Insanely long download time!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

watthewat123

04-30-2014

it took me to day to download but i day i only got i step im stuck on 99 percent on both bars
and still got 1059 mb to download

Khai0811

05-10-2014

Ok, so I was updating the patch, SUDDENLY the speed drops to 0kbp/s!!! CRAZY!!! So, pls reply quickly, tq.

P.S
I'm on Second step.

Trikstamachine

05-17-2014

I am on a Mac Mini with plenty of hardrive space remaining. Over 200 GB
My Internet is working perfectly fine.
Yet when I try to play League, I get a patch. Ok no biggie, It's most likely the Braum update. It didn't work, I was getting the same errors and problems as everyone else. I have re-installed numerous times, even tried a VPN to patch. The VPN got me 96% top and 93% bottom bar :/

As of this very moment, my League is attempting to patch. It is at 47% top bar and 2/2 21% bottom with 674 hours remaining.... MY KBps will go up...then drop all the way down to the single digits and eventually 0 KBps. Next to the download rate it says 2316 MB remaining (As of now) and will slowly decrease if the download rate decides to increase back to the hundreds. Honestly I do not know why all of a sudden League of Legends is not working. Support has only been directing me to the other support/faq threads and have been absolutley no help.

I did notice some things though throughout my many hours of waiting:

1. Most of the time when the download rate reaches 0 KBps and stays there for hours, the item in the bottom bar was Gragas related or something with Exo in it... Right now my league just stopped at that but picked up and continues to patch on my adjacent monitor. I am at 2186 MB remaining now.

2. Why does the download rate keep decreasing? How can this be the case if my internet is perfectly fine?

3. My brother has the EXACT same problem but after he tried using the VPN it patched?? Yet I have tried mine more than I can count and have absolutely no progress. He played quite a handful of matches today and I am very jealous his works.

Right now the top bar is at 55% complete and the bottom 2/2 32% [insert randomly increasing/decreasing time estimate] and at 2075 MB remaining. I expect it to slow to 0 any moment and will not be surprised when it happens. Riot, in all honesty, do you have any idea at what is going on?? It seems Mac clients are more effected by this than Windows. I am also NA server. Thank you for reading. I am very low on patience as I have spent 2 weeks trying to figure this out. Support being very ineffective.

Top bar is now58% complete and bottom is 2/2 39% [insert the random time] 1953 MB remaining and of course the horrible download rate of (currently) 700-1000 KBps.
My ISP is Comcast if that helps any. Please assist me and of course the many others who are experiencing this. I just want to carry a couple games </3

KyruHecho

05-17-2014

i have the same problem, yet i have windows. ive been trying for several hours trying everything i can. but everytime, once it gets to almost 50%, the time spikes up to 600+ hours for download. why is this happening? :c

SiD2412

05-18-2014

I agree, I recently bought a Mac because I value my work more than playing league. I was excited that Riot has made a Mac client. Now I am trying to download the first big patch of 2.5 GB and it is painfully slow. I don't understand why Riot does not provide offline download links. If the question is of not using Riot's servers to allow high speed direct downloads, why not package the entire client in a torrent file. PMB isn't available on Mac OS X. I did a quick search and I found tons of forum posts regarding how inefficient PMB is on Windows aswell. Some sites even claim PMB to be a security threat.

To the people who overlooks client management at Riot: You have done a great job building the client. I have seen the client change from the beta years of LoL. There aren't many things wrong with the client that we have now. Why be lazy and not fix the problem of slow patch times and make the entire LoL experience from download to 1st game flawless, especially when there are many easy fixes that are at your disposal.

Eauclaire1121

05-18-2014

If the patcher get stuck, restart your router or go into terminal while running as administrator and type in ipconfig /release
This worked for me on my pc and mac.

trollymctrollerx

05-24-2014

Ok yea I'm having a similar problem been trying to download for about 5 hours I got all the way to 99% on both then it hit 0 Kbps so I waited awhile and nothing happened so I restarted (full redownload ) now I'm at 95 and 97 and oh what do you know it stopped at 390 again

Nitrochargers

05-29-2014

My computer always get stuck at 33 or 90 and i reopen the client and it goes up to 33% again and stays there please help!

praxis000

06-15-2014

why does it freaking take so long!!!! this is my third time re downloading the game because of glitches

CFC KTBFFH

06-18-2014

What should i do?

Ive been waiting 4 hours and this is as far as its gotten http://prntscr.com/3u9vkg . 1 sec at a time.

Help please!