Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So many SMURF ACCOUNTS!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fever SlyShyOne

04-17-2013

When is enough literally enough riot? When is Riot going to literally give the "NEW" People a chance to play and learn the game when ppl are literally making accounts just to gain IP and get the new champs? You have people with lvl 30 accounts just wrecking face on ppl lvl 1-20 enough is enough. I have invited friends to play that I have sat and watched and known that the smurfs were in the games by the champs they have ect... Idc what you say. If you play a smurf account you know what is going to win/get you the most IP.

Riot, Do something about this your player base is going to just keep getting smaller and smaller.

Eagle X D

Recruiter

04-17-2013

How about giving an idea to fix it...

Xivilai Anaxes

04-17-2013

HEY RIOT. I AM POSTING A THREAD ABOUT A PROBLEM THAT EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT AND SAYING HEY MAN FIX IT BECAUSE I'M TOO STUPID TO COME UP WITH A SOLUTION BUT I UNDERSTAND EVERYONE ELSE IS SMARTER THAN ME AND OBVIOUSLY HAS AN IDEA (But only when I make a fully pointless thread)!

Is that what you were getting at?

Cause there's no other explanation as to why you made this.

LordFeint

04-18-2013

Quote:
Fever SlyShyOne:
When is enough literally enough riot? When is Riot going to literally give the "NEW" People a chance to play and learn the game when ppl are literally making accounts just to gain IP and get the new champs? You have people with lvl 30 accounts just wrecking face on ppl lvl 1-20 enough is enough. I have invited friends to play that I have sat and watched and known that the smurfs were in the games by the champs they have ect... Idc what you say. If you play a smurf account you know what is going to win/get you the most IP.

Riot, Do something about this your player base is going to just keep getting smaller and smaller.

See kid.
here's the thing.
The only way.
THE ONLY WAY.
You will ever see the decline of smurf accounts in a FREE TO PLAY game is by...

...wait for it...

...it's coming...

NOT make the game FREE anymore!!!

That's right kid.
Charge $15/month per account name.

IS END.

You'd also see the number of trolls drop by a HUGE ****ing amount too.

Hippopotamus G

04-18-2013

5 wins in a row? hmm you seem good. here, play against people that are 5-10 levels higher than you. 5 wins again? K smurf, here is the level 30s pool.

NA VanderStriker

04-18-2013

kids these days, want a free game dont want smurfs lol go cry at your basement

TheBostonTap

04-18-2013

You can't stop smurfs in a free to play game unless you had Riot tracking your IP, even then, only the non-tech savy players would get stopped.

The solution for new players to play is simple, stick to bots until about level 10. By that point, the Smurfs have either lost interest or shot far beyond you.

Flaest

04-18-2013

Quote:
Fever SlyShyOne:

There is that thing called MMR. They win 3 games 30/0, and then they will be put in the same games with the same smurfs.
And after lvl 10, there is no profit from smurf, no reason to play at all.
And it is pretty simple to get lvl 10.

Bermoth

04-18-2013

I see why people want smurfs, but I think it is unfair to play smurf in normals. I play my smurfs in bot matches where I don't have to worry about hurting other people's feelings. By that I mean pub-stomping, inducing rage-quitters, and etc.

Niqhtmare x

04-18-2013

Quote:
Eagle X D:
How about giving an idea to fix it...

the hidden elo system should fix it already