Dominion doesn't need ranked.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaWraith

04-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGYJustin View Post
What it needs is a tournament hosted by Riot. The top teams that play weekly for the entertainment of the followers of Dominate Dominion can compete in said tournament for whatever prize Riot decides to have for the winners of the tournament. Riot can use their large amount of resources to build hype for the tournament, as well as an eventual audience for when it is broadcast. Not only will this raise awareness of the less popular game mode, it will also show that there truly is a dedicated community that works hard to be the best at a mode that they love that isn't the norm.

With that being said, I apologize for the wording in my title. That was simply to draw attention. Dominion does need ranked, but what it needs before that is support and attention. A tournament would accomplish that well, I think.

Riot, please consider this. This doesn't need to happen now. It can be in the future. I'd be fine with that. Perhaps you could begin arranging the tournament after you decide what to do about map-specific balancing: a possibility that some Reds have talked about in threads separate from this one.
Ever heard of Dominate Dominion's Tournament? This already exists, minus the advertising... It is run by DD the Feedski; but riot supplies prizes to the winners... it's been going on every week for a year now.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2013

Ranked right now would pretty much destroy Dom as a mode by splitting the already tiny queue. It's unpopular to hear, but it's the seriously most likely scenario to happen.

Eloquid

04-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
dominion is boring
Hur hur, you'll miss a last hit!

Eloquid

04-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGYJustin View Post
What it needs is a tournament hosted by Riot. The top teams that play weekly for the entertainment of the followers of Dominate Dominion can compete in said tournament for whatever prize Riot decides to have for the winners of the tournament. Riot can use their large amount of resources to build hype for the tournament, as well as an eventual audience for when it is broadcast. Not only will this raise awareness of the less popular game mode, it will also show that there truly is a dedicated community that works hard to be the best at a mode that they love that isn't the norm.

With that being said, I apologize for the wording in my title. That was simply to draw attention. Dominion does need ranked, but what it needs before that is support and attention. A tournament would accomplish that well, I think.

Riot, please consider this. This doesn't need to happen now. It can be in the future. I'd be fine with that. Perhaps you could begin arranging the tournament after you decide what to do about map-specific balancing: a possibility that some Reds have talked about in threads separate from this one.

Maybe you're being downvoted because you're missing the target. Dominate Dominion already exist, and you're talking about far advanced form of promoting and supporting the mode that doesn't even have the very rudimentary support in form of basic instructions for noobs on site, bugs removal, patch notes, communication of reds with community, and so on.