Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion is annoyingly flawed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Belrick

04-21-2013

Before i start, I now only play dom, i love its PVP play when games are close, however close games are rare and getting rarer. Below is a list of reasons why.

1. Champs are balanced for SR/PVE play. Specifically gold earning, since dominion distributes gold mostly from ticks rather than PVE farming many champs on dom are either severely overpowered or extremely underpowered. Many champs are in fact are just not playable by any team wishing to win.

2. matchmaking. There is none, the focus is purely on the professional players and pro player wannabes clicking ranked on SR. Damn annoying how so many games on dom are wrecked because all the good players go on one team and the terrible on the other.

It is just damn lazy coding that the game doesnt track lv30 players win loss records and adjusts teams accordingly.

Wouldnt it be nice if riot gave Dom some love? Recognised it as their flagship PVP map and gave it its own champ choices where they are all balanced and coded in basic "even the worst games have it stock" match makers?

Torkable

04-21-2013

1. being fixed, derp
2. I can't understand 70% of what you typed and the parts I can are just plain stupid/wrong.

themitey1

Adjudicator

04-22-2013

Belrick. Just so you know. There is elo in Dom. It's hidden. Both in blind pick and draft, there is elo and you're matched with other players around your elo. ...I think that's what you were complaining about. I'm not sure. Whatever.

AlphaFerric

04-22-2013

Quote:
themitey1:
Belrick. Just so you know. There is elo in Dom. It's hidden. Both in blind pick and draft, there is elo and you're matched with other players around your elo. ...I think that's what you were complaining about. I'm not sure. Whatever.

While this is true, the system is definitely flawed. You'll sometimes see players who aren't even level 30 playing the 2k bracket because they smurfed on some stupid long winstreak or duo'd with another highish player. That or Sauron has been in queue for too long, so to balance out the elo, he gets a level 20something against a group of people with 1k wins. I say this, because I've seen it happen a few times now.

Worst Ali Ever

04-22-2013

The only thing that is very frustrating with matchmaking is these premades tricking the Q when it's late and there is a very little pool of players playing the mode.
One guy hit at the same time without being matched with the 4 others, both way he ends up or in their team and there is a 5 man premades against some randoms, or he is in the other team and gives basically a free win to his friends.The same thing is done in TT.

FDru

04-22-2013

Quote:
AlphaFerric:
While this is true, the system is definitely flawed. You'll sometimes see players who aren't even level 30 playing the 2k bracket because they smurfed on some stupid long winstreak or duo'd with another highish player. That or Sauron has been in queue for too long, so to balance out the elo, he gets a level 20something against a group of people with 1k wins. I say this, because I've seen it happen a few times now.

Well, yes that does happen.. but what do you expect? Matchmaking has to create a game for someone eventually.

The problems with matchmaking are mostly due to the small population, and not because of the way matchmaking works.

TechPrince

04-22-2013

Champion balance problems are due to health/mana relics, passive gold income, auto exp gain.
Map problems are due to weird pathing issues, small size.
Matchmaking problems are due to low population.
Game mode problem is due to riots ignorance.
lol

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

04-22-2013

Quote:
AlphaFerric:
While this is true, the system is definitely flawed. You'll sometimes see players who aren't even level 30 playing the 2k bracket because they smurfed on some stupid long winstreak

i've been complaining about this forevers but it seems riot's stance on the matter is "lol sub-30s represent a slim minority of da playerbase and more den half of dem are smurfs anyway"

Camen Sieder

04-22-2013

when your Elo goes up you will stop running into people who just play dominion to test builds and such