Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hi, I'm talon.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zanzen Ahji

05-13-2013

Quote:
Dragonsafe:
Are you sure about that?

When you have 6 items on talon you deal about 2-4k damage in under a second depending on how glass cannon you're willing to go.

Yes because presumably the enemies will also have at least 4 items, even if you're insanely ahead. You won't kill bruisers in under a second as talon and as soon as you're out of your stealth you are gonna blow up because you went glass cannon.

Mojo Joe

05-13-2013

♫ My name is Blitzcrank - I get banned all day ♫
♫ I'm just a little too good - so I can never play ♫

Sometimes making champs too good is a bad thing.

Warrikon

05-13-2013

phreak has been waiting ages to do that.

Super Explosion

05-13-2013

Quote:
Warrikon:
phreak has been waiting ages to do that.

Heh, he's just be staring at the Talon winrate counter every single day until it finally got up to ~5 for the day.

Chibodee Crocket

05-13-2013

Quote:
Mojo Joe:
♫ My name is Blitzcrank - I get banned all day ♫
♫ I'm just a little too good - so I can never play ♫

Sometimes making champs too good is a bad thing.

♫ My name is Tresh and because of me Blitzcrank never gets played at high elo anymore♫

onboardtonowhere

05-13-2013

Quote:
Phreak:
Hi, I'm Talon. I have the fifth highest win rate in the game at the moment, but no one's bothered to try me out seriously yet.

Except you know he has below 40% win rate in plat +. Don't be tripping phreak we all know talon is just a pubstomp champion and rapes in bronze. But seriously speaking he's trash tier.

Super Explosion

05-13-2013

Quote:
Zanzen Ahji:
Yes because presumably the enemies will also have at least 4 items, even if you're insanely ahead. You won't kill bruisers in under a second as talon and as soon as you're out of your stealth you are gonna blow up because you went glass cannon.

A lot of people don't realize that Talon's best assassination tool (his ult) is also his best escape.

That's like pretty much the reason why he's less capable as an assassin than Zed and especially Kha'Zix.

Kha'Zix has tons of escapes which are not his primary damage tools.

So he can actually survive the assassination process.

--------------------------

Talon's also an AoE assassin.

Just think about it.

But other than the incongruity, it also makes it so they can't really make his ult and Rake do as much damage because they're AoE.

AlphaFerric

05-13-2013

Hi, I'm talon. If I get BC and LW, I can shred tanks and still do insane damage to the rest of the enemy team thanks to sweet aoe. Oh, BT you say? Yeah I get tons of great uses from that item, considering the scalar on my ult.

Sinspurch

05-13-2013

Quote:
Phreak:
Hi, I'm Talon. I have the fifth highest win rate in the game at the moment, but no one's bothered to try me out seriously yet.

You have to consider that there is over 100 champions, which btw are used across every spectrum. If players took a look to see which champions have the highest win rate and ACTUALLY play those champions, then you'd see them in almost every game or other game. If players truely read the GD and the Dev Tracker then you would surely see a rise in Talon players, maybe even thread to nerf him.

Venixor

05-13-2013

Remember what scarra said? Something about him not welcoming nerfs/buffs to help the low elo.
I think of it as talon being like akali, although less pubstomp.
I don't really have much of a good reason to give input but I do believe talon is not very strong.
My only real reasons for saying this is watching twitch streams where talon doesn't really excel like an assassin should.