Blitzcrank-How do I not fail as him?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Robertroid

Member

11-10-2010

So I've seen Blitzcrank a few times, and seeing his interesting combo potential with his abilities, and having "meathook" is always fun cause I loved that in DotA. Being able to camp out in the woods, and pull in an unsuspecting champion for a kill was always fun...but I dont seem to be able to do it with Blitzcrank. I feel as if he is not a tank at all with his lack of defensive powers, and almost all my Rocket Grabs seem to miss, I always feel like it's range is just too short for the spots I want to set up in. What am I missing about Blitzcrank and how can I improve so as to not make unlocking him a waste?

Am I the only one who feels like his Rocket Grab range is far too short to do what it is supposed to be doing?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bettysmith

Senior Member

11-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Robertroid View Post
So I've seen Blitzcrank a few times, and seeing his interesting combo potential with his abilities, and having "meathook" is always fun cause I loved that in DotA. Being able to camp out in the woods, and pull in an unsuspecting champion for a kill was always fun...but I dont seem to be able to do it with Blitzcrank. I feel as if he is not a tank at all with his lack of defensive powers, and almost all my Rocket Grabs seem to miss, I always feel like it's range is just too short for the spots I want to set up in. What am I missing about Blitzcrank and how can I improve so as to not make unlocking him a waste?

Am I the only one who feels like his Rocket Grab range is far too short to do what it is supposed to be doing?
I agree, wholeheartedly.

As far as him being a tank, I haven't kept up with him in some time but it seems he fits a support niche more than tank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoransTroll

Senior Member

11-10-2010

It depends a lot on what you want to do with him. General consensus about him is build Frozen Heart for tank, and Lich Bane for nuke build.

He's a tank in a sense that he is capable of keeping a lot of people at bay for a long time, but he is in fact very squishy as far as a tank goes. It's all about CCs and strong initiation.

As far as Rocket Grab range--try chasing with Overdrive, then launch the grab. You can close the distance enough for the grab to reach.

His grab also has really odd (uberly large) hitbox, so it is really easy for enemies to hide behind minions. Once you learn the spots that you can grab people from behind walls, then it will be much easier. As a tank, you don't want to waste grab (and mana) because you can use it to pull DPS away from your squishies as well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QaenyinSerahl

Senior Member

11-10-2010

Real problem w/ him is that his damage is really really bad, even compared to other tanks. When built as a tank he's about as 1v1 dangerous as amumu and doesn't bring half as much to team fights. His E seriously needs to be replaced with something that deals flat damage, as even at level 18 it deals pathetic damage(around 200 physical before armor) which is arguably the lowest damage single spell in the game. His W's self-slow is also counterproductive since it means you can't generally use it to chase or to escape, meaning for the most part it's just a poor attack speed buff.

You're pretty much stuck building him AP or AD if you want him to do anything at all for a team other than try and Q people periodically(something any blitz build can do). Building him as a tank doesn't contribute anything to a team dps builds don't themselves.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

agherwyijogkj

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-10-2010

i just know in the beginning an easy kill = grab + power fist at tower


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SanguineRapture

Junior Member

07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by QaenyinSerahl View Post
His E seriously needs to be replaced with something that deals flat damage, as even at level 18 it deals pathetic damage(around 200 physical before armor) which is arguably the lowest damage single spell in the game.
My fully stacked manamune and trinity force say otherwise.

With enough CDR, Blitzcrank's E can become a pain in the ass to anybody who doesn't enjoy a 500 damage knockup every 3 seconds.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

5h4p3

Senior Member

07-06-2011

Fist is on a freakishly small cooldown, and includes a knock-up... and synergizes with triforce/lichbane... how many other champs have that kind of steady cc/damage?

In response to OP though,

Movespeed matters a lot, Blitz is incredibly good when he's fast, and built properly, his shield does a lot of tanking in a fight.

My pet build is :

tear
ionian boots
glacial shroud
sheen
catalyst

From there your upgrades allow you to go AP or AD. But really the big part is the enormous mana base, blitz's shield is too often undervalued, by endgame, it's an extra full health bar, (And it's not factored into Bloodrazor's damage AFAIK, so technically blitz takes around twice as long to kill for BR carries)

With a good shield and a defensive item or two, blitz can take some serious punishment, but with all of his CC, he also considerably reduces the punishment he takes, you just need to be really aware of who the big threats are in a fight.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grand Master Kev

Senior Member

07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanguineRapture View Post
My fully stacked manamune and trinity force say otherwise.

With enough CDR, Blitzcrank's E can become a pain in the ass to anybody who doesn't enjoy a 500 damage knockup every 3 seconds.
Look at the date of the post you quoted...yea...