Ranked is no longer fun.

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alumenlux

04-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****ledrip View Post
In previous seasons, I could win 4-5 in a row and gain a solid amount of Elo. Now I must win 4-5, then 3/5 in a series to even gain anything. If I get unlucky and lose, well there are hours and hours wasted.
you still get 4-5 games worth of net mmr

so even if you get trolled in your promo series, your lp gains will increase and your lp losses will decrease

leading to you getting to series again easier

and you're bound to win 3 out of 5 at some point if you're getting 5 game win streaks, and you get promoted

that's the intent of the system, anyway, and it's less frustrating if you understand it

Oh ok

04-18-2013

The fact that pros consistently make smurfs and can get up to diamond relatively quickly means that there is no such thing as uncarryable games. The enemy team has just as much a chance of being crappy as yours does.

Caipirinhas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****ledrip View Post
I dont claim to be the best player, but ranked is this game is by far the most frustrating experience in any game I have played thus far.

4 Promotion Series to get out of bronze 1 into silver. Multiple times I have had either people leave, people doing their first ****ing placement game, or people that claim ," X role or I feed"

Why is ranked so toxic? Why is ranked a competition of who can beat their head against the wall hard enough to gain ranks.

I will win 4-5 in a row to get into a promotion series, then I am only met with anguish. Does Riot really want me to win 8 games out of 10 to be promoted out of this **** hole?

Why am I playing my promotion series games with people who havent even been placed in a league? I would prefer the old Elo system instead of this **** where I must go on extreme win streaks to make it anywere.

I really dont care how much people think they could EASILY carry themselves out of Bronze to whatever league they think they deserve. I seriously question if any of the games I have played in my promotion series have even been winnable.

I am not a Challenger player, I see myself as a Gold player. Despite what people say, it is not easy to carry yourself out of this **** hole, even worse now that they have created these artifical barriers to trip you up every step of the way. When is the last time you have gone 10 games without a leaver / afk / rager / someone who will not ward and gets dominated?

I have had a lot of fun on this game, but I cannot handle the **** system Riot has been in place.

In previous seasons, I could win 4-5 in a row and gain a solid amount of Elo. Now I must win 4-5, then 3/5 in a series to even gain anything. If I get unlucky and lose, well there are hours and hours wasted.

Solo Que is the worst experience I have ever had in a game period. I would challenge those if they really have that much fun at the Bronze--> Silver level. I really feel at this point it is luck if I ever rank up to anything.

Again, I am not going to say I am the jesus of League and deserve to be in diamond but am being held back. I dont win 10/10 games. I make mistakes, but I dont leave games, I dont rage at people, I dont do any of the toxic things that I truly hate in this game.

I sometimes wish to see how a real pro could have done in some of my games. I wish it could have been doublelift playing caitlin when my top fed khazix and mid fed diana, could he really have carried himself out of that? Could Saintvicious have stopped that **** storm? Sometimes the odds in this game are so against you, there is nothing you could have done to stop it.

A system that decides on your personal rank based off how a team does is poor and worthless.
nice 6.5/4.9/8.9 KDA ****ledrip im totally agree with you the matchmaking is totally broken i just qualified silver in another server won 6/10 but the teams were totally unbalanced, enemy team ppl with 300 or more played ranked, in my team ppl with 3 games or less, it was really frustrating.

deadafterall

04-18-2013

i couldn't agree more with OP
my experiences with ranked is that if you don't fall perfectly into someones preconceived niche then they will rage and hate on you. Type in all chat about "GG" because of x reason. when minions haven't even spawned.
essentially what i've deemed is that people are so concerned about winning it's counter productive and leads to failure. and of course, love them afks

Naebliss

04-18-2013

Hey, Let's be honest. RIOT is way behind the 8 ball when it comes to concepts and programming.

They cannot even make Advanced Bots for practicing.

Their rank system for SOLO/DUO que is based off of how your team perform... There is no basis for ANYTHING on a solo/duo level.

So it is exactly the same ranking system as 5v5.

That is conceptually pathetic.

You get absolutely nothing but anger and frustration from solo que...
5v5 teams are HARD to come by and work with.
WHY is an individualized ranking system SO hard to come by?

You do well on your champ (solid cs, not a lot of deaths, and a lot of supports) and you lose a game.... - 12 LP or something to that effect instead of -20.

And the Promo series should be ONLY people that are in PROMO. On both teams. A group of people that are semi SERIOUS about advancing themselves.

Cleavanator

04-18-2013

I agree. I'm stuck in Bronze but I feel like I should belong in higher divisions of Silver.

Alumenlux

04-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by noudesu View Post
The fact that pros consistently make smurfs and can get up to diamond relatively quickly means that there is no such thing as uncarryable games. The enemy team has just as much a chance of being crappy as yours does.
the idea is a silver level player would have a hard time getting out of bronze. if they actually belong there, they will get there, but it can take a large amount of games, which can be frustrating and hence forum qq

Blackii Chan

04-18-2013

So many people qq about there elo hell every day. Its all i see on these threads. I was bronze 3 and carried myself out of it in a month and am now silver 2 just get better.

HongWeiLo

04-18-2013

I think ranked is intended to be fun. Just try to avoid negative attitudes and be friendly.

Just take a chill pill when you play (we all need to do this, most of us know it but have trouble)

Also, KDA subject to change as the quality of your opponents increases.

Or you just start supporting or running someone who dies for the benefit of the team (a soak)

Alumenlux

04-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naebliss View Post
WHY is an individualized ranking system SO hard to come by?
because there is no reasonably reliable way to enumerate personal contribution in a single game

so the system works in a fashion that makes game-by-game variables irrelevant. play a lot of games then teammates/dcs/trolls/smurfs/etc become statistically constant and the only variable becomes yourself

which is quite sound conceptually

1234567 ... 9