Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Graveyard Soil Zyra anybody?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archomental

04-19-2013

Hey GD,

Just figured I'd post this idea I had for a new Zyra skin. She's my main champion, and as she hasn't had a skin since her launch, I figured I'd get on with imagining one for her. As a 3D Artist, I may end up modeling this myself, but I figured I'd put the idea out there to see if it garners interest beforehand.

Anyway, to get down to it:

The concept here is that Zyra would be formed from Graveyard soil, wrapped in a covering of Bone and dark green, Leafy Vines to keep everything packed into shape, with a giant Worm or two moving through her at all times. (See my sketches for clarity)

Q - Bone Spikes or Grasping Hands

W - A small headstone with a faint glow.

E - A pack of leaping worms that arc through the soil.

R - A collection of Bones, Arms, or Worms, or all of the above, centered on a small Obelisk.

Melee Plant - A sawtooth bone on a spinal cord, with vines clinging to the cord.

Ranged Plant - An animal skull that shoots bone shards, again semi-wrapped in vines.

Passive - Zyra shifts into a swirl of bones and soil, topped with a large dragon skull, with a patch of vine leaves on the mound below. Upon firing her shot, the soil collapses into a heap, with minor bone shafts sticking out of the surface.

SKETCH! http://i.imgur.com/JJg3bwJ.jpg

EDIT: Wow! Didn't expect the 3 AM response to be so ecstatic! I'll present it to the crowds tomorrow, and hopefully get some more critique or give some enjoyment. Cheers!

EDIT: Added the image directly to my post as an attachment.

EDIT: Holy hell!! 100+ Upvotes!? Thanks guys! I'm glad you like it. I added some recent thoughts to the various abilities, and hopefully I'll be able to re-sketch some of it in the next couple days, or add to my old sketches for clarity. Cheers!

UPDATE: Added another little teaser sketch, planning a few more tonight or tomorrow. Just some musings on the Passive.

UPDATE: Added a second teaser for the night.

BIG UPDATE: Looks like Riot must have liked the idea... because HERE IT IS!

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/10/1016-pbe-update.html#more

Rossingol

Recruiter

04-19-2013

Ohhh that's cool! Upvoted.

Evenoix

04-19-2013

nightmares incoming

Jasleen

Recruiter

04-19-2013

I would buy it, seems pretty cool.

SaveTheSunF1R3x

Recruiter

04-19-2013

Best skin idea i've seen in weeks

*Edit* Castlevania skull things OP

Corporal Cupcake

04-19-2013

Best skin idea since Dragon Master Swain.

Frickin Adorable

04-19-2013

this needs to be in the next lol halloween event

DisturbedDani

04-19-2013

Love this!

Nya Poptart Cat

Recruiter

04-19-2013

I love this idea!

(Jurassic Zyra!)

Archomental

04-19-2013

Quote:
Purplosion:
Best skin idea since Dragon Master Swain.

Dear LORD you compliment me, sir. Thank you!