Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hi, I'm talon.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Titiln

04-18-2013

I'm a physical AD assasin, who's never ever been picked in any tournament, and I am arguably the worst assasin in the game.
Riot cared so little about me, that my damage amplification wasn't working for over a year, and no one noticed.

People didn't hate me, they hated cleaver.

I was ripped apart by the next slew of nerfs, ratios reduced, large amounts of base damage removed.
I'm extremely easy to defeat in lane, just start cloth+ pots 5 and you're done.

I have the worst DoT in the game ( 10 damage over 7 seconds)
I have fairly large mana costs.
I only deal physical damage, and I have no magical damage to help against armor rushes.
My base stats are meh.
Rengar clears better and safer than me in jungle (says a lot huh)
I can't toplane effectively.
I can't blink to wards.
My passive doesn't mesh with my kit at all (its a tanks passive, on an assasin. It only applies on AAs
The damage amplification on my E is pointless.
I can't even counter midlane effieciently due to seekers Armguard.
My only "escape" is a two second stealth linked to my ultimate, that I cant even juke well with because my ult tells you where exactly I'm going.

Yet time and time again, other champions in much better spots than I, are buffed/fixed/ looked at.
while I recieve absolutely nothing.
At all.

Not even a single red post considering my position.

NasusxRenek Yaoi

04-18-2013

665038 665037

Shiny Goggles

04-18-2013

His Q has good scaling
talon can still assassinate squishies
he just cant lane as good
think of him like kassadin

talons main problem is that he has really good scaling
but bad base damage
meaning he has to snowball his lane if he wants dominance

X1zz3l

04-18-2013

I approve dis
Talon has no real escape and still can't burst down squishies unless fed enough
Additionally, his teamfight potential got screwed due to those ult nerfs
I really want him to be buffed back again because, like the OP said, it was cleaver not Talon

Cagil

04-18-2013

A good talon is scary good. His passive is a bit weak, but he destroys squishies so fast with his full combo. Rake into a cutthroat and then Q and then ult, wait for CDs or run if the blades will kill them. He's not a in a terrible spot. Once you get your B.F. sword you're going to be able to farm better and get kills easier. It's not hard to get enough money for a brutalizer and a BF sword at mid especially

Titiln

04-18-2013

Quote:
Shiny Goggles:
His Q has good scaling
talon can still assassinate squishies
he just cant lane as good
think of him like kassadin

talons main problem is that he has really good scaling
but bad base damage
meaning he has to snowball his lane if he wants dominance

all of his abilities only scale with bonus AD.

so he cant really bully anyone around until after your 2nd or 3rd buy early game.

He cant suddenly stop people from rushing seekers armgaurd (Remember the whole chain vest joke thing? Yeah, its like that, but makes it easier for other people to still be able to kill you)

All of his core items either got nerfed, or upped in price.

It's funny, because all of a sudden assassins' pick rate has increased substantially in tourny play, but no one has used talon.

IS1084a7f8a9ded5776396e

04-18-2013

OP is obviously not good with Talon.. I've seen some Talons wreck complete face with ease... No reason to nerf or buff him from the recent ones I've seen, if your good with him he's good if your bad, he's bad although this applies to like every champion lol.

Qualthwar

04-18-2013

Quote:
Titiln:
I am arguably the worst assasin in the game.

Evelynn says hello.

Titiln

04-18-2013

Quote:
Vigorous Poundin:
OP is obviously not good with Talon.. I've seen some Talons wreck complete face with ease... No reason to nerf or buff him from the recent ones I've seen, if your good with him he's good if your bad, he's bad although this applies to like every champion lol.

I'm guessing the games you played in, people rushed their dorans rings and etc, complete ignored all armor items, and then let talon farm?

Is that it?

Delbuns

04-18-2013

Just had a game where we won 4v5 because our talon absolutely wrecked their other team, went 22-3 and ended up with a penta-kill at one point. It's the player that makes the champ.