Quinn, Urgot, Graves and Thresh all have below average attack range, and all are very viable. Most have a slightly lower attack range to compensate their kit - above average kit and below average range versus average kit and average range.

Basil Ali

04-24-2013

Quote:
3mptylord:
I'm glad he's getting more recognition as an ADC, although fear the nerf hammer that usually follows popularity. Assuming I can get better at landing Flay, next patches changes are gonna buff ADC Thresh. ^_^

Also, people need to get over attack range differences between AD carries. Quinn, Urgot, Graves and Thresh all have below average attack range, and all are very viable. Most have a slightly lower attack range to compensate their kit - above average kit and below average range versus average kit and average range.

Graves has a dash, Thresh needs to grab something to dash in. ADC Thresh is not a good champion to play against smart people because it's easy to harass him and poke him in lane. His range is short, so you can kite all day long. I can do it with even Teemo for god sakes.

Thief of Space

04-24-2013

Quote:
Basil Ali:
Graves has a dash, Thresh needs to grab something to dash in. ADC Thresh is not a good champion to play against smart people because it's easy to harass him and poke him in lane. His range is short, so you can kite all day long. I can do it with even Teemo for god sakes.

ZING! The correct answer to AD Thresh.

Its a gimmick build that only works in bronze 5-3, Even AD Janna can pull off more plays with her AD shield.

Thresh also gets literally almost no attack speed per level which makes it even worse.