Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hi, I'm talon.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hexten

04-23-2013

Quote:
Zahki:
What...

Pros don't play champions because they're fun, they play champions that are strong and fit into certain team compositions. They say "I will pick this champion because with the team we have, and the team the opposition has, this pick will give us the best chance of winning". Don't you think it's strange that in the hundreds of professional games played since the start of S3 not a single professional mid player in the world has ever thought "I will pick Talon because he will give us the best chance of winning this game". Not one. And it's not like they don't pick slightly underpowered champions from time to time, even Ziggs got played despite clearly not being a top tier champ.

The only champions who are in Talons situation as champions who are never picked are absolute dumpsters like Sion and Heirmdinger, champions so terrible their only role in the game are comedy picks for solo queue.

If you think thats a sign that Talon is fine then I dunno what to say really.

This is unlikely to work. It's not like Talon was a popular pick before Zed and Kha'Zix came along. In fact it's the opposite, Zed and Kha showed there was a place for AD assassins at the top level of play, the fact that Talon couldn't even fill that niche when he had zero competition just shows how poorly he's regarded by the best players.

Good post. Another thing to add is, you wouldn't want to dumb down the strength of a role just so the underdogs can compete. That just makes the role itself overall weaker.

I think Kha and Zed are in a fine spot. They make the role of being an AD assassin have presence in the game, even at tourney's. Other AD assassins should be up to their level, not the other way around.

Coom

04-23-2013

He has been picked in competitive games in the past. I don't remember him winning any of them thought HUE.

Also... be careful what you wish for. See Karma.

;_; tears

DrewRoid

04-23-2013

Woo show Talon some love

Titiln

04-23-2013

Quote:
Coom:
He has been picked in competitive games in the past. I don't remember him winning any of them thought HUE.

Also... be careful what you wish for. See Karma.

;_; tears

....Karma was actually used competitively before her rework hit; she was only bad as a support, she was a great AP mid

Bregan

04-23-2013

i do really well as talon. its funny.

TaIont

04-23-2013

bump

Titiln

04-23-2013

@riot pwyff, could you like, forward this to the balance team pls?

ty

Zahki

04-23-2013

bump

Aolong Hong

04-24-2013

200+ Upvotes on OP and no red?

Titiln

04-24-2013

riot doesnt love talon