[GUIDE] The Legend of Udyr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HackerJacks

01-11-2010

Fixed the item build. Thanks for pointing that out.

Frozen mallet from phage was Udyr's original item build. There is a patch coming out this week that makes some changes to our beloved Udyr. Udyr has a new updated guide but Udyr wants to wait for the patch to come out so Udyr can test everything a little more.

skroog

01-11-2010

I found this guide amazingly useful! i love it!
Udyr is one of my favourite champions since the Buff, and with this guide im nearly always soloing towers, and taking out any hero 1v1.

Senix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2010

Udyr played Udyr for the first time today. Udyr hadn't ever read a guide, and went on Udyrs own choices. Udyr has a habit of going 18+ Every game,and having everyone hate Udyr because Udyr harshly rapes them all over and over. Udyrs first game today stupid smell Pirate spent WHOLE match yelling that Udyr was OP. And Udyr has no problem standing toe to toe with even Rammus mid/late game. Udyr starts with Dorans blade and goes into zerker boots, followed by malady. Followed by Infinity Edge. Start with Phoenix, Bear, Phoenix, Bear, Tiger, Phoenix, Bear, etc, until Bear and Phoenix is maxed. Udyr doesn't like Turtle, for it is slow and smelly. Udyr tends to forget friend Turtle all the time. Strangely enough, as Udyr said, Udyr can stand toe to toe with anyone, and Kassadin never stands a chance. (karthus/kass being my normal mains)

P.S.- Thanks for alt build... I'll try it out and get back to you with what I see as pro's cons. ^^

Suomursu

01-14-2010

With the upcoming phoenix stance buff, a phoenix centered build starts to seem like a viable choice. Altough I have never tested going phoenix at lvl 1 because giving away the farming ability and avoidance of nearly all harassing with turtle is just too much to give up, in my imagination udyr without turtle is like hes another master yi and I dont know how you farm or stay alive against good harassers and situations when you are 2 melees against 2 rangeds on a lane.

Triskele

01-14-2010

Udyr approves of your guide. Udyr finds it useful, thought provoking, and enjoyable to read.

At least Udyr would if he had ever learned to read.

Sad Udyr :C

pubstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2010

I want to thank you for this guide. This guide I follow more than any other in your item build, skill build, philosophy & all around strategy.

Udyr is a ****ing FREAK. So many people have told me "noooo Udyr is not a good solo" "blah blah blah i'm ashe i carry." Not only do I disagree... I'm beginning to feel with Udyrs skill build he may be the ultimate carry. With Turtle & Bear Udyr can withstand any harassment early. I find myself going to the fountain first most games around level 9-10.

I have a quiet early game, begin to help with team ganks once I finish my Zeal... and once I do that the beast explodes within (and I have atleast rank 2 tiger). Udyr is the ultimate carry.

I may not always have the most kills but I am *ALWAYS* the most feared during the game.

Senix

01-14-2010

Okay I have to say after testing I like your skill build better than mine, but I still like my items better. I notice a LACK of damage without Phoenix, but survivability is MUCH higher. Generally with the way I did things, I had a bad early game. 2-4 deaths. But in the end with 19+ kills. With your style I have no early deaths, and end the game with 10-14 kills. So, I guess it evens out. I still don't understand why you don't build malady, zerkers, infinity edge?

Never... mind... I actually READ trinity force and understand. But seriously, what about regular attack dmg?

ignig

01-14-2010

Udyr uses this build every time. Udyr has nothing but success. Udyr alway max out attack speed (of course because Udyr is stance dancing) and hit 537 movement speed in bear. Late games Udyr doesn't even have to dance because Udyr gets 900 crits in bear.

Udyr considers Udyr the ultimate carry. Udyr 100% won this game... teammates were like targets for the other team while Udyr rolled through.

Senix

01-14-2010

Never mind. Udyr bows to the items of Udyr. Point taken well. XD TY!

Blodhren

01-15-2010

Definitely trying this guide out tonight. I am excited!