Discussion on Items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kavi

04-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPrince View Post
Downvote troll is downvoting everything so keep it upvoted.

Which items do you feel are underpowered, overpowered, strong and should be nerfed/buffed and why? (For Dominion Only)
Please keep it civil and try not to troll.

I will start.
Blackfire Torch = This item provides everything a caster wants with %max health damage making it overpowered as well as slot efficient.
Iceborn Gauntlet = AOE Slow itself is overpowered, when combined with long range spells / skillshots its devastating. 70 armor? Thats huge..
Wooglet's Witchcap = Gives raw ability power boost with armor. Now combine this with Iceborn and you get considerable amount of armor with huge ability power.
The Black Cleaver = A strong item. Gives everything an ad caster needs. 25% increased physical damage from all the sources when combined with Last Whisper its devastating specially when you have more AD champions in your team.
Muramana = Recent change to physical damage have allowed many AD champs to take this item however charging it is a huge pain. The advantage of its passive toggle comes too late to be useful. Either allow tear to be charged with basic attacks or reduce the total charge required.
Executioner's Calling = This item really needs some changes, it was a great and possibly overpowered item in S2 but nerfed it to this extent that nobody uses it. Its costs is high, it should be lowered.
Kitae's Bloodrazor = This item may become useful if its passive does physical damage. I dont see any reason not to because you have given BFT with %max health damage.
Hexdrinker / Maw of Malmortius = Its like they are forcing champions to loose their health in order to gain advantage. Why? Let them decide when to use the shield. Move its passive to active just like wooglets have.

These are few noticeable items that i wanted to discuss, you may have a different opinion on it. Feel free to reply.

What i have seen is AP casters have many itemization choices where AD Casters/AA have less in comparison. Lack of tenacity is still present. Zephyr costs alot so Merc Treads are more popular.
BFT and IG are definitely overpowered right now, no qualms there.

I'm not sure Wooly is quite as overpowered as some claim, yes it's awesome, but it's expensive and doesn't have quite the same stat efficiency as BFT or Hextech Sweeper. Plus, with more critical items ahead of it, often people don't build it until as a 3rd / 4th major item. Put it this way - it's great, but it doesn't quite replace Deathcap + Zhonya for everyone.

Tear is very hard to charge, agree, and mana is already a dubious stat to build on Dominion unless you're Ryze / Blitz.

I don't think Hexdrinker and Maw need a change; I think a toggle shield would be a little bit overpowered on an item of such a low price point, besides the fact that it will proc when you're cc'd is quite useful vs casters. It's definitely at the "oo I need to think about that" sort of place when a caster sees it in an enemy build. It shouldn't be an "oo I need to hard counter this with a major item of my own" sort of thing, imho.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

04-22-2013

Kitae's is still in the game? I thought it was taken out for sucking too hard.

TechPrince

04-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKillMeFirstxX View Post
BC takes WAY too long to finish. You're much better off with ghostblade imo. You get a boatload more damage from it at early levels as well. You can also actually finish it a lot earlier too. That 300 gold makes a big different early in the game.

I have tried to make tear work countless amount of times and it never makes sense by the time I finish it... Too much lost damage during the wait. finishing it early for an AP is like paying 1k gold for 20AP with some mana which you don't really need. For muramana it's even worse if you finish it early. It's about 1k gold for about an extra 10-20 damage and a little mana.

items that need a buff for dominion would probably be zephyr, zeke's, hurricane, bloodrazor, all of the boot upgrades, shard of ice, thornmail, hydra, rageblade and entropy because that item is a horrible option for the length of it's active.
Dominion needs its own version of tear, this is true :P

Nerdock

04-22-2013

Wooglet's is so expensive and so time consuming to finish that honestly, I HOPE the enemy AP buys it. Let them waste time with not buying HP and setting themselves up for positioning disasters as soon as they come out of it. I really don't think it's that "overpowered" because of how long it takes to finish it.

As for tear/muramana? Urgot, Jayce, Cassi (but id never get it on her), Ryze and Malz (just to name a few) stack tear extremely quickly, Malz being the slowest of those. Yeah it'd be neat to give it a tweak, but it's not unviable at ALL, as was claimed earlier. An extra 44 damage on each Urgot q, and I'm not even max mana? Heck, sign me up. Admittedly the cost could use a buff, because for 1400 to upgrade from tear to muramana, I could get a Brutalizer and pots instead.

Luninareph

04-22-2013

I really like the delayed passive on Hexdrinker and Maw of Malmortius. Lets it proc without me needing to pay attention to it and even through CC. If I'm at high health, after all, I don't need it; it procs exactly when I would be wanting to activate it anyway.

Redeemed In Fire

04-22-2013

APs in general are crazy, being able to build bruiser by going for main line damage items.

Wooglets does too much, and needs the zhonyas active split into a separate item. Should just go to 2 wands, giving the AP, MS it used to, and the passive. Then nerf back sweeper MS a bit. It was also pushed out of the zone it was supposed to be in, that is a sub-3k deathcap passive for mages that need it.

BFT needs to lose its health component somehow, and be more dependent on using the DoT proc properly.