What's the most successful way to play Lee Sin?

Assassin 13 15.48%
Bruiser 31 36.90%
Tank 17 20.24%
I don't play Lee Sin or I hate him too 23 27.38%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

I hate Lee Sin in ARAM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Youniverse

04-18-2013

Anyone here do well with him in ARAM? Do you play him as the assassin that he's classified as by Riot?

Out of all the times I've played Lee sin in ARAM, my most success is when he's built purely as a tank. My sole purpose is to get right in the middle and E everyone. I then explode because even with tank items, I am still squishy as hell due to having assassin stats. I do very little damage and my utility is useless if the enemy team is comprised of mainly AP/AD casters.

I start off with aegis, then go to warmogs, mercury treads, (then either magic resist or armor depending on enemy comp). My build order is R, E, W, then Q last.

In SR, Lee sin is beast mode as a jungler but I have had no success with him in ARAM. Any tips?

FDru

04-18-2013

You can build DPS if the enemy team doesn't have enough CC to lock you down. He's probably one of the safest melee to do so with. Q in, AOE, shield out.

Otherwise build tank. HP runes, defense masteries, Warmog's, Mallet, Aegis, Sunfire/Thornmail. There's no way you should be dying fast with that kind of build, and you can throw in Hexdrinker and Black Cleaver for more damage.

innervation

04-18-2013

I've come to believe that it's a playstyle thing with lee sin. You sound like me. The only time I have success with lee sin is full tank. My brother on the other hand starts brutalizer and then rushes triforce, bt, or hydra and does quite well for himself.

Personally, I just cant stand to get a good initiator/tank like lee sin and not actually initiate with him. If you want to play him as an assassin, you have to play like an as*hole (they both have ass in them, so you know it's true). Selfishly. No initiating. No kicking the carry back into the team. Just camp the brush like a sissy and clean up once the fight is part way progressed.

I just can't bring myself to play that way -_-

Beravin

04-18-2013

I'm awful with him and usually end up building him as a tank because of it. He is one of the few champions I have trouble playing with on 220 latency. That said, I have seen others use him exceptionally well as an Assassin. Mind you, he takes a lot more skill to play than most other champions, and that skill is what matters the most - not the build itself.

Most of the players that do well with him, in my experience, are the ones who hide in the back and jump on the carry after the other team's frontline has gone in. He... Well, assassinates the target, then runs for his life and waits for an opportunity to do it again. But, again, being familiar / good with him, specifically in ARAM, matters more than the way you build him.

I mean, I play him as a tank simply because I'm horrible with him, and I try to mitigate how poorly I play by making myself harder to kill. If you want to be a good Lee Sin, then don't do that, you need to play him as he was meant to be played, as an Assassin, and learn what he can and can't do all over again - but this time, do it in an ARAM environment.

Kalarepa

04-19-2013

I don't think, there is one answer for that. If you're the only guy in team, who works as a tank - go tank. But if your team is already tanky, but they need some extra damage - go AD.
It also depends, how good you are. AD Lee Sin takes more skill, Imo, because you need to be much more careful.

moltres27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beravin View Post
I'm awful with him and usually end up building him as a tank because of it. He is one of the few champions I have trouble playing with on 220 latency.
over again - but this time, do it in an ARAM environment.
i went 9/2 at 300 ping got a quadra with kat at 400 ping, latency got nothing to do

Kalarepa

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltres27 View Post
i went 9/2 at 300 ping got a quadra with kat at 400 ping, latency got nothing to do
You're talking about Katarina, the easiest hero in ARAM to get quadra/penta with (her and Yi). Getting quadra on her with bad ping or not doesn't really prove anything. Especially, that skill cap between Kata and Lee Sin is pretty gigantic.

Beravin

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltres27 View Post
If you think me playing on 220 latency would be the same as me playing on 100 latency, then I want to meet your supplier. I've played with an under 100 latency connection before, and it might as well be a completely different game. Stuff that I found difficult to do with 220 latency, such as Alistar W -> Q, or Lux instant E detonation, was a breeze with 100 latency.

trollinginlederp

10-14-2013

Omg Lee sin is one of the funnest for me to play in ARAM, I was playing with a lot of lag and still did a lot of damage and got fed.
I built tank/ad and I spammed Q, then E, then W in cycles. And his ultimate hits a lot of people because the whole ARAM game is constant 5v5 teamfights.