Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can Akali have her glowy hands back?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caítlyn

04-26-2013

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
i followed up on this, and the removal was intentional (for reasons similar to what you mentioned). after speaking with some of the artists and the developer that made the change, we've decided to add them back—i'll have the change up on the pbe with one of the next couple updates—basically our sentiments are that while the style is likely not something we'd make today, and we'd like them to have more gameplay significance, those are opportunities that would best be tackled in a visual update for akali. in the meantime, we've decided that since akali has had those particles for nearly 3 years, it's fine for her to hang onto them for a bit longer until the relaunch team turns their eye onto her (which could be a long time out).

tl;dr - they were removed on purpose, but after talking about it we're going to keep them until we can update akali's visuals as a whole.

OMG ricklessabandon favorite rioter 4ever <333 thanksss xDDD

Majin Bl3u

04-26-2013

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
i followed up on this, and the removal was intentional (for reasons similar to what you mentioned). after speaking with some of the artists and the developer that made the change, we've decided to add them back—i'll have the change up on the pbe with one of the next couple updates—basically our sentiments are that while the style is likely not something we'd make today, and we'd like them to have more gameplay significance, those are opportunities that would best be tackled in a visual update for akali. in the meantime, we've decided that since akali has had those particles for nearly 3 years, it's fine for her to hang onto them for a bit longer until the relaunch team turns their eye onto her (which could be a long time out).

tl;dr - they were removed on purpose, but after talking about it we're going to keep them until we can update akali's visuals as a whole.

Ricklessabandon strikes again! Awesome! I missed the glowing hands!

YuriSeele

04-26-2013

bump

retratseR

04-26-2013

Yay it's back open! Thanks ricklessabandon. Mainly for explaining.

Johnny Six Arms

04-26-2013

good guy rickless

NegaStoat

04-26-2013

Quote:
ricklessabandon:

Honestly, thanks. This is one of those things where changing it back keeps the fans happy with the visuals they are used to. It also tosses up a small bit of nostalgia as the game goes forward where a new player might ask "glowing hands?" and an older player would know what it was for, and when the champion changed happened.

Caítlyn

04-26-2013

Quote:
ricklessabandon:

Any ideas when Akali is getting a visual update? Im going to guess that is low priority.

BaII

04-26-2013

Bump

Shattered Exile

Recruiter

04-26-2013

Can you make it so they are different colors in Colorblind mode too?

Caítlyn

04-26-2013

Quote:
Seven Wonders:
Can you make it so they are different colors in Colorblind mode too?

Hey I just finished watching the episode where your avatar is from.