Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Select "lag" - Unknown Error, being punished.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Goodkat

06-25-2013

^^^^ I agree with this guy, tons of complaints about this issue and yet NOT A SINGLE RESPONSE FROM RIOT... come on guys, at least tell us you don't know what is going on. Don't just sit there and have your customers beg for something that is never going to happen

The Goodkat

06-25-2013

Bump

The Goodkat

06-25-2013

bump

Spyglass

06-25-2013

Yaaay! Unknown error is back! With a login queue to boot!
Kicked out of champ select - Unknown error.
Can't connect to the login servers now - Unknown error.

PA, FiOS

The Goodkat

06-25-2013

bump

chungl00

06-25-2013

Bump same **** happens to me. a little frustrating because RIOTS servers can't stay stable i get punished and lose lp? seems nice. thanks riot for responding and or giving us tips on how to help us!

SayntClair

06-25-2013

bump this man. I'm so fed up of losing lp because the champ select freezes up.
for some reason chat still works but i cant select a champ and i keep getting banned for thirty minutes.

Moro135

06-26-2013

Quote:
Tony Lewis:
I've been getting an "Unknown Error" window during Chamption Select.

Nearly every time I try to play a ranked match, I will get "lag" in champion select; to me it will appear as if the timer has run out on someone's ban, or turn selecting a champion, but it won't move on to the next person's pick/ban turn. It will sit there.

Sometimes, nothing will register for me visually until a minute or two later, when more bans and/or champion selections of others have been made.

A lot of the time the lag lasts so long that I get kicked out of games. It will by my turn, but the screen does not register this. It shows that it is still someone else's turn to pick/ban but the timer has run out for a long time on that person's turn. I try to click a champion, but the stupid thing doesn't let me because hey, it's not my turn! This is usually when the "Unknown Error" window shows up. When the lag finally ends it will be too late and I'll have been kicked out of the game for failing to choose a champion. I've lost like 3 promotion series this way, and loads more LP.

I've googled this problem for hours, and everyone else who has had this problem gets next to no help! So frustrating.

this same thing happenes to me and i dont want to get banned or lose LP but its happened to me twice in a row today i would also like some help with this if possible

Moro135

06-26-2013

sounds like you guys are going through the same thing as me..... it sucks because the only reason i was gonna play ranked was because i got a notification saying that i was inactive in ranked and if i didnt play i would loose lp.... so i tried to play ranked and i lagged out and ended up losing lp -.-

Moro135

06-26-2013

another **** thing is that for some reason i cant even make a log for them to read.... in the "help" text it says that, to make a log gp to preferences and click submit a log.... where is the friken submit a log button????? o.O BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP