Quick question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sauron

04-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkable View Post
That doesn't mean the "fix" wasn't stupidly heavy handed. It was a stupid fix. All they had to do to help out the very top end players such as yourself was add a break point. if you're over 2.5k hidden elo just automatically widen the search range a bit...for example. Whatever the numbers would need to be.
A lvl 30 player with....let-me-toot-my-own-horn-here-a-bit...+110 wins on close to 2k dom games played should not be matched with sub lvl 30's with less than a dozen dom wins. Before you think I'm exaggerating, I'm not, and it happens a lot, too ****ing much.
Those are partial premades you are being placed into.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

04-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
In S1 and S2 the first ten games of a mode/ladder had triple rating change to try to place players in the correct bracket. Now that elo ratings are hidden we don't know if they still do that in S3 (but they probably do).
the lol was directed at the fact that a summoner out there thinks my name is better with more As and fewer Gs

this one is me:

Quote:
1543 AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH NA 1909 168W/149L

KaWraith

04-22-2013

Quote:
Fun fact for new players: If your queue timer goes over 119 minutes it disappears from the status window when people mouse-over your name. It just says you're "In Queue".
Yeah that happened to me in my 6 hour draft queue that never popped.... It's like Riot was embarrassed with themselves...

Torkable

04-22-2013

Quote:
Those are partial premades you are being placed into.
I can't see how that is a legit argument for matching players so obviously not on the same skill level. As well as the fact that it happens when I duo queue with valv who has an even greater +win set than I do, and is sitting on 3k+ dom games.

Its not the fact that its premades vs non-premades, the system is clearly saying, "hey, we have two "high elo" players here, we can put a couple of idiots on their team as long as we do the same for the other team. That way its balanced" And what you end up with is 4-5 players that know what they are doing and a game half full of total idiots, and I doubt its fun for anyone, I'm being dragged down and the newer players are being **** on by the 1.5k wins kassdin/jayce/[enter OP champ here]. I fail to see how this is justified to (no offense) help out an incredibly small percentage of the pop.
As I said before, they should have created a breakpoints in the search breadth or some other stepped solution instead of screwing the whole thing for almost everyone else.

BeefJerkyHunter

04-22-2013

Ah, how I wish we could see our rankings again.
Wouldn't it be nice if we could at least see a month-to-month chart of our stats?