MMR Too Low, Need Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wackshot55

04-17-2013

So when the new ranked system was implemented I was silver 3, I wasn't good enough for it so I moved down to silver 5. I have over 100 games played in silver 5, and I'm starting to get the feeling that it's impossible for me to get out of silver 5. I have my win streaks between 3-5 games, i usually get up to 40-50 points and then lose until i hit 0 points ( if it went into negative points from losing games i'd be somewhere in there). Now back to my MMR, when i do win i only gain about 6-9 league points, but then when i lose i lose triple that. Now I know the system thinks I should be demoted, but I can't get demoted anymore than division 5. So I just played a game and lost it, I was at 24 points which took about 3 games to get up to, and then i lost the next game and was instantly 0 points. I need help or some advice on what to do and no I don't want the following responses: "Stop playing ranked" or "Don't play for 28 days....". I'd like some insightful responses, thanks

InBefore

04-17-2013

Keep playing ranked. Don't think of league points as a measure on how well you do. Even if you go back down to 0 points your hidden mmr just gained 20 or so, the more you do so the more league points you'll eventually gain

uJank

04-17-2013

Sorry noob here , what is MMR?

The Shadow Bane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2013

match making rating

cmale123

04-18-2013

get more champion. i notice that the more champ you get the better chances u win. next is know how to play it right. if you sucking at your lane try not to feed n hope other guy do well. sometime that all need to win. do what your team ask for. bec that part team work.

zemdu

04-18-2013

Plain and simple: you need to win more than you lose in order to move up. Just ignore LP for the time being. So if in your next 30 games you win 15 and lose 15 then you'll pretty much stay in Silver V. If you win 20 and lose 10 you'll find LP much easier to gain, although that might not even be enough to get you to the next division depending on how much you've lost in the past.

For example, if you have a bad 30 loss 10 win ratio in the past you basically need to make up for that to be able to move back up again.