Sona help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skull Kid239

Master Recruiter

04-19-2013

Hi, I'm Skullkid239 and I am a TT exclusive player who got tired of 3v3. First off, I'd like to start by saying I love the dominion community, you guys are way nicer than the twisted treeline community!

I recently bought Sona because I've always liked her as a champion, but never got to use her due to 3v3's meta.

I've been looking for guides and builds for Sona, but all I can ever find are Summoners rift builds and outdated guides.

I assumed she was a babysitting machine, stacking support items, but i've been told that AP sona is the way to go .Can anyone give me advice on how to play her in Dominion?

Item builds, level builds etc. would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance, you guys are awesome!

A Slime Appears

04-19-2013

Well, you can play "true" support and stack aura items to try and help your team. I've seen people have success with AD sona, although I'm not sure what her build order would be.

Sauron's guide has this...

Masteries: 9-21-0
Runes: Scaling AD, scaling Health, flat CDR, MS quints
Order: Q->E->W
Items: Sorc's, Iceborn Gauntlet, BFT, Abyssal, Randuin's, Odyn's

So if you were after an AP build, that looks just fine to start. Tweak it as you see fit.

Sauron

04-19-2013

Sona can easily use different runes than that with her base stats being so low now. I think IG and Sweeper are core on her now and the runes should be MPen/armor, but I haven't updated the guide.

Make no mistake, Sona is extremely damaging when built for it. Those Q->powerchord combos hurt squishies bad, and it has a lot of range to it. Some Sonas prefer Lich Bane, but I think the IG kitelord route is better.

Volandum

04-19-2013

I'd pick up Bulwark as the favoured MR item, with Athene's and Mercs as a second option and Veil reserved for Kassadin games.

MyDeadGrandma

04-19-2013

IG Muranma manatank ftw.

lbgsloan

04-21-2013

Usually run hybrid pen and masteries for Sona, with armour seals and mres glyphs, as Sona can really put out a lot of damage early to mid game. I go ring start, boots, sheen, CDR boot upgrade, IG, Hextech Sweeper*, go from there. You can build more supporty/tank with Bulwark and Rylai's, or go more damage with some combo of Abyssal/Void/Wooglet's. Get speed glyph on boots at some point as well. You don't really need chalice unless the enemy team is excessively AP heavy and you need mercs for boots; ring is enough mana regen. You do need some sort of mana regen though. I dunno about BFT on her, it isn't wasted on her but you'd better hope the enemy doesn't notice you're about as durable as a wet paper sack while building it.

*build it first if you need the anti-stealth/trap ASAP