Another instance of the client is running..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tupples

04-13-2013

every time I close the client with CMD+Q, which is kind of a reflex, I get this message 10x before I can open it. Pretty annoying. Right now I can't open it at all.

RSisCOOL

04-13-2013

open up task manager and try quit any LoL related processes, maybe UserKernel or LoLClient LoL launcher basically anything LoL related then try reboot.

Sentarinku

04-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaskForceWolf View Post
every time I close the client with CMD+Q, which is kind of a reflex, I get this message 10x before I can open it. Pretty annoying. Right now I can't open it at all.
Same issue, but I have narrowed it down slightly. Something is getting left in memory without being unrefenced. What, I don't know yet.

I use a tool called "Memory Clean" (free, AppStore), it fixes up dead references in your RAM to give you the most of your memory. If I use it after closing the LolClient, then I never have this problem.

This also leads me to think that the client checks it's memory footprint to see if it still running, and not running processes (ps ax|grep LoLClient; for example). I'd be interested to know, as I've compared processes when the client is running and when it is not.