Solid Volibear build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duelpower View Post
Shoot a buddy request to "cronodragon". He's a high elo former volibear main who didn't use revive and still pounded faces in.

http://lolmatches.com/player/na/21184788/Cronodragon
His volibear stats are rather scary looking.
mmk, I sent a friend request. hopefully he will accept. his lolmatches stats were pretty impressive. although I do find it odd that he uses Trinity Force on Volibear.

Sakuri Ono

04-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
Additional question : what boots do you suggest using ?
That mostly depends on what I'm fighting against.

Ninja Tabi is the enemy team is mostly physical or has two heavy-threats reliant upon AA.

Merc Treads if against high AP comps or high CC comps (or I'm having a bad-juke day; a CC'd Voli is a useless Voli).

Swiftness situationally; if I feel I need the mobility to catch my targets and/or I feel the team is far enough ahead that we'll win team fights without me needing the extra bulk.

Lucidity in those rare circumstances where the team's ahead, I'm not taking heavy fire, and I have no problems catching anyone. The extra 15% CDR is really, really nice but with my personal play style I have a hard time giving up any of my bulk to squeeze in more than 20% out of normal items.

Luninareph

04-21-2013

Sakuri Ono, why do you not take Frozen Mallet? I've always assumed it was a natural pick on Voli.

Sakuri Ono

04-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luninareph View Post
Sakuri Ono, why do you not take Frozen Mallet? I've always assumed it was a natural pick on Voli.
More personal taste than anything. The item I'd likely replace for it would be Atma's; but I've been partial to having that little 15% crit chance late game simply because Voli's AS allows plenty of chances for it to proc.

Even with a minimum of 20% CDR Voli's Q and E come quickly enough off CD that I've never really felt the need to throw additional slows into the mix for sticking to anyone. (Swiftness boots basically more being for closing that initial gap then staying in the fight.)

Luninareph

04-21-2013

Fair enough. I've always built Mallet as his first item (starting with Giant's Belt + Boots is usually a good time up top,) but I've never built Lantern on him, either. I'm excited to try it sometime soon.

Do you ever bother upgrading Lantern into Lightbringer? If so, when?

Sakuri Ono

04-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luninareph View Post
Fair enough. I've always built Mallet as his first item (starting with Giant's Belt + Boots is usually a good time up top,) but I've never built Lantern on him, either. I'm excited to try it sometime soon.

Do you ever bother upgrading Lantern into Lightbringer? If so, when?
If nothing else I love the Lantern just for the ability to check mid brush without face-checking or praying that someone else built a vision item in Solo Q.

Lightbringer is typically dead last on the list of things to upgrade. The 30 AD and passive upgrade usually isn't worth giving up priority to anything in the build line, even Atma's. The only time I ever consider upgrading it early is under the following conditions:

-There is a Teemo or AP Shaco on the enemy team.
-Their traps are wrecking hell on my team.
-No one is building Sweeper.

Voli can eat shrooms/boxes fairly well and in a normal match just 'sweeper' checking the main walkways on occasion is usually more than enough. However sometimes you just wind up with the team that seems to have an obsession with stepping on every shroom the little rat lays down. XD Only in that case is it more beneficial to dump out the extra 1K to do more proactive mushroom clearing.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy Wolf View Post
Listen to sakuri he plays voli really well, ,Spirit Visage is #1 on him aswell as some form of giants belt item

Rand> sunfire in most cases, But if you can determine when sunfire is better (when you cant drop 3k+ for rand and need the bulk right away) . it is always a good pickup.

K so I don't mean to be rude since you were the one to suggest Sakuri's advice.

I checked Sakuri's recent history and there is not a single Volibear game there.

I checked the www.lolmatches.com and when I checked the Dominion filter I got this return ( http://lolmatches.com/player/na/35125547/Sakuri+Ono )

Champion = Volibear
Popularity = 5.15%
Matches Played = 5
Win Ratio = 40
KDA Ratio = 1.892
KD Ratio = 0.757
Avg. Kills = 5.6
Avg. Deaths = 7.4
Avg. Assists = 8.4

Why should I exactly listen to this person ?

Sakuri Ono

04-21-2013

LolMatches does an incredibly poor job of recording champion data unless you're running it 24/7. Which I do not.

Proof:

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/35125547#history

You'll notice at the tail end of the match history I have at least three Dominion games with Lulu showing yes?

Now go back and look at my LolMatches champion data under 'Lulu'. According to that I've only ever played 'one' game with her in the entirely of my Dominion experience.

3rd Party Data Records =/= Accurate.

Darmival

04-21-2013

hmm.. good point. sorry, my mistake.

Foxley

04-22-2013

BFT
Sweeper
Lich Bane
Rylai's
Twin Shadows
Sorc Shoes

You're a wizard, Voli.