Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can Akali have her glowy hands back?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterEvilAce

04-26-2013

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
i don't believe this was done intentionally along with mechanical change to her passive. i have a quick fix for this ready (that would add the sparkles back in), but i want to chat with the folks that made the change originally just to make sure it wasn't intentional. if the change was intentional, i'll have to talk to a few artists and see what we want to do going forward.

thanks for bringing this up!

Why not just have the sparkle show if she has any "Essence of Shadow"s ready? Basically an indicator of her ultimate.

ArlanKels

04-26-2013

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
i don't believe this was done intentionally along with mechanical change to her passive. i have a quick fix for this ready (that would add the sparkles back in), but i want to chat with the folks that made the change originally just to make sure it wasn't intentional. if the change was intentional, i'll have to talk to a few artists and see what we want to do going forward.

I hope it comes back, I rather liked having the sparklies on her hands. It'd be nice if there was a sort of intensity based on how much of a bonus you have, or perhaps an increase in sparkly width/radius/whatever.

That way, at a glance, you can tell "That Akali has a lot of innate spellvamp from her passive" or what have you.

Caítlyn

04-26-2013

Quote:
ricklessabandon:

Yay! My favorite rioter hehehe <3

AlternateJ

04-26-2013

Forget sparkles, I sincerely think that Akali needs some visual tuning/update. Her base skin is really bland and she could definitely do with one. Maybe that will help her popularity after Riot nerfed her early game into the ground

iainB85

04-26-2013

As it's been said before, I am sure it was removed because originally it indicated which of her Twin passives were active. Now they are always active, so the visual indicator is not needed.

That being said, I could care less whether they are there or not so if people are going to make a big stink why not put them back in.

Sir Banners

04-26-2013

please bring back her glowy hands

NorDicUn

04-26-2013

Quote:
Caítlyn:
This is the biggest nerf to Akali. She used to have pretty sparkly hands and now they are gone without explanation. That would be like if you removed Udyrs Tiger Stance working on turrets for no reason...ohwait

This is what her pretty sparkly hands used to look like

And this is poor Akali now

Please give our cute ninja girl her glowy hands again. Akali players miss it.

Upvotes without bumps are punishable! :<

u betch, how dare u to talk about akali, when u were one of the trolls posting threads talking shyt about that akali was "OP" and now u re posting this? are u high or something?

Endertome

04-26-2013

Huh. I thought the glowing hands from Akali's passive were removed since they served no purpose if her passive was going to be up from the start. Kinda, consolidating/removing needless model clutter.

If it wasn't intentional, though, that's interesting.

Caítlyn

04-26-2013

Quote:
Endertome:
they served no purpose

Being pretty and sparkly is a purpose

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

04-26-2013

Quote:
Endertome:
Huh. I thought the glowing hands from Akali's passive were removed since they served no purpose if her passive was going to be up from the start. Kinda, consolidating/removing needless model clutter.

If it wasn't intentional, though, that's interesting.

i followed up on this, and the removal was intentional (for reasons similar to what you mentioned). after speaking with some of the artists and the developer that made the change, we've decided to add them back—i'll have the change up on the pbe with one of the next couple updates—basically our sentiments are that while the style is likely not something we'd make today, and we'd like them to have more gameplay significance, those are opportunities that would best be tackled in a visual update for akali. in the meantime, we've decided that since akali has had those particles for nearly 3 years, it's fine for her to hang onto them for a bit longer until the relaunch team turns their eye onto her (which could be a long time out).

tl;dr - they were removed on purpose, but after talking about it we're going to keep them until we can update akali's visuals as a whole.