Where Angels Fear to Tread [Open RP]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brwn Trout

04-23-2013

"I'am Mardak and Freedoms over rated! "

Mardak begins to walk toward shard with murderous intent in his eyes. The shield in Mardaks left hand crumples to form a large one handed mace with a skeleton head that begins to cackle. In his left hand he begins to twirl the double cutlass.

Sykper

04-23-2013

Due to Mardak's condition, it was difficult for him to feel the change in the air, it was getting colder, far too cold. In fact, he could at least see a small white mist emitting from the mouth of the helmet of Shard whose gaze was strikingly deadly.

"You do not...regret your condition. You have nothing but seething bloodlust, and you pull in other souls to share your fate. Such an existence deserves...punishment. I will strike from you what you cherish most Mardak."

There was no indication of what Shard would do if the undead warrior pressed forward, he was getting closer and closer. There was no way Mardak could deny the possibility of immediate attack if he took another step, Shard's presence could be felt by everyone now. The absolute pressure of death was within Shard's blade as it began to glow slightly in the sheath.

Brwn Trout

04-24-2013

Mardak presses onward not even giving the cold threat Shard Issued a thought. Mardak raises both his weapons to strike at Shard. Mardak was to caught up in his own battle lust it never occured to him that the spirits that were revolving around him started to dissapate, and the green glow from his armor grew a little less bright. "IAM MARDAK IAM INVINCIBLE!!!!"

Sykper

04-24-2013

Almost immediately after Mardak's roar suddenly Shard disappeared from in front of Mardak. For a mere moment even without blinking Shard just vanished from Mardak's sight, his armaments still held above him ready to strike. However, this will likely be the last time Mardak will ever raise his arms...

A long screeching noise like metal against ground was heard behind Mardak, Shard's attack finished in the next moment after disappearing from the undead monster's view, his position was about twenty-five to thirty feet behind Mardak, his sword drawn and glowing blue-

"...."

Nothing was said. Shard simply looked with an empty glance behind him, his left eye seeing the damage he did.

Finally, it set in, as blue lines appeared along the left and right arms of Mardak, just under the armpit up to the shoulder-blade. Shard had unleashed two strikes at such an unparalled speed that cleaved right through Mardak's armor, through both of his arms. Not only that, but an ensuring whirlwind echoing like a sonic boom rang out, the magical winds cut around Mardak but not through him, disappating any other spectral anomalies. Lastly, and most importantly, Mardak felt pain. It wasn't his physical body though. Somehow this blue being damaged his very soul, and he couldn't sense the manifestation of his arms in his soul anymore. It was perhaps more painful than any pain he had experienced in his 'life'.

"You, who savor battle and undeath, can now understand true enslavement. You won't be able to remake your arms anymore, I sent part of your soul to oblivion with that attack. The battle you so desire can never be the same again, this 'enslavement' you cherish will now become a nightmare. It might have been possible if you raised your guard sooner to salvage your arms. But, you choose to ignore my warnings and rage mindlessly..."

Shard's eye narrows slightly-

"However, I won't send you off, you will have to endure this until you yearn to be set free. That, is your punishment Mardak."

Shard relaxed his posture a bit, that last attack he wasn't anticipating using it so soon upon coming into this unfamiliar place. It will take a bit for him to be able to re-use it again. He sheathed his blade and shifted his gaze around, sensing an alarming presence on the surface not too far away, but something else disturbed him, a few things actually above him...

He wasn't sure what to do next...

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2013

"Ah, that'll be harsh to recover from. Beautifully done, I would applaud if he was not, well..." Eredale paused, looking at the sword-wielding warrior who most probably just finished his encounter, and took a sip from the small ball of reddish brown liquid cupped between his hands. "Lute, any progress?"

"There is. The location is connected to a vast number of places, every check I run returns a success. Some of these are not mentioned in the records even. At this rate, I'd dare to assume that it can be linked to anything." The girl was standing next to the pillar, both hands placed on its stone surface. Her braids were vibrating slightly, following a slow rhythm.

"Well, if my expectations are correct, this would be just the tip of the iceberg,"
- Eredale reached out into the air, and produced a round ceramic mug, grinning as he placed the liquid into it and taking another sip, - "Try and check for advanced functions, skip the basics for now."

As the girl nodded, Eredale turned back towards the arena, holding the mug in his hands. The large liquid sphere above the table was already replaced by a plain ceramic teapot. His eyes darted across the sandy field that surrounded his small green sanctuary that he conjured up on spot, and he assessed the present people, each in turn. Most of them were scattered far away from each other, except for the two that just clashed. Each of them was a combatant in their own right, but only few were noteworthy, like the Void swordsman. However, Eredale sat, and didn't make a move bar drinking from the mug time to time.

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2013

((@Eredale: did you missed this little part?))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn Trout View Post
"Another, is stealing what is rightfully mine! what is rightfully STEPHEN RAULKS !!! oh NO oh NO!' says Stephen Raulks "X , Y and, Z find this mage and destroy him!!!" screams Stephen Raulks at the air!"

The three machines begin to bound and run quickly toward the column which looked like it had a garden and some furniture.

1Eredale

04-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryypter View Post
((@Eredale: did you missed this little part?))
(( Well, the robots -are- invisible, and I'm not using any vision aids yet, so I'm giving the first hit. ))

TheOneTrueWaifu

04-25-2013

Scarlet continued to watch the fighting from her comfortable chair, floating high above the ground, she looked down at Eredale and noticed he was drinking something "Clever idea, think I'll have something of my own." She whispered, swirling a finger around in the air as an orb of what appeared to be red wine formed, levitating beside her. Some of the wine made its way into her mouth, where she swished it around inside for a moment before letting out a pleased hum. "Ah, that's good, mmm." She grinned, forming a glass in her hand and pouring some of the wine into it, simply relaxing and enjoying the show.

Sykper

04-27-2013

'Objective changed. Potential threats above could intervene if I initiate the disturbance on the ground.'

Shard looks to a nearby pillar, ancient marks line its entire length straight into the sky. He specifically choose this one out of the prospect of it being the highest, to better see what is observing his actions above. Shard places his hand on the pillar, and punches it to test its durability, it did not waver or quake. In fact, not even a crack appeared, this structure was perhaps too sound. This entire environment seems out of place yet designed to withstand almost everything.

Nevertheless, Shard turned and took a few steps back. Leaving Mardak to his own devices, though there is little the zombie can do now without half his limbs. Abruptly Shard turned and ran, the substance on his body again gave him cutting-air speed as he leapt slightly to implant his feet on the side of the pillar. Without wind-resistance, and his dexterous nature assisting him Shard scaled the pillar. The sound of his feet pacing up was rapid and loud. Three beings of interest were in the sky, he would have to investigate what is up there before determining appropriate measures.

Brwn Trout

04-27-2013

((Internet has been down for awhile, so now prepare to DIE !))

Stephen looks down at the battle "Mardak you weakling since you lost your arms I have no choice but to call in your replacement " says Stephen to the skull " replacement?" whispers Mardak as how hopeless the situation is truly begins to dawn on him. "Mardak you are stuck in the past I merely wanted to bring you to the future, but now with your arms gone you can't fight the future anymore" whispers Stephen smiling. "Steph- Master please....wait .... I" whispers Mardak . " Honestly Mardak you should be thanking me " says Stephen as he removes a small chip and controller and begins to attach them to the skull of Mardaks wife. A red portal desends upon Mardak dragging him away he struggles slightly as it pulls him in. "NO ...no ... not the last of my humanity.." yells Mardak as hes dragged away " You said it your self freedom is over rated" is the last thing Mardak hears befor he desends into the portal. " X, Y,Z halt your advance on the mage, I want the new and improved MARDAK to take care of these two" Says stephen to a small receiver in his clothing. " As you command" says a metalic voice back to stephen.

30 seconds later another red portal opens up in the somewhat distance and out steps Mardak 2.0.

" Targeting computer locking on"

Mardak kneels down and opens his Mandible Claw and a large 50 cal rifle extends out of the opening, on his shoulder the large minigun begins to slowly turn with an electronic hum, " Targets locked says Mardak as single small red dots appear on the other combatants, except for Shard alot of red dots show up on shard.

"Round Two"