Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ashe, requesting build and you use her

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeexX

11-10-2010

I have a solid build with ashe, but am just wondering how people here use her and build her.
thanks all comments appreciated, include what masteries items and summoner skills you use.

Thanks again,
TeexX

Scarlena

11-10-2010

By no means am I a pro Ashe, but I do enjoy playing her quite a bit. What I usually do:

Dorans shield if high dps team, dorans ring if more harassable team.
Boots of Swiftness
Tiamat to speed up her farming (more money/pushing power)
Infinities Edge
Some type of armor, usually Force of Nature.
More AD items

As I said, i don't play her much so I'm sure my order is off or something. Tiamat isn't popular, but I have always felt kinda handicapped by her limited pushing (maybe that's because I usually play awesome pushers, like Sivir or Janna).

I play extremely carefully with Ashe. She's just as squishy as a support, and lacks a solid escape. She can slow her persuers, but the action of turning around and hitting them is a big risk (if Jax is on your tail, that milasecond pause might be all he needs for that leap move). I advise you to play her more carefully than other carries until you are really in domination mode. Also, I suggest Flash and/or ghost.

Good luck!

Sagee Prime

11-10-2010

dorans shield and pot

go back when I have 1350 gold and buy boots and a madreds razor to boost my farming

go back for bf sword when i get enough

go back for zeal and or boots of swiftness

finish infinity edge

blood thirster

from here i can either get blood razor or phantom dancer and then another bloot thirster or phantom dancer. movement speed is a really strong stat for ashe since she has the lowest movement speed in the game. Survivability items to get are banshee's veil, or randuins omen.

Alternate build:

dorans shield
level 1 boots and madreds
Ghosht blade
Emblem of valor and boots of swiftness
black cleaver
infinity edge
blood razor
blood thirster

Zero400

11-10-2010

Long sword->brutalizer-> manamu-> ghostblade->then either banshees veil or high DPS(inf edge or bloodthirster or something).

Grab ghost and teleport(always get teleport for the arrow/tele combo.. =kill most of the time at lvl 6)

this allows her to pown with lots of arrows, push with a lot of volleys and infinite slow

ToastANDeath

11-10-2010

Masteries:
http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/3001420130330100000000000000030140100000000

Summoner Spells:
Flash
Ghost
You're really squishy, so you need to be able to escape enemies who slow/stun you.

Runes:
Red: Armpen
Yellow: Mana regen per level
Blue: Flat Cooldown Reduction
Quints: Flat Health

Skill Order:
1. W
2. Q
3. W
4. E
After this, prioritize R>W>Q>E.

Use your W to harass the enemy champion whenever they aren't behind their minions, but be careful not to use it too much and run yourself OOM. Make sure to utilize your superior range by taking random shots at the enemy champion -- this ought to whittle them down slowly over time to the point where you can get first blood. Whenever you take random shots at an enemy champ, put Q on so you can get several shots on them while they're slowly running away -- don't forget to turn Q off when ever you're not shooting the enemy champion. If they run towards you, just run backwards while intermittently taking shots at them. Your Q will allow you to kite them and get several shots on them before they realize they can't get to you.

If they're about half health come level 6 and you have the mana (make sure you have enough for R, W, and some Q shots), then Ult them in the face and use W and Q to slow and kill them.

Most important of all is this: during team fights YOU are the initiator. Say you're in the mid, every one is there 5vs5. One of the enemy carries gets a little too cocky and ahead of the rest --> ult him. He'll be dead in a matter of seconds when the fight begins. Your arrow is one of the greatest abilities to initiate fights with, just make sure you use it wisely.

NOTE: Just because your ult CAN shoot across the entire map doesn't mean you SHOULD shoot it across the entire map. There are times when I'll fire mine across the map: a tower is getting attacked (so I arrow them in the face), or a teammate is barely escaping alive then I'll sometimes try my luck at it. Otherwise, save your arrow for guaranteed hits, especially team fight engagements late in the game. People most often run forward or backwards in a lane, so shoot your arrow in the direction parallel to the lane (not perpendicular), this will guarantee more hits. If you want to help someone gank with your arrow, feel free to run there in the bush next to the enemy and arrow them from just feet away -- much more effective because it guarantees the hit AND you're there to slow the enemy and do more damage than just the initial arrow.

Item order:
1. Doran's Blade -- Ashe has great range, so you shouldn't be too worried about taking damage in the lane phase and you can push hard. Doran's shield is an alternative if they have a jungler, since you don't want to push as hard and therefore the shield gives more health return than the blade which requires you do damage to get the regeneration effect.

Most importantly make sure you're focusing on last hitting minions like a pro. You should be able to out perform everyone else if you have enough practice at this even though Ashe's attack animation is fairly meh.

2. Get a BF sword ASAP. You should be able to stay in your lane until you have enough last hits to get a BF sword and your level 1 shoes. If not, just work towards getting those first. BF sword is so necessary as your first item besides shoes; it gives you a huge bump in your damage that is integral to playing Ashe.

If after your BF sword you find that you're really taking the hits pretty hard then grab another Doran's Blade and sell it later -- it's worth it for the short boost in health, lifesteal and damage.

3. Boots of swiftness. I find that defensive shoes are unnecessary for Ashe since if she gets stunned/slowed she's pretty much dead anyway. Additionally Boots of Swiftness is absolutely necessary for your kiting.

4. Rush Infinity Edge ASAP. You already have the BF sword, now buy the components whenever you have the money. I like to buy the Cloak then the Pickaxe, since getting crits on people is very important as Ashe. You need to be kiting people the whole game by utilizing your awesome range and your Q and W abilities.

5. After Infinity Edge you need to decide whether you need more offense or defense. Most likely you'll need the latter, so either pick up a Negatron Cloak (which you'll turn into Banshee's Veil later) or save up for a Giant's Belt (which you you'll turn into a Frozen Mallet later). Sure the on hit effect of Mallet seems redundant since you already have your Q ability, but the extra health is nothing to laugh at on top of the increased mana efficiency you have since you don't have to pop your Q ability anymore.

If you are not worried about defense, then I recommend working towards a Last Whisper right after your Infinity Edge. After you finish Last Whisper, you'll notice you're shredding the enemy team. Remember to stay back in team fights and kite as much as possible. You can mop up an entire enemy team with your Q and W abilities with the proper kiting skills.

6. If you never got a defensive item at step 5, get it now. If they have significant AP and/or stuns buy a Banshee's Veil. If they're more on the physical side get working on your Frozen Mallet starting with the Giant's Belt.

Alternatively, if you got a defensive item in step 5, then get your Last Whisper now.

7. Work on your Phantom Dancer. Buy the components as you get money. If after a huge team fight you find you have enough for another BF sword when you return to base, buy it!

8. After finishing your Phantom Dancer, get a Black Cleaver. You should have plenty of attack speed now to make Black Cleaver worth the investment.

9. Buy Red and Green consumables. Note that consumables will auto-apply themselves if your inventory is full (had an Amumu the other day who didn't know this /facepalm)

TeexX

11-10-2010

thanks for all the help and detailed info! i greatly appreciate it!

TeexX

11-10-2010

ToastANDdeath thank you soooo much for all your help

Sagee Prime

11-10-2010

Also the slow on lizard frost shot and frozen mallet stack though there is a diminishing return. you can probably get it to about a ~60-70% slow if you have all three

Canvasofgrey

11-10-2010

I start with level 1 boots and 2 health pots and 1 mana pot. Build straight into Boots of Swiftness, and then go for Damage from there.