Solid Volibear build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2013

I know Volibear is not a top tier champion for Dominion, but I love his skill set for some reason.

I also love using item(s) that proc lightning damage bolts such as Statikk Shiv. I think it is fun to use those type of items with his Ultimate which makes more lightning bolts.

Anyone know of a good build for him ? ( masteries, runes, items ? )

iPooUnicorns

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2013

Kindlegem Boots Pots Start (Or you can try Kindlegem Ruby Crystal pots)
Core:
Spirit Visage
Randuin's Omen

Other items:
Frozen Mallet
Atma's Impaler
Bulwark
Frozen Heart

Sakuri Ono

04-19-2013

Personally I favor viewing Volibear more as a Bruiser-Tank, going: Lantern -> Visage -> Sunfire -> Atma's <-> Wits.

Wits usually comes sooner than Atma's if I need the extra MR and Volibear loves the added AS to boot. Sometimes I'll utilize Randiun's as my third before Sunfire if the enemy team is really heavy on auto-attackers. While a lot of people don't view Sunfire as an optimal item I find the passive works wonders in combination with Volibear's W. Every additional 1% of their health you can tick makes the execute hurt all the harder. And considering you can out heal multiple bursters with your passive...those ticks go out quite often.

Volandum

04-19-2013

Hmm, Sunfire I think would give you significantly less stuff than brutaliser + chain vest/warden's + ruby or the like.

Fancy Wolf

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuri Ono View Post
Personally I favor viewing Volibear more as a Bruiser-Tank, going: Lantern -> Visage -> Sunfire -> Atma's <-> Wits.

Wits usually comes sooner than Atma's if I need the extra MR and Volibear loves the added AS to boot. Sometimes I'll utilize Randiun's as my third before Sunfire if the enemy team is really heavy on auto-attackers. While a lot of people don't view Sunfire as an optimal item I find the passive works wonders in combination with Volibear's W. Every additional 1% of their health you can tick makes the execute hurt all the harder. And considering you can out heal multiple bursters with your passive...those ticks go out quite often.
Listen to sakuri he plays voli really well, ,Spirit Visage is #1 on him aswell as some form of giants belt item

Rand> sunfire in most cases, But if you can determine when sunfire is better (when you cant drop 3k+ for rand and need the bulk right away) . it is always a good pickup.

Darmival

04-21-2013

Spirit Visage isn't that amazing on him though

The only time Visage really helps him out is during his Passive Proc ( I think it is 30% of max hp over 6 seconds ). But dominion has that -20% self-healing debuff. I am not sure in what order the game calculates the modifiers but ss Visage really worth the item slot ?

I actually prefer Guinsoo's Rageblade over Visage on Volibear on Dominion. The item is actually pretty strong for him.

The passives:

Passive: Your basic attacks or spellcasts grant you 4% attack speed and 4 ability power for 8 seconds. This bonus stacks up to 8 times.. - It is mostly the extra attack speed that helps here, but the AP isnt a complete waste.

Unique Passive: Falling below 50% health grants you 20% attack speed, 10% life steal and 10% spell vamp until you exit combat. 30 second cooldown. - This item not only can proc up to 4x as much as Volibear's passive - it procs sooner and lasts longer and thus can end up healing more health.

Fancy Wolf

04-21-2013

CDR.... once you learn its importance, you will understand why SV, and yes you need the %20 healing, to negate the scars effect, hence why Its core on ZAC

Sakuri Ono

04-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
Spirit Visage isn't that amazing on him though

The only time Visage really helps him out is during his Passive Proc ( I think it is 30% of max hp over 6 seconds ). But dominion has that -20% self-healing debuff. I am not sure in what order the game calculates the modifiers but ss Visage really worth the item slot ?
20% increased healing (with the 12% LS from lantern) is pretty much the key factor to Voli's anti-siege strength.

Additionally SV+Passive's heal allows you to recover from disengages that you'd otherwise die from taking the initial 'backing off' poke. Rageblade only spikes your healing if you're actively attacking something. Rageblade 'might' be decent on a Bruiser-Fighter Voli but as I said, Bruiser-Tank is more how I feel comfortable with him. XD

Darmival

04-21-2013

alrighty, I will give Visage a shot.

I was already using Lantern on him tho. It is all around solid imo

Additional question : what boots do you suggest using ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy Wolf View Post
CDR.... once you learn its importance, you will understand why SV, and yes you need the %20 healing, to negate the scars effect, hence why Its core on ZAC
You do realize that other items than Visage give CDR right ?

Duelpower

04-21-2013

Shoot a buddy request to "cronodragon". He's a high elo former volibear main who didn't use revive and still pounded faces in.

http://lolmatches.com/player/na/21184788/Cronodragon
His volibear stats are rather scary looking.