Solid Volibear build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volandum

04-22-2013

You sure you want BFT instead of, say, Nashor's?

Rylai's seems to have very little synergy with volibear.

Critical Error

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-22-2013

Honestly, it depends on what your team needs. Is there nobody else to initiate? Go tank; but not sunfire, there are way stronger tank items than sunfire, and the damage is negligible, and costs a lot of the items value. Is there already a strong initiator like Mumu or Blitz? Go beefy-bruiser; phage always (if not full mallet), and items like wit's end are great, AS really shines when you pop on that ult and start smacking things for 100 extra damage that chains.

I will say that SV does make you ridiculously tankier, especially against a heavy tank set-up. Though, if your team needs damage, it actually provides very little.

Camen Sieder

04-22-2013

start lantern and you will have all the armor, dmg, sight (for those pesky shrooms and invis champs) and lifesteal you need for level 3-7.

never buys: sunfire-atma's, AP, anythign with crit unless it's trinity force.

must buys: kindlegem, lantern (just the active bush check makes this item stupidly OP on dominion. It's like hextech sweeper for AP's), giants belt, phage

for the kindlegem you can go a few ways with it, but you're probably best off going with locket, but like mentioned earlier you could opt for more dmg from zeke's, but that item isn't the most gold efficient. If you're good with actives then pick up the locketof solari because that item is a substiture for garrision when you're diving and with voli it's easy to go into beast mode and feel the urge to just rush everything you see. Locket is a perfect item for voli.

I would start off with lantern, get boots 1 and then work on a phage. After that I would pick up a kindlegem and from there it's FM, locket or visage. Visage is good and all, but the protection locket gives your team is insane. Also might want to consider aegis as it's a perfect fit for him. If your team is refusing to group for fights then I would probably opt for the aegis and pick up visage instead of locket because it will

A lot of ways to build him and it mostly comes down to what it happening in game. If your team doesn't need you to be tanky you could even pick up a brutalizer after your frozen mallet and kindlegem for the extra cooldown. A lot of options with Volibear and it's mostly dependent on how the game is unfolding.

Also might want to run ghost and revive on him with speed quints, defensive mastery tree with 9 in for armor pen, AD marks, flat yellow armor, flat blue magic d

When you play this champ you want to feel like you were unkillable or dam near close to it and a complete terror in team fights. If you don't it's most likely because of your build.

blue tag

04-22-2013

i build him giant belt and boots first then go
Berserker's Greaves
Kitae's Bloodrazor
Statikk Shiv
game is normaly over by then.... if not
wits end
then frozen
no need for slow he has one. the belt gives just enough heallth to make his passive do somehthing and then he just tears up the game. normaly you melt them and are pretty tanky with out much help from items anyways.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue tag View Post
Kitae's Bloodrazor
Kitae's is a trap item. It's trash on just about everyone. It isn't even good on the champs it seems like it might be good on ( teemo, kog, kayle )

wingstreet

04-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
mmk, I sent a friend request. hopefully he will accept. his lolmatches stats were pretty impressive. although I do find it odd that he uses Trinity Force on Volibear.
im assuming it's pretty early s2. triforce, sv, atmas was really solid at that point. it's champs like voli that make me sad they removed ionic spark

mopeas

04-25-2013

Just tried your build Sakuri. I really like it! What boots do you build?

Also I did feel that visage made a difference.

Darmival

04-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingstreet View Post
im assuming it's pretty early s2. triforce, sv, atmas was really solid at that point. it's champs like voli that make me sad they removed ionic spark
Ya, I loved Ionic Spark on Volibear and oddly enough, Rammus. Statikk Shiv is nice, but not as cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopeas View Post

From my testing I feel that the Visage doesn't make enough of a difference to warrant the investment. It isn't horrible, but the gold can be spent elsewhere.

--------------------------------------------

My current build is something like

Core Items :

Boots of choice ( Greaves or Tabi/Treads )
Lantern
Zeke's for team, or Spirit Visage if you are desperate for MR
An attack speed item : Statikk Shiv for damage and movespeed OR Wit's End ( if you need more magic resist )

Other two slots are free for other options

Health : Frozen Mallet if you want the slow, Randuin's Omen if you need armor
Wildcard Slot : Fill with whatever niche item is relevant to your match

* I must note that I have about 10% CDR from runes and masteries so I don't have to buy tons of CDR items.

** Random thought

Volibear might be a champion that could literally do nothing except build items based off Kindlegem pretty much and it be viable

Boots, Lantern, Visage, Zeke's, Locket, Shurelya's Reverie ... just make sure you are not using any cdr runes or masteries since they would be completely wasted.

Sakuri Ono

04-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopeas View Post

Glad you like it. XD See my post near the top of page two for boot suggestions as I use an 'if/then' method for choosing boots. I don't really have any one pair I just default to.

MMKH

04-26-2013

Try Nashor's Tooth and Statikk Shiv with some defense items like Sunfire Cape, Frozen Mallet, and Spirit Visage. You may be surprised at your damage output if you aren't being focused.