Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Another sona thread, discuss

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luminarc

11-10-2010

Ive been playing alot of Sona recently, and yes she is a excellent champion.

The question is is she OP or not.

Honestly I think shes fine at where shes at. really i do.
Sure she can harass like a boss, and spam mad heals, but she is VERY squishy.
she can be uncatchable sometimes, but she is so easily countered by diving in with such champions as Xin zhao, or with any champion with a stun.

you may die in the process, but this is all about timing, and if played well its really easy to do. Just get her before she harasses you hard.

if you also buy a regrowth pendent and stay back, and hit her a few times eventually she will go OOM healing her self, while your eventually healing her damage off with the pendant.

If there is a upcoming nerf i really hope its just her passive.

Scarlena

11-10-2010

I have only played her once, so feel free to totally discredit my opinion.

I thought she was ridiculously easy. I had absolutely no mana management issues, was never below 50% health, and I was able to harass like a bamf.

I don't think she has OP heals, damage, or anything else. What I think makes her OP is how simple she is to play and master.

Luminarc

11-10-2010

I agree she is really easy to play, and to master, but shes not as faceroll as ryse

and her mana management is really good, but i have to get clarity since i harass so hard.

Her being simple and easy to master isnt OP at all, it just means you play better

Scarlena

11-10-2010

You play better than other champions.... meaning you're more effective... meaning you're more powerful than them... meaning you're OP? At least, that's my thought process. And although she's not as faceroll, I do think she's overall much easier. Ryze is very squishy and easy to kill if targeted. Sona has her heals to save her.

Luminarc

11-10-2010

i guess, but ryze also has a low cd snare to get away, and incredible damage to tell people to back off.

inb4 i accidently turn this into a ryze thread D:

Scarlena

11-10-2010

Lol good call. Alright, well, my bottom line: Her difficulty level makes her OP in my book. Game breaking? Not at all. Slightly OP, and better than other heals (Soraka)? Yes.

Luminarc

11-10-2010

/agreed