Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Please do something about garen.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kioller

Recruiter

11-10-2010

i play sona alot, and even i have no trouble with garens anymore. as another said, i hit him with an auto attack EVERY TIME I SEE HIS BIG ASS. eventually he will do 1 of 2 things. 1. not notice and get himself killed cuz he thinks he is regen hp. or 2. he will totally stay outa the lane, and sit in the bush for retarted amounts of time. making him get barely any gold, and posing no threat to you.
PS dont face check to be sure he is there!

Nocalex

11-10-2010

hes not impossible to kill. Try playing him before you rage about him. He is rather tough, but his dps is way lower than a dps champion and he is not nearly as tanky as lets say a rammus or chogath. Without his ult he literally has no killing power. Early game his q and e can do a bit of damage but by the time the guy has 2 sunfires and substantial magic resist with no AD his q and e are absolutely nothing, again without his ult he cant kill jack. Just be cautious early game and late game try to keep you distance if you think he has his ult, or git some magic resist yourself. Its always good to get atleast one defense item even if you arent a tank.

DeoSama

Recruiter

11-10-2010

Just give garen mana. Problem solved.

Borethor

11-10-2010

Get a Madred's. He's done. Same with Morde. Garen is a Mordekaiser 2.0.

Just get Madred's. l2p

Borethor

11-10-2010

Quote:
DeoSama:
Just give garen mana. Problem solved.

That would make him EXTREMELY UP. Are you insane?

That's like giving the ninjas mana.. Or Tryndamere mana.

Probably the dumbest comment I've ever seen.

Tulki

11-10-2010

How about instead of demanding nerfs for Garen you simply adapt to him like you would to any other champion? (you DO try to adapt, don't you?)

1) Stop walking into the bushes expecting to come out with full health.
2) Stop standing on judgement while meleeing him.
3) Use your CC on him and he's dead.
4) He does NOT do carry damage when built as a tank. Those are sunfires, not judgement. ANNIE gets enough base armour to ignore 1/3 of judgement since it is physical.

Chachapot

11-10-2010

lets see what garen has

-built in resist and armor
-damage reduction spell
-good aoe damage that makes him immune to slow
-really good ult damage.
-passive that allows him to stay in his lane and regen without going b
-gets tank items.
-silence
-speeed increasing ability

take away his built in resist.. reduce his damage reduction spell and nerf his ult.

either that or take away his silence and speed increase and make his q just do damage.

dbx10

11-10-2010

Garen's concept is flawed in itself. He deals insane damage without any damage items, and is far too easy to play. Spending every bit on tankign items will effectively make any garen close to unstoppable and it's simply ridiculous to think Riot thought this wasn't going to completely change the game.

It's just ridiculous, most people keep saying he's fine because they play him and see nothing wrong with him from their end.

Tulki

11-10-2010

Quote:
Chachapot:
lets see what garen has

-built in resist and armor
-damage reduction spell
-good aoe damage that makes him immune to slow
-really good ult damage.
-passive that allows him to stay in his lane and regen without going b
-gets tank items.
-silence
-speeed increasing ability

take away his built in resist.. reduce his damage reduction spell and nerf his ult.

either that or take away his silence and speed increase and make his q just do damage.

Let's see what Nasus has

- An infinitely snowballing melee augment.
- An instant cast shut down ability for carries.
- An AoE spell that lets Nasus farm and create areas of denial by lowering armour.
- An ultimate that grants him enormous damage, counters tanks, and gives him bonus health.
- Oh derp, he has a passive that lets him lifesteal and stay in lane too!

You can point out the strengths of any champion and make an impressive list.

Of your list, you said:

- Really good ult damage.
+ This is an ult. It's supposed to have "really good damage". Cho'gaths is even better since it deals true damage, scales, and in almost all instances will outdamage Garen's ultimate. Cho'gath even gets bonus health out of the deal.

- gets tank items.
+ I don't know what you mean by this. Anybody can buy tank items.

- Silence.
+ Yes, many characters can silence enemies. Hell, Fiddlesticks can silence up to 10 enemies from a distance. Malzahar also has a ranged silence. Cho'gath has a cone silence that deals decent damage with high AP. Garen has to get in melee range.

- A speed boost.
+ How else is he going to close the distance when his two core damage abilities require close range, and his ultimate only has a low range?

Rockandshock

11-10-2010

the only problem i have with garen is his early ranks of his spin/sword dance does way to much damage. If you lane against him and he spins on you within the first couple levels thats half your hp by itself. Thats the only beef i have with him.