Please Educate Me

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dubiousity

04-20-2013

I recently started playing Dominion and I just want to know; What makes Kha and Kassadin so overpowered in Dominion?

I've only played against one Kass who didn't do well at all, and I've played two matches as Kha, one was a teamwide stomp and the other was a loss where I was average. Obviously this is all meaningless and anecdotal, so I'm just curious as to what makes them so strong.

Skull Kid239

Master Recruiter

04-20-2013

I'd like to know what's going on too. I'm new and I'm in the same boat as you

I own them both and I can see how Kassadin is a strong pick, but I wouldn't really consider either of them insta win buttons.

A Slime Appears

04-20-2013

Kassadin has a blink as an ult, and it's on a 4-6 second cooldown (depending on how much CDR you have). That means he can move around the map faster than any other champ, except maybe powerball Rammus.

Even if he builds tank, his burst is strong and his kit has both a long duration silence, and a long duration slow. His burst, CC, and mobility combine to make him extremely hard to counter. He can blink on top of you, drop his burst, and walk away unscathed thanks to the silence/slow, then repeat 5 seconds later because his blink CD is so short. It also allows him to gank bot with impunity because he can be back top fast enough to help any teamfights because the CD on his blink is so low.

Dubiousity

04-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slime Appears View Post
Kassadin has a blink as an ult, and it's on a 4-6 second cooldown (depending on how much CDR you have). That means he can move around the map faster than any other champ, except maybe powerball Rammus.

Even if he builds tank, his burst is strong and his kit has both a long duration silence, and a long duration slow. His burst, CC, and mobility combine to make him extremely hard to counter. He can blink on top of you, drop his burst, and walk away unscathed thanks to the silence/slow, then repeat 5 seconds later because his blink CD is so short. It also allows him to gank bot with impunity because he can be back top fast enough to help any teamfights because the CD on his blink is so low.
Ah I see. I'm guessing it also helps that he doesn't drop off later in the game like he does in Rift?

Geryth

04-20-2013

What makes Kassadin a problem is that he is the only one who can blink certain walls in Dominion. Ez's blink, flash, or any other ability will fail-blink straight into the side of most the wall-barriers in Dominion, and Kass's blink ability almost assures he can get away from pursuers because literally no one else can follow him through certain terrain. No counter play like that creates a problem. But it's also compounded by things such as the passive mana regen, quick access to health relics, and PvP action areas in proximity to the fountain that makes him able to build tank / mana items and abuse the increased damage on each R he uses, being able to afford the increased mana cost of each R.

I deal with Kass (And Khaz) with max CDR Taric, where my point and click stun is almost as short as his blink, and I've ensured the death of many a Kass before they can slip away to cause mayhem.

I've never really seen Khaz to be an omg faceroll champion, but maybe I've never seen one properly played or built. Then again maybe it's just because I play Khazix counters, like Taric / Blitz / Pantheon who can mitigate his damage and CC through his slippery-ness. Khaz has much more counter play options so he's not as much of a problem as Kass.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

04-20-2013

Kha'Zix deals the most damage out of all the AD casters to compensate for how he lacks any sort of CC.

He also has a strong poke, stealth, and a refresh-on-kill/assist leap for some reason. \_(ツ)_/