Where Angels Fear to Tread [Open RP]

12345612 ... 32
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krokaska

04-20-2013

((There are similarities, but seeing how Krokaska doesn't use sigils and instead directly asks the earth and lightning based spirits for help, I think there are some important differences.))

EDIT: ((Due to my previous experiences with god level characters (mainly gained thanks to FilFire), I also suspect that the area between those pillars is not going to last very long, unless somebody keeps repairing it.))

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2013

((@Eredale: I see. Btw, how is this thread "Ask-related"?))

Sykper

04-20-2013

With sparks of red and blue flickering in the open air, a rift opens, tearing the fabric of space-time in this area. The sand kicks up as small strong winds whirl around and into the rift. Violet-blue is the indicated color of this portal yet it doesn't seem to be anything of this world manifested. Suddenly, the siholette of a figure violently tears through the rift, landing harshly in a kneel in front of it. Someone has come from this rift, which upon his entrance, the rift twists and contorts before dissapating into non-existence.

Red sparks still appear on and off on the new being, something from a higher dimension. As the electricity fades its image begins to take on a better shape, blue armor with piercing red globes for eyes underneath a helmut of a very strong substance. It is rather humanoid, the armor doesn't cover its entire being and the skin appears to be something of a gray fabric, stretching with the muscles underneath. As the being begins to stand the small 'chinging' of metal is heard from its left flank, as a sword underneath an azure cape is revealed. The sheath is long, and the sword is thin and curved slightly.

"...."

The red eyes shift back and forth, upon closer inspection there is the hint of blue outside the red pupils, giving this being the most intimidating look. It says nothing as it gazes at the large skull to its right. It does nothing but survey its surroundings...

'...No life detected. Environment is foreign and unknown. Routes to escape are not apparent. No Judgement will be passed. Action to be taken: Wait and Observe.'

The being thinks to itself as it calmly sits down, its posture alert and cautious.

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2013

(( Well, I do expect the people who usually play with the Ask crowd/Break room/etc. to come here eventually, which should be quite soon.

And yes, it's different to shamanism - shamanism is a form of contacting and negotiating the primal forces of nature, whereas Rune Magic is sort of a 'world code' that they cannot disobey.

If I were to use a metaphor, then if this was an RPG, a normal spell would act just like a normal spell, invoking a natural force at the cost of Mana, and the game may resist it according to circumstances; but Rune Magic is like calling the system console and typing 'invoke [effect] at [target coordinates]' - the game cannot disobey this, and it will comply to the request, but it may cause bugs to appear because the game isn't adjusted for console commands to be used. So, we will have things like aftereffects, fallouts, and climatic shenanigans like what we have on Valoran now.

What supports this theory is that the first Rune War was waged against gods, literally, and the discovery of this 'world code' was what enabled humans to win and survive. The knowledge of it is by far not complete - we only know a few basic symbols and combinations of those, but even they are insanely powerful. Fiddling with them to see if we can combine something new can lead to potentially disastrous things, and that's why the Institute of War has a monopoly on Rune Magic and prohibits all research related to it. ))

FilFire

04-20-2013

((So basically it's the cheat mode version of shamanism, since instead of working together with beings of great power to get what you want you just tell the world "I want this, and I don't care about the consequences, so hop to it."))

Krokaska

04-20-2013

((Actually, to me it sounds like the opposite of what shamans do. Shamans try to communicate with their surroundings and achieve what they want through agreement, while with Rune Magic you force your will upon the world and disregard the damage it receives as result of your actions.

Interesting how both techniques are mostly used to achieve similar goals.))

makmix

04-20-2013

(( Oh ho ho ho ho...... I can finally, finally show the true power of my man Augustus..... Who wants to go at it first? Any takers? ))

Neroth

04-20-2013

((I have multiple characters MADE for this.... cannot decide which one to use. Guess i will give it some time, then show up later.))

Krokaska

04-20-2013

((Makmix, I believe Sykper is waiting for an opponent, if you want to try out your Augustus.))

Sykper

04-20-2013

{{ The only issue I have, like many RP combat scenarios, is the extent of power and logic in the battle. I am certainly standing by with Shard, but he may/may not attack those who enter this place on site. Actually I am going to follow the backstory on him like I always do when considering personality and actions. Back to my original point, I always intend to keep things tightly contested, and think back and forth on abilities used, environmental effects, weaknesses revealed, blah blah blah. But for now, I have someone in the area that won't hesitate to fight back if attacked. }}

12345612 ... 32