Discussion on Items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TechPrince

04-18-2013

Downvote troll is downvoting everything so keep it upvoted.

Which items do you feel are underpowered, overpowered, strong and should be nerfed/buffed and why? (For Dominion Only)
Please keep it civil and try not to troll.

I will start.
Blackfire Torch = This item provides everything a caster wants with %max health damage making it overpowered as well as slot efficient.
Iceborn Gauntlet = AOE Slow itself is overpowered, when combined with long range spells / skillshots its devastating. 70 armor? Thats huge..
Wooglet's Witchcap = Gives raw ability power boost with armor. Now combine this with Iceborn and you get considerable amount of armor with huge ability power.
The Black Cleaver = A strong item. Gives everything an ad caster needs. 25% increased physical damage from all the sources when combined with Last Whisper its devastating specially when you have more AD champions in your team.
Muramana = Recent change to physical damage have allowed many AD champs to take this item however charging it is a huge pain. The advantage of its passive toggle comes too late to be useful. Either allow tear to be charged with basic attacks or reduce the total charge required.
Executioner's Calling = This item really needs some changes, it was a great and possibly overpowered item in S2 but nerfed it to this extent that nobody uses it. Its costs is high, it should be lowered.
Kitae's Bloodrazor = This item may become useful if its passive does physical damage. I dont see any reason not to because you have given BFT with %max health damage.
Hexdrinker / Maw of Malmortius = Its like they are forcing champions to loose their health in order to gain advantage. Why? Let them decide when to use the shield. Move its passive to active just like wooglets have.

These are few noticeable items that i wanted to discuss, you may have a different opinion on it. Feel free to reply.

What i have seen is AP casters have many itemization choices where AD Casters/AA have less in comparison. Lack of tenacity is still present. Zephyr costs alot so Merc Treads are more popular.

naotasan

04-18-2013

Maybe another tenacity item other than the two we have now.
That's the only thing I can think of right now.

A Slime Appears

04-18-2013

Wtb return of FoN

Also they made Hydra cost more. Fiora QQs. Revert!

iPooUnicorns

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2013

Black Cleaver is bad.

TechPrince

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPooUnicorns View Post
Black Cleaver is bad.
Its not bad, it a great item for AD casters, its effectiveness increases with LW. Now add Muramana with it and you will get some high amount of attack damage.

lbgsloan

04-19-2013

Wooglet's and BFT are necessary evil items. The only AP champions that saw play in S2 were ones that could function with tank builds (ie supports, Brand, Diana, etc.). We're seeing a larger pool of mages and AP assassins see play again, so I'd be very careful about hitting these. That said, I think BFT is too much a stat stick still. It's just too much of a no-brainer, while Wooglet's is still specialized enough that some champions won't prioritize it.

IG is definitely way too good. I'd say the sheen proc passive on it should have a longer cooldown. Spammy ranged champions just gain too much kiting power with it, while the rest of the stats are great too.

BC is fine now. It's good, but it's specialized good. Pantheon and Garen love it, but I wouldn't rush build it on Olaf or Ezreal.

Tear items/Roa - Need to gain double changes on Dominion. Only a handful of champions can charge a tear on Dominion, and RoA must be rush bought or it's wasted. Halving the charge time on both would help a great deal.

EC - This appears to be the season 3 'Tiamat', an item everyone agrees is terrible but Riot appears to have zero interest in fixing. I'd suggested before that IE's build path could be changed so that EC is part of it. Would help both items out on Dominion. Also bring back the old active, the new on-hit requirement sucks.

Kitae's/Entropy - Well known UP items. Nome was looking for feedback on it, but the Dominion's support quota for the year ran out before we could get tweaks.

Warmog's - I see no reason why it can't be brought back now.

BOTRK - If Warmog's returns, the situation should be monitored to see if this is needed. Ranged AD also badly needs this.

Odyn's Veil - Has the same problem as Banshee's Veil, a really awkward build path. Catalyst is an early game item you want to hold on to for at least 4-5 levels, and is priced based on this assumption. Finishing veil too early wastes this, while finishing it too late means you're not getting full benefit from the excellent veil passive and active. Also, building a veil outright as a late game counter-item means you are getting ripped off badly on the catalyst. It's hard to win with this item, and so an otherwise good item sees little use. Easy solution is to keep the catalyst procs like RoA does.

Morellonomican - Why would anyone build this junk over super chalice? IMO remove the regen entirely, drop the price, and just make it a really cheap super-CDR/AP item to compete with BFT. Also change the passive to the old active.

A Slime Appears

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Wooglet's and BFT are necessary evil items. The only AP champions that saw play in S2 were ones that could function with tank builds (ie supports, Brand, Diana, etc.). We're seeing a larger pool of mages and AP assassins see play again, so I'd be very careful about hitting these. That said, I think BFT is too much a stat stick still. It's just too much of a no-brainer, while Wooglet's is still specialized enough that some champions won't prioritize it.
I really wouldn't say BFT is a problem after the nerfs. Wooglets, however...I don't care if mages "needed" something that stupid, it's no fun to play against. It's incredibly annoying even if you aren't an all in champ and if you are, well **** you.

Koravel

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPrince View Post
Its not bad, it a great item for AD casters, its effectiveness increases with LW. Now add Muramana with it and you will get some high amount of attack damage.
There are very few champions who should be taking Muramana in Dom. And by very few I mean none.

You're gimping your damage potential by taking tear on a map with passive mana regen.

Black Cleaver is so heavily overrated by everyone. It's not bad, but there are better items to get for AD casters- Last Whisper, for example. BC should only be taken if there are at least 2 AD top, and then only if you're someone who can apply it really quickly, (Pan, Wukong), otherwise it should only be taken if there are 3 AD top or as a last item for a fed AD.

TechPrince

04-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koravel34 View Post
There are very few champions who should be taking Muramana in Dom. And by very few I mean none.

You're gimping your damage potential by taking tear on a map with passive mana regen.

Black Cleaver is so heavily overrated by everyone. It's not bad, but there are better items to get for AD casters- Last Whisper, for example. BC should only be taken if there are at least 2 AD top, and then only if you're someone who can apply it really quickly, (Pan, Wukong), otherwise it should only be taken if there are 3 AD top or as a last item for a fed AD.
Muramana Toggle applies 2 stacks of BC per hit, so its faster with it, although subsequent damage will be less because of mana consumption but still high. LW combined with BC will always be effective.

Camen Sieder

04-22-2013

BC takes WAY too long to finish. You're much better off with ghostblade imo. You get a boatload more damage from it at early levels as well. You can also actually finish it a lot earlier too. That 300 gold makes a big different early in the game.

I have tried to make tear work countless amount of times and it never makes sense by the time I finish it... Too much lost damage during the wait. finishing it early for an AP is like paying 1k gold for 20AP with some mana which you don't really need. For muramana it's even worse if you finish it early. It's about 1k gold for about an extra 10-20 damage and a little mana.

items that need a buff for dominion would probably be zephyr, zeke's, hurricane, bloodrazor, all of the boot upgrades, shard of ice, thornmail, hydra, rageblade and entropy because that item is a horrible option for the length of it's active.