Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What do you think of this added functionality for pinging?

I agree, this would be a great addition. 52 89.66%
I disagree, it is not needed. 6 10.34%
Voters 58 .

A simple game mechanic change (Poll)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnEnemy

Recruiter

11-10-2010

Hi guys, I've been playing LoL since closed beta and the other day I thought of something that I think might be a useful mechanic to add.

I think that it would be great to modify the ping function so that when you ping somewhere it places a small mark on the ground in the main game window, similar to how it marks an enemy champion as a target.

I believe that this would be quite beneficial when it comes to coordinating with your teammates.

Imagine you are playing Ashe or Ezreal and you have sent your ult to help your allies in top lane. You can now ping exactly where the arrow will be going so that your allies can try to get the enemy onto that spot.

It would also allow for better coordination of ganks and team fights as you can mark out where you want someone to stand without having to try to explain "that bush..no not that one...the other one".

I believe this would be most helpful in games where you don't have all 5 people in vent as it would allow for much quicker communication without the need to type as much.

Let me know what you think.

Edit: I believe it would have to be a non intrusive mark that would fade after a couple seconds, to minimize the ability to grief. Also, I don't see how it would be more annoying than ping spamming already is.

Night4ngel

11-10-2010

Spaaaaaam would suuuuuuuck

Sabnitron

Recruiter

11-10-2010

Hrm, interesting. Sounds good. I like it. +1.

Morgued

11-10-2010

*thumbs up*

sdrakkon

11-10-2010

hmmm, easy to implement but i dont really see how it would be useful.. convince me!

AnEnemy

Recruiter

11-10-2010

Well, I just know in my games I've tried to use the ping to let people know exactly where I'm sending an ult and I think that a small visible mark would help make that possible.

CaptainShark

11-10-2010

+1

Shears

11-10-2010

I dig it, a precision ping in a place inside your peripheral vision would make all the difference in the world for ganks and warnings, map wide ulti's etc.

Spamming would be no more irritating than regular ping spam is, as long as the marker was reasonable..

THE HAMBEAST

11-10-2010

/singed

Lofter

11-10-2010

Great idea