Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How does anyone play Ezreal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HUSTLUH

11-10-2010

i've tried AD builds and AP builds and i just cant seem to get positive

with AP your ult is like ''THE SKILL'' if you miss that, teamfights are pretty much done for you

with AD your bread and butter is mystic shot, but if your fighting in a lane with minions ( especially endgame with super minions) its literally almost impossible to land it on an enemy
( same goes for arcane shift)

BlargCow

11-10-2010

try auto attacking

Crunkie

11-10-2010

AP ezreal is the best build nowadays. They have buffed his AP ratios the last two patches. Essance Flux is your bread and butter for AP, not your ulti. Essance hits like a TRUCK early game, and late game it still does a good chunk. Also, when you play AP, your teleport is no longer just an escape, its a friggin nuke. I just went 26/4 With ezreal the other day in a ranked match. You just gotta know.

AngelOfDeathTV

11-10-2010

Unfortunatly, the only effective ezreal builds now a days are autohit builds like how you would build miss fortune ect, and they normaly focus around crit to get out the good damage.

Inf Edge
Ghostblade
Exe Callign [people underestimate this item]
Last Whisperer

Those are in no perticualr order nor are they a build themself, but i do use those items in my build most of the time because they provide armor pen/ damage and crit ect. And your Mystic shot just turns into another damage burst [even though minor] and steroid stack. But even then miss fortune ect would be a much better candidate for said build.

FenixWolf

11-10-2010

I play AD ezreal alot (hell i main as ez), and from experience...I can say that you can't expect to just pick up and ezreal and and land those hits as frequently and hard as you'd like.

You have to:
1. predict enemy movement (you may go as far as manipulating it)
2. recognize every hole in their defense that opens up and take advantage of it
3. know when to stay back or run away (you're squishy as all hell)
4. kite an enemy into a bad spot if you can

(holyyy **** #1 can make or break an ezreal player)

common sense stuff:
4. proper runes/masteries (naturally) [Armor Pen runes are crucial for AD ez]
5. good items to buy (as with any champion)

Scarlena

11-10-2010

According to my boyfriend (I have never played him), hybrid is the most effective.

Narsir

11-10-2010

Quote:
HUSTLUH:
i've tried AD builds and AP builds and i just cant seem to get positive

with AP your ult is like ''THE SKILL'' if you miss that, teamfights are pretty much done for you

with AD your bread and butter is mystic shot, but if your fighting in a lane with minions ( especially endgame with super minions) its literally almost impossible to land it on an enemy
( same goes for arcane shift)

Wrong. Pre nerfed AD Ez could just spam Q but now u have to play him kinda like any ranged DPS - autoattacking. Hit them with Q, debuff their DPS with W to get some stacks from your passive and AD Ez is still pretty strong carry.

Red Cloud

11-10-2010

my main is ezreal. from experience ap>hybrid>ad...
for ap: i usually start with mystic shot (cooldown purpose only) then max out essence flux followed by your teleport/flash which crunkie is right about it being your nuke mid/late game
masteries for ap are 9/0/21 and i usually go with teleport/ghost for summoner spells. the reason for tp is because as ap ez it tends to be a bitc* to farm so i use tp often and thanks to having 21 in support the cd isn't so bad. and of coarse ghost for chasing/escaping.
most important thing to remember is how squishy ez is. and it helps a ton if your team has some good cc nothing like amumu ulting on the enemy team and you just unload e/w/r and spam q from a distance to help cd your w and e. another thing to remember is how much mana ez can burn so getting that archeangel is pretty crucial. other than that it pretty much depends on the enemy team comp. but my core items are sorc boots, archeangel, zhonya, and if i'm doing good soulstealer.

HUSTLUH

11-10-2010

is it smart to rush lich bane on AP builds

Shaella

11-10-2010

I'd play him if they made a catgirl skin