Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A New PBE Community!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noric

04-24-2013

I'm not sure the reddit format is actually what pbe needs. Honestly, it seems perfectly geared towards suggestions - bug fixes need to happen whether one person or 50 upvote it(and the critical ones usually get so much action that they are obvious).

24SevenEU

04-24-2013

This is in Google Chrome.
I just noticed that pages from these new forums that I save (as favourite or in another folder that IT is saved on the favourite bar or whatever it's called) just say "Riot Games - PBE Community!"
Maybe you guys could make it so the titles of the thread shows up instead or with the "Riot Games - PBE Community!" ?

KamaitachiTrey

Huntsman

04-24-2013

Quote:
Zazzerpan:
I'm sorry, but this is all kinds of wrong. Newer is not always better. The model you're using is suitable for frivolous social comments and content where only the newest and most popular things matter. It certainly isn't suited for genuine feedback and bug reports in a testing environment where highly relevant issues may be very obscure.

And why is it so important that a feedback forum for a game which will never run on a remotely mobile device be designed specifically to be viewed on mobile devices?

You forget, this is a testing server, and forum!

That means that not only do we test champions, new features, new maps, but new systems as well. League points was one, why can't we also test new forums they're thinking of implementing?

Now, that's just my speculation, they haven't said anything like that, and like many other ideas, they may decide to end up scrapping it.

But if they've gone as far as to put it here for testing or working with, maybe they thought about applying it to all the forums here instead? People have been saying they need new forums for a while, perhaps this is their testing phase to see how it feels.

Gpof

04-24-2013

Quote:
KamaitachiTrey:
You forget, this is a testing server, and forum!

That means that not only do we test champions, new features, new maps, but new systems as well. League points was one, why can't we also test new forums they're thinking of implementing?

Now, that's just my speculation, they haven't said anything like that, and like many other ideas, they may decide to end up scrapping it.

But if they've gone as far as to put it here for testing or working with, maybe they thought about applying it to all the forums here instead? People have been saying they need new forums for a while, perhaps this is their testing phase to see how it feels.

On the contrary, being unwilling to use the new "forum" is also a way of giving a strong opinion, or feedback rather. Actions (or the lack of in this case) speak louder than words, so I'm told.

KamaitachiTrey

Huntsman

04-24-2013

Quote:
Gpof:
On the contrary, being unwilling to use the new "forum" is also a way of giving a strong opinion, or feedback rather. Actions (or the lack of in this case) speak louder than words, so I'm told.

Lack of an action isn't an action though.

You won't get noticed during a protest by sitting at home and watching TV unless it is a massive amount of individuals taking part and halts jobs or schooling or otherwise.

You need to make yourself heard if you dislike something, say you refuse to post in the new forums and give reasons why, that's taking action. Not posting in the new forums and no one noticing you not posting in the new forums isn't going to change anything!

Also, I'm not sure you used "contrary" correctly, or maybe I'm misunderstanding you? It sounds like you're disagreeing with me, when all I was saying is that its possible that they intend on making this the new forum everywhere, not just for the PBE.

I wasn't saying we have to test it, or that it was necessary for everyone to test it, but just that they put it here to test (perhaps) for eventual use in other aspects of the forum.

Really though, almost all PBE players have been asking for a united forum that uses our summoner name on the PBE for a while now, so perhaps this new forum will be only for the PBE.

Simply because it can become troublesome to post in EUW, EUNE, Oceanic, NA, and otherwise with all the information, or gather information from all those different forums, than it would be to gather it in one united forum that uses our PBE account - and make it so that only PBE players can reply there so we don't have 5+ threads every week or two asking when sign ups will be open.

But again, these are speculations and my opinions.

sarthos91

04-24-2013

hello people of riot games, I'm a summoner of the game and wanted to inform you about the problem with the lag high ping or whatever you call it, it is very often frequents for all players in the middle of a game, annoying and tedious having to wait the reconnection of the game or lose the game because it is the game which has the problem, as the gameplay is good according to the connection of internet .. from already thank you very much and hope to solve soon this type and other types of problems as do most immediate case reports summoners afk or intentional feeders, a cordial greeting
later!

Gpof

04-25-2013

The second section of what I quoted is mainly what I was referencing. And the point I meant to get across is that if the other forum doesn't get used, then it won't serve it's purpose. I'm not saying that's the case right now, but just a possible scenario. Personally I won't be using it because I dislike the layout.

RichardMcNixon

04-26-2013

Quote:
KamaitachiTrey:
Lack of an action isn't an action though.

You won't get noticed during a protest by sitting at home and watching TV unless it is a massive amount of individuals taking part and halts jobs or schooling or otherwise.

I am posting this to protest the old forums. I will not be posting here anymore. This is my form of protest to stick it to the man who is insisting to let the old forums exist. I refuse to be manipulated or controlled and will not be a party to these old forums anymore!

¡Viva la Revolución!

lol

Kachine

04-28-2013

Keep the colouring from the old forums, the new one makes it hard to see the division between each line and makes it look everything is all together and a mess. Stickies needs to be more clear.

Overall, the new forums is just hard on the eyes. Harder to read each individual comment, harder to read the titles, also, it looks way to simplified. Looks like its designed for mobile and doesn't look very good.

TL Pride

05-01-2013

I tried going to the new site, but nothing is showing up. There are links to discussion boards, but they loop back to the same place *http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm147/xin13/Pbesite.png
the image is what the site looks like in my browser