The hat or the torch?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skull Kid239

Recruiter

04-21-2013

Which do you think is better to rush first as a mage and why?

also, on a related note, what is your annie build order?
there are so many paths for her it's tough to pick one. Archangels, Rod of ages, Woogletts witchcap, blackfire torch

Genericke

04-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull Kid239 View Post
Which do you think is better to rush first as a mage and why?

also, on a related note, what is your annie build order?
there are so many paths for her it's tough to pick one. Archangels, Rod of ages, Woogletts witchcap, blackfire torch
Blackfire torch is better because it builds out of three intermediate items before completion, that all grans a variety of strong balanced stats. All 3 components grant AP, haunting guise grants HP and magic pen, codex grants AP and CDR. While Woogletts is an amazing item, it only grants AP - when most mages would really get a lot more benefit from CDR.

As for Annie, fairly typical build that I see is boots + ring, sweeper, torch, void staff + whatever else because after void staff the game is pretty close to finished.

Make sure when building torch you build guise, codex, and then pick, because the pick is probably the least valuable component of the item.

Skull Kid239

Recruiter

04-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genericke View Post
Blackfire torch is better because it builds out of three intermediate items before completion, that all grans a variety of strong balanced stats. All 3 components grant AP, haunting guise grants HP and magic pen, codex grants AP and CDR. While Woogletts is an amazing item, it only grants AP - when most mages would really get a lot more benefit from CDR.

As for Annie, fairly typical build that I see is boots + ring, sweeper, torch, void staff + whatever else because after void staff the game is pretty close to finished.

Make sure when building torch you build guise, codex, and then pick, because the pick is probably the least valuable component of the item.

I was under the impression the witchcap was op, you don't even use it in your build at all?

I don't use rings as I've never really needed them, so i'll try this build. maybe start tier 2 boots instead, or something, idk.

wolferer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2013

I think the book is underrated.

Genericke

04-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull Kid239 View Post
I was under the impression the witchcap was op, you don't even use it in your build at all?

I don't use rings as I've never really needed them, so i'll try this build. maybe start tier 2 boots instead, or something, idk.
The ring gives a lot of strong stats (health, AP, and mp/5) so you can usually get away with not having to build mana or mana regen.

The cap is super strong, just hard to fit into builds sometimes. It's a situational buy. If I buy it, it's after void staff, or if the enemy team has lots of AD assassins like Talon and Kha'Zix that aren't building too much MR.

MyDeadGrandma

04-21-2013

There's no point rushing torch if you're planning on bursting someone down with an AP assassin, e.g. Leblanc, Akali.

Now heroes like Swain, Teemo, Brand and Ahri on the other hand, its generally a good idea to get it asap.

Quote:
*******http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/images/buttons/viewpost.gif******** Blackfire torch is better because it builds out of three intermediate items before completion, that all grans a variety of strong balanced stats.
Except kage's pick is bad.

Luninareph

04-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
There's no point rushing torch if you're planning on bursting someone down with an AP assassin, e.g. Leblanc, Akali.

Now heroes like Swain, Teemo, Brand and Ahri on the other hand, its generally a good idea to get it asap.
This. I prefer Wooglet's for characters who drop their entire kit on somebody and then have to recharge, like LeBlanc or Malzahar, or hybrid carry-support-y types with a few non-offensive skills that need the added AP, such as neo-Karma or Lulu. Torch is brilliant on carries with spammy spells, like Syndra, Orianna, or Cassiopeia.

Of course, Torch's health and CDR can be more valuable to longevity than Wooglet's armor, which can sometimes push the favor in the Torch's direction. Also, Wooglet's is SLIGHTLY less expensive, which can sometimes make a game-changing difference if the timing breaks down a certain way.

I don't know much about Annie, I'm afraid. I never play her.

Volandum

04-21-2013

The calculations have been done for you by the great Konfetarius. See here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...light=le+blank

Annie will not need to mess with AAS, and her Rylai's synergy is too great for RoA to be worth your while as that has no utility.

UPfreely

04-21-2013

21/8/1 masteries
MS quints, Mpen reds, rest AP/lvl

boots/ring start
balanced enemy team?
boots2 + haunting guise
AP heavy?
abyssal sceptre
AD heavy?
wooglets
if they have more then 70 mr get void staff

after that its pretty much preference
get rylais if you need the slow/bulk
upgrade haunting guise to torch for the extra burn/cdr
build morellos for the heal debuff/cdr

Building archangels is pretty much trolling as you will gimp yourself and never reap its benefits
rod of ages will also gimp your early game and i'd advise against it unless you really think you need the bulk.

Torkable

04-21-2013

I can't even remember the last time I got the hat, between torch, void, abyssal, rylais, and sparkle shooter, can't find a place for it.