Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Community: "Buff Fiora" / Riot: "Sorry, too busy!"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MuthaFukkaBeast

05-04-2013

i main fiora top and i really would like a buff but then everyone will play her and she will lose her uniqueness, just like what has happened to lux

Drogmyre

05-04-2013

Quote:
Morello:
Basically some items, but also play patterns that tend to have more escape potential or upfront burst. It'd make them more "assassin-y".

Melee ADC's are binary and unbalanceable not because theyre Melee ADC's, but because of how their kit functions.

Yi has a resetting ult, an E that gives him free AD, and 2 AP stacking abilities that people have been crying about for awhile. He's actually better AP than AD. One of these AP abilities is a gap closer, the other is a heal.

Tryn has invulnerability which also gives him free crit, a Q that gives him free heals and AD based on how low his HP is (and his heal is based on rage), and he has a slow and a spin.

Fiora has a free AD W that also repulses 1 auto attack. She has a gap closer, that's usable twice. She has an AS steroid that resets. And her ult allows her to do massive damage while untargetable.

All 3 champs share common factors: Gap closers (required for Melee ADCs) Some form of survivability (heals for tryn and yi, speed, AA repulse, and Untargetability for fiora.) And a moderate to huge AD bonus from one of their abilities.

The AD bonus makes those abilities pretty much requirements to level up, rather than taking ranks in their heal/survive abilites, or their poke, or something else. For the first 9 levels, they almost HAVE to take that AD bonus.

Their gap closers are one point wonders (if you're AD)
(Tryn actually gets a benefit from taking multiple ranks of his gap closer, as it does massive damage on top of spinning through walls and towards enemies.)

The survivability is why fiora is having such a hard time. She doesn't have a free heal like the other two i've mentioned. She has her survivability tied to her ult and to her W which also functions as her AD bonus. So increasing the utility on W just digs her into a deeper pit, and she still will have problems. Tryn and Yi can beat people up and go heal. Fiora has to completely avoid damage.

Solution:

Move the AD bonuses to either a passive, or change their AD ratios and remove the bonus altogether. The bonus is making it so a small buff can change the dynamic of how they acquire AD.

Keep the gapclosers the way they are, or make them more appealing (like tryndamere's.) Gapclosers are requirements, but they don't need to be one point wonders, nor do they need to be broke.

Survivability is the biggest thing here though. Self heals allow tryn and yi to shrug off hits that would make fiora **** herself. She needs some form of survivability, other than just hoping her W and ult will let her evade enough damage to win a trade.

Tryn and Yi have good self heals. Fiora needs one. Maybe it could work off of riposte, when she repels an auto she gets a certain amount of health back, or something. Or she could have innate lifesteal instead of innate HP regen, which isn't all that good.

Amadi

05-04-2013

Quote:
Morello:
No, the answer is "we can't just buff an ADC that is melee because they're binary in their success/failure; either too strong or UP."

And this has been known for ages, yet you still made the decision to release another character like that. Knowing very well that she would have to remain in an underpowered state for possibly years until you come up with something.

Quote:
Morello:
Basically some items, but also play patterns that tend to have more escape potential or upfront burst. It'd make them more "assassin-y".

Because Assassins aren't binary at all. Not like they either run in and kill the ADC or die trying.

Samenko

05-04-2013

Quote:
Betwïxt:
don't forget that if you buff Fiora you also have to buff GP

or leave him in trash tier, that works too

I got to plat by spamming GP, i respectfully disagree

ChocoVanille

05-17-2013

Quote:
Morello:
Exactly - we don't want to just buff them so we have to tear them down again. I think a fix to Riposte is just cool and a win, but it won't do much for why ADC's that are melee are not balanceable at the moment. Xypherous has been messing with this a bit.

Unfortunately, the Riposte changes we want to do are actually technically difficult and have been hard to prioritize over other important things.

Sir, with all due respect the Riposte is not just the problem ~ its the ultimate of fiora and it is broken because she is still being affected by some spells cast of the champions in the league, Take example is Fiddlesticks's Drain when fid cast it and when fiora Blade Waltz, Fids still drains Fiora To DEATH tell me that is acceptable? Sir it is not . The Drain is supposed to be Canceled when Blade Waltz right? And also when the Champ goes into the bush the ultimate gets canceled .. tell me that is balanced? And also her lunge work only for enganging not for escaping? tell me why jax has Q jump on minions but her lunge can't? and also her Riposte when she parries she still affected by the on hit effects of it like ''Blessing of the Lizard Elder'' she gets slowed and W of darius when parried she still bleeds~ and also her regeneration is it usefull on 1v1 fights? why not just make it a lifesteal or self healing something like that. thank you sir for hearing me.~ im just saying she needs buffs.. thank you for reading.. Riot Bless..

Zaruma

05-17-2013

Quote:
Calobius:
They need to show some love to a few champs like Fiora, Corki, and Poppy.

Corki's ult got a big buff recently

Azerain

05-17-2013

Quote:
Fuzen kuden:
can you turn her into one of your ad caster. they seem to be loved by you guys the most. >.> and they seem much easier to balance

Lolwhat?

OxBaker

05-17-2013

If you can't buff her, at least then give us some more melee specific items like hydra to work with.