Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[GUIDE] The Legend of Udyr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JacobWizard

12-23-2009

Udyr would like to thank HackerJacks for this guide, because weeks ago Udyr cursed Udyr to never be played again because of how awful Udyr thought Udyr was. Then Udyr read this guide and saw an Udyr on Udyr's team do well so Udyr decided to try Udyr. Getting 15-20 assists a game and dying very scarcely has brought great happiness to Udyr.

UDYR SMASH!

HackerJacks

12-23-2009

*You can also read Udyr's guide on League Craft*

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...nd%20of%20Udyr (http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/217,The%20Legend%20of%20Udyr)
+1 So Udyr can get some of those sweet sweet riot points!

They are having a contest! READ AND VOTE AND RATE! UDYR's UNITE!

Blannir

12-24-2009

Udyr thanks you for this guide, Udyr hopes people will learn to accept him and not yell at him so much.

Undeath

12-24-2009

Amazing Guide
I played Udyr pre buff and enjoyed him although I had a lot of hate comments directed towards Udyr.
Now Udyr solos mid and rapes all with this build + Damage.
Udyr is god of dps
Udyr drops Yi's and Tryd's like nothing.

Dr Sloth MD

12-25-2009

Before Udyr read this guide, he thought Udyr was incapable of victory. Now that Udyr knows his legend, he thrives on the battlefield!

Udyr thanks you for helping a fellow Udyr.

TehRizzle

12-25-2009

Udyr would like to thank Hacker whole heartedly for this guide. I have bought Udyr two weeks ago as a mistake, so I decided to let it rot. But after Udyr saw this guide, Udyr decided to give the champion a try. This is from Udyr's first serious game, I went Tiger and Bear first before reading this guide.

k0b3 CleoFairy

12-25-2009

Everyone knows Udyr is pretty good now, right?

flankd

The Council

12-25-2009

I disagree with 90% of this guide, especially the item order... maybe i'll write a guide too.

JhonB

12-25-2009

Nice guide, i just started playing him after i read your guide.
I have to say, i love your guide and i love Udyr thx to you and all those games i could win with him.
From my experience, early game udyr is no good ganker or killer/pusher, unless ur teamed up with another disable/snare probably ranged class. And thats why people tend to underestimate him. Oh he just roars and comes to autoattack me what can happen. Or they get used to u doin near notin till lvl 8-10, or probably just stoppin runners at the ocassional gangbangs. But after u get ur items and tiger stance comes into the mix, ur dmg skyrockets, and that gets them mostly unprepared. Also i think they get used to your bear runspeed, and dont see it comin when u rush'em at 10+ when its maxed.
I'm only lvl 10 so im just practicing this guy, but if u can get some decent stuff with him at 10+ he can be a real pain in the ass for almost any champ. Just remember to stance dance once ur in the middle of it.

My item build is a bit different from yours tho:
Ruby Crystal - the +hp it gives tends to give you enough survival at first with turtle stance leech and ocassional bear getaways, and ofc you can make phage from it l8er on. if u get beaten back by some nasty ranged to regen, get some hp pots on your way back
Zeal - yep, thats the next item i get with him: more attack speed=more leech, you dont benefit much from the crit unless ur bear stompin some1, and u got a bit of movement speed too, i think its worth the investment
Bers greaves - more movespeed, more attack speed, its gangbang time crit and movement speed increase from zeal will come in handy. if ur a gambler type, get BF first (and 1 rank of tiger) and greaves after that.... u'll hit so hard it'll make'em cry. But ur very much reliant on ur skills to get away. It's risky
B.F. sword - yep thats the next item i get. huge dmg bonus, u'll just rape ppl with bear stun+tiger stance. and also regen much much faster with turtle. i usually get this baby around 10-12, ppl again just dont see ur dmg cmin until its too l8
Phage - u can get this b4 Sword if ur team lacks snares/disables
From now on its up to u. If ur pwnin, get some leech item, eg. Bloodthister and pwn ppl. If ur gettin blown to bits by some nasty caster, get a good magic def item. If the melee is focusing on u, get an armor like Wardens Mail. And get some leech after that. With ur dmg some leech makes ur life much easier, u'll see
Edit: Personal experience: i almost never bought any defense items with Udyr, save for late game. Ur job primarily is to get in when the party starts, and make some1 run/die asap thx to stun and your dmg (and ur team hopefully). After that u dont stop, go in and get another one stunned, raped, rinse repeat. Ofc get out if ur focused. Also, you're not a tank, let some1 go in first followed swiftly by your bear charge+stun, or go from side and stun that nasty Ashe and rip her @$$ apart
If the game still goes on, make Zeal into Phantom dancer, then get maybe Last Wish or anytin that pumps your dmg.
1 more advice: if the enemy team got some nasty disablers (eg. Evelyn) make sure to keep your finger on Cleanse.
2. Make sure to move and pound on minions in Bear stance if ur hp+mp is full. 1. u can't crit in turtle, 2, if some1 comes near u the first thing they get is a stun in their face. Which may ocassionally save ur @$$

My 2 cents, great guide, thumbs up!
I'll post a pic from a recent practice game, which went 5v4 we being 4 after our lvl2ish TF quit bcos he got raped by Warwick like once every minute. Oh yea, there was another Udyr on the opposing team, he was in my lane, pumpin phoenix at first... he got pwned

Cheers to all Udyr fans!

WesleyC

Recruiter

12-26-2009

WesleyC thanks you for an excellent guide - useful and well written!

I like the skill build - Turtle/Bear has been my most successful skill combo.

Trinity force is certainly a good choice but I think Sheen is most critical component. I always get it first, Phage next and finally Zeal.