Elo is dom.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

osnapcracklenpop

04-17-2013

I see people talking about their elo, how exactly do you find out what your elo is?

Edit: So i have a win/loss different of about +65, would that put me in around the 1800 elo mark?

weezcake

04-17-2013

There used to be a method way back when, but it's been disabled by Riot since about June 2012. If you were around back then, you can see your last recorded ELO at lolmatches.com.

Tortferngatr

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezcake View Post
There used to be a method way back when, but it's been disabled by Riot since about June 2012. If you were around back then, you can see your last recorded ELO at lolmatches.com.
Today it refers to "to what degree are your teammates and opponents utilizing medium-level and high-level Dominion tactics." The best benchmark for this is average Revives per team.

FatMii

04-17-2013

HELL NO. Even people as low as 1600 take revive. I see 10 revives every single game I played but I know I am low elo when I don't get people I recognize.

konfetarius

04-17-2013

Its extrapolated relative to the top Dominion names based on when their Elo was explicitly tracked as they are reasonably stable players. If you play with the likes of Sauron/inFe eD regularly, for better or worse you are high elo. If you sit in queue for ages along with the likes of Sauron/inFe eD, you are silly high elo.

kavi

04-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMii View Post
HELL NO. Even people as low as 1600 take revive. I see 10 revives every single game I played but I know I am low elo when I don't get people I recognize.
^ can verify, though no. of revives does give a good estimate up to about 1650-1700, where non-revive players pretty much disappear, as far as I can tell.The number of players you can recognize from your last 3-4 months of play is a better indication (assuming you play regularly and above 1650 or so).

I wrote a little guide about this a short time ago: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3262400

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
Its extrapolated relative to the top Dominion names based on when their Elo was explicitly tracked as they are reasonably stable players. If you play with the likes of Sauron/inFe eD regularly, for better or worse you are high elo. If you sit in queue for ages along with the likes of Sauron/inFe eD, you are silly high elo.
^ this.

For highly unstable players who mainly play solo queue (like myself ) you can still offer a reasonable estimate of Elo since your Elo gains will average out to 12 per net win (this is how lolcave's estimate works). A lot of the major discrepancies of Elo vs win-loss on Dominion usually come from one of the following:

(1) propensity for premades, which can radically effect your MMR, thus causing you to gain (or lose) much more Elo than you normally would per game
(2) consistently duo-queuing with players of a radically different Elo or level vs yourself
(3) very uneven on win/loss in your first 20 or so Dominion games
(4) particularly high or low Summoner's Rift normal Elo (upon which your initial Dominion Elo was based)
(5) being of such a high Elo that you are statistically much more likely to be matched with players of a lower quality than yourself (though in the present inquiry this is fairly tautologous, seeing as how this itself would be an indication of high Elo!)

If none of these factors apply to you, you can give yourself a rough estimate of your Elo from your win-loss, even better if you can verify your estimate with some hard data from lolmatches or Jabebot (as was). I can use myself as an example:

1. SR normal Elo was almost exactly 1300 when I started playing Dominion
2. My last recorded Elo on lolmatches (several months and several hundred games later) was almost exactly [win-loss] * 12 + 1300
3. Extrapolating this to the present day, my current Elo would be 1766, and I can reasonably claim that it's somewhere between 1700 and 1800, given that 95% of the games I play are solo queue.

If you want, I can take a look at your win/loss and match history and give you a rough but reliable estimate of your Elo, just let me know ^^

Eloquid

04-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavi View Post
^ can verify, though no. of revives does give a good estimate up to about 1650-1700, where non-revive players pretty much disappear, as far as I can tell.The number of players you can recognize from your last 3-4 months of play is a better indication (assuming you play regularly and above 1650 or so).

I wrote a little guide about this a short time ago: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3262400

^ this.

For highly unstable players who mainly play solo queue (like myself ) you can still offer a reasonable estimate of Elo since your Elo gains will average out to 12 per net win (this is how lolcave's estimate works). A lot of the major discrepancies of Elo vs win-loss on Dominion usually come from one of the following:

(1) propensity for premades, which can radically effect your MMR, thus causing you to gain (or lose) much more Elo than you normally would per game
(2) consistently duo-queuing with players of a radically different Elo or level vs yourself
(3) very uneven on win/loss in your first 20 or so Dominion games
(4) particularly high or low Summoner's Rift normal Elo (upon which your initial Dominion Elo was based)
(5) being of such a high Elo that you are statistically much more likely to be matched with players of a lower quality than yourself (though in the present inquiry this is fairly tautologous, seeing as how this itself would be an indication of high Elo!)

If none of these factors apply to you, you can give yourself a rough estimate of your Elo from your win-loss, even better if you can verify your estimate with some hard data from lolmatches or Jabebot (as was). I can use myself as an example:

1. SR normal Elo was almost exactly 1300 when I started playing Dominion
2. My last recorded Elo on lolmatches (several months and several hundred games later) was almost exactly [win-loss] * 12 + 1300
3. Extrapolating this to the present day, my current Elo would be 1766, and I can reasonably claim that it's somewhere between 1700 and 1800, given that 95% of the games I play are solo queue.

If you want, I can take a look at your win/loss and match history and give you a rough but reliable estimate of your Elo, just let me know ^^

So, if one is say at +50 wins, does it mean he or she is at 1200 (average of averages, if I remember correctly) + 50*12 = 1800 elo? I don't know, it doesn't sound like high win/loss ratio, yet elo thus calculated is pretty high.

DiscworldDeath

04-18-2013

You can't extrapolate anything by number of wins. I've seen people with about +10 w/l at 2k Elo and at 900. Not all games are worth the same.

You could sort of extrapolate when you used to have a beginning number, but the more time and games that pass from your last recorded information, the less useful it becomes. And if you multi-queue a lot, just forget it, it's sort of true if you only ever solo queue.

Eloquid

04-18-2013

I always play solo because I perform better that way. Having friend in a team always makes me wanna help them and save them from their own stupidity, which most often ends up with both of us being dead, so...

I left TT map at something around 180/100 ratio, which would put me at +2k elo, if 12 points per win were true on that map. I don't feel that good though.

Koravel

04-18-2013

W/L ratio doesn't really tell you anything because we don't know your starting point, and that's assuming all the other factors kavi mentioned don't apply to you, (I play mentor games, so I'm sure that #2 applies to me, at least).

If you were playing last June, you can get a very rough estimate by looking at W/L ratio and recorded elo at that time vs your W/L ratio now.

Another issue would be playing against premades that you don't know are premades, as this also affects your MMR differently.

There really is no way to be sure anymore.