Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Please do something about garen.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FalseAscension

11-10-2010

Whenever I say this I get called a noob and get all sorts of rude remarks. but I don't understand why garen needs to be as good as he is. his damage is crazy, his ult destroys, and he can tank like it's nothing. at low lvl's I've had garens tower dive me like it's nothing and walk away from it just to go stand outside of combat and be back at full health. but I think since he's not even classified as a tank then he should have his tanking abilities taken away. All people do is stack sunfire capes, get a little magic resist and bam, unkillable. And, I'm tired of how many champions there are in this game but garen comes up in every single match.

painboots

11-10-2010

I agree, nerf his passive and take away his tankyness. Either make him a tank or make him a dps. But please not both.

Hurt Me So Good

11-10-2010

If you're low on hp. Garen WILL dive and ulti your face off.

You have to be really careful when you're playing against Garen.

I too, however, admit he is annoying to play against.

Takomancer

Recruiter

11-10-2010

I agree on garen's passive needing some adjustments. He can stay in lane and harass forever. Also, the fact that he can tank and do carry amount of damage seems too ridiculous to me.

These Pretzels

11-10-2010

When playing against Garen you have to keep 7 things in mind.

His Q, W, E, R, his passive, and any surrounding lanemates of his or mias. Then again, you should be wary of any of these 7 things against any champion.

Mind you, knowing that you're playing against a Garen should make you double think face-checking that bush.

This is the part where I get flamed.

Garen is fine as he is. It's just that a majority of players refuse to buy survivability of any kind. Magic resist makes his ult peter out, and armor makes his spinning to win... well, I can't think of anything witty to say, so, it makes it do less damage. Huzzah!

Reaper of Kings

Recruiter

11-10-2010

Garren is fine as he is. He is an early game champion. Have patience and get past lvl 12 and he does no damage. O.O watch out for his ult.... that's 1 move. 1 out of 4. I kill garrens all the time because I am patient and wait for the right tome to kill.

warmasher

11-10-2010

bah garen smaren....... a stun or snare and garen is out, and if you kill him off early enough early game it ruins the entire game for him. And for his passive, keep hitting him with a Auto attack or range move, even akalis shourd gets rid of it.

DeadlyD0right

11-10-2010

he just stacks health and armor and he does the same if not more dmg than me.

Ramanas

11-10-2010

Quote:
DeadlyD0right:
he just stacks health and armor and he does the same if not more dmg than me.

If he's stacking armor he has no MR. Any caster will tear him apart.

And unless you're playing Alister, Garen is not doing more damage than you, especially mid to late game.

EDIT: And the only way he's dealing damage to you is if you are standing next to him.

Ciaina

11-10-2010

I like him

Dont own him.
Dont use him.
Or maybe i own him ? gotta check. Yup, i own the guy.
Think maybe i used him for a whole 2 games.

I think he works perfectly well. 90 g each 5 minutes will impair his early game, a lot.

Really guys, roll up your sleeves, and adapt.

He has a powerful early game, granted. But only if you allow him to.

Sure if paired with Jannah he can be a *****, but there are worse combo.