Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Select "lag" - Unknown Error, being punished.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tony Lewis

04-21-2013

I've been getting an "Unknown Error" window during Chamption Select.

Nearly every time I try to play a ranked match, I will get "lag" in champion select; to me it will appear as if the timer has run out on someone's ban, or turn selecting a champion, but it won't move on to the next person's pick/ban turn. It will sit there.

Sometimes, nothing will register for me visually until a minute or two later, when more bans and/or champion selections of others have been made.

A lot of the time the lag lasts so long that I get kicked out of games. It will be my turn, but the screen does not register this. It shows that it is still someone else's turn to pick/ban but the timer has run out for a long time on that person's turn. I try to click a champion, but the stupid thing doesn't let me because hey, it's not my turn! This is usually when the "Unknown Error" window shows up. When the lag finally ends it will be too late and I'll have been kicked out of the game for failing to choose a champion. I've lost like 3 promotion series this way, and loads more LP.

I've googled this problem for hours, and everyone else who has had this problem gets next to no help! So frustrating.

Update 10/23/13
Just some more info.

For me, this problem may be coupled with "lag" when trying to accept a match. Sometimes the window never appears, and thus I fail to accept a match. Today this happened to me again, multiple times.

Update 1/23/14

I was able to play ranked for quite some time but in the last week this problem has appeared again. There goes my series without a single game played in it. Excellent.

Elduris

Recruiter

04-21-2013

Have you tried repairing your client or reinstalling?

Tony Lewis

04-21-2013

I have tried the repair option, and after that the error kept happening. I reformatted my computer after that, and downloaded league again, and the problem persists.

Thank you for your reply though, I appreciate help.

Tony Lewis

04-23-2013

Bump.

Absorblol

04-28-2013

I've been having this problem for months as well. I've repaired and reinstalled but nothing helps. Riot doesn't seem to care either.

Runethor

04-28-2013

i cant progress past champion select, it wont go to the screen with the load percentage. it just goes back to me desktop and it says game in progress. 2ce i made it too the fountain but it wont respond to commands.

Absorblol

04-30-2013

I don't understand why no one from Riot will comment on this. Can someone please help? I can't even play tonight because I can't select a champion.

Absorblol

05-05-2013

bump, please help

sal610

05-17-2013

Bump. Ive been lagging out of ranked champion select and losing LP because whenevr I select my champion theres a connection failure. Never lagged 3 months ago, but now, lagging like hell... not sure whats goin on

Please help riot!

makchamp

05-17-2013

This is the error i keep getting

http://gyazo.com/5b8cfccc816c8d750fecf5b45f24bcf0 (http://gyazo.com/5b8cfccc816c8d750fecf5b45f24bcf0)

Can someone from riot please tell me what is going on. It's pissing me off. Losing points for no reason.